Hacking Wii backup Manager for Windows

Toughschmidt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Mr. Fig,

I appreciate all you've done so far. I'm at the end of my limit with my first WBFS hard drive, and my plan is to dump everything onto a fresh larger FAT32 HD so I can have them all on one partition. However, file management with the WBFS drive is continually crashing. I'm using 0.3.4r4 Everytime I try to transfer to my FAT32 drive or dump to ISO directly from the WBFS drive, I get

Application Error:
Exception EZeroDivide in module WiiBackupManager.exe at 0002863E. Floating point division by zero.

The transfer bar starts, and then quickly ends and crashes. ISO/.wbfs transfer between the FAT32 and normal Windows NTFS system HD's seems fine.

I was previously using WBFSSync to transfer between my computer and WBFS drive, and I can still dump the ISO's to the computer from the WBFS drive using that. It'll just take way longer to do those extra steps since each game would have to be dumped to its full 4.37GB size then transfered to the FAT32, and I'd really rather not have to do it that way. Thanks in advance.

I tested with 0.3.3, and it seems to be working. I noticed you meantioned Administrator rights, but the 0.3.4 failure still happens even run as administrator.

Edit: After playing with 0.3.3, I did not have a problem copying Brawl from WBFS to FAT32, it copied and played just fine.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
Because it's OK with 0.3.3, it must be that copying 1 WBFS block at a time is problematic on some systems. That could've been the source of phantom transfer bug in the early versions. In the coming version, I've reverted back to copying 1 Wii sector at a time, the same as 0.3.3, because it's faster on some systems and obviously works better on others too.

The exception is probably caused after the transfer failed. Most likely calculating the time taken or in the progress update. I thought I'd covered that, but I'll check again because I've missed something.

0.3.3 keeps the "game only" by default which is why SSBB will work without any changes. 0.3.4+ uses "Keep all partitions" as the default setting. 0.3.5 fixes the SSBB issue, so all of it should work OK. Let me know after the release if it doesn't..

Thanks for the report.

Dispel

Trophies
XP
Country
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=2588535

have this prob
QUOTE said:
when I tried a clone I got an error with "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" ... when I tried running cloned "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" I kept getting the error "ubfs panic : malloc fst" and my Wii would freeze/crashQUOTENTFS HDD, file on HDD is ISO (Wii backup manager 0.3.4r4), CFG v51 & Hermes cIOS v4 .. it gives me 'malloc fst' when i start the game (default is 222 mload) or even when I go to options (thus can't set 223) .. Wii also hangs up .. every single other game is working on default CFG settings (only MP3 needs 223 mload), but of course all of them are single-layer

would having SSBB in .wbfs solve this ? is this a problem of the backup manager or of the CFG loader (i.e. big DL ISO's not supported ?)

thanks

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
What is the proper syntax for including a colon in a title of a game? I use Configurable USB Loader.

For example, I want a game title to be displayed as "Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree".

The folder is named "Big Brain Academy - Wii Degree [RYWE01]"
The text file inside that folder is called RYWE01_Big_Brain_Academy_-_Wii_Degree.txt
Inside the text file I have a line RYWE01 = Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree

The game is still displayed as Big Brain Academy - Wii Degree. I don't want to use titles.txt.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Knocks said:
What is the proper syntax for including a colon in a title of a game? I use Configurable USB Loader.

For example, I want a game title to be displayed as "Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree".

The folder is named "Big Brain Academy - Wii Degree [RYWE01]"
The text file inside that folder is called RYWE01_Big_Brain_Academy_-_Wii_Degree.txt
Inside the text file I have a line RYWE01 = Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree

The game is still displayed as Big Brain Academy - Wii Degree. I don't want to use titles.txt.
If you want colons inside the names, I think you are going to have to use titles.txt (or custom-titles.txt). You physically can't put colons into a filename or directory name. The only other thing I can think of is to edit the actual game image to insert the title into the disc header.

What's so bad about titles.txt anyway? It's not like you need to have every game in there. It's easy to create in Cfg too. Just save your global settings and it will produce gamelist.txt for you. Fix any of the missing colons, and save the file as titles.txt or custom-titles.txt in either Cfg's base directory or apps directory and you have your solution.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@Dispel
It is a little flaw that was in my code, but copying the "game only" works OK. The new version will work with all the settings.

I think WBM is the only app that handles the multiple partitions (there's WiiScrubber too). If the game is copied with another app and you remove any partitions, the partition table will contain invalid entries. These aren't noticeable using USB loaders since they are ignored, but if you extract an ISO from WBFS and load it in WBM or WiiScrubber, you'll get errors. I'm not sure what'll happen if you try to burn the ISO to disc.

@Knocks
Like Dr. Clipper suggested, I'd recommend the custom-titles.txt for that. Just add the entries that you want to show in the loader. 0.3.5 will allow you to do that too by editing the entries with custom titles enabled..

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
fig, If I want to transfer a dual layer game should I use a particular version? I only have 1 (ssbb) but r4 won't do anything with it.

Copy, transfer to ISO or CISO or wbfs same result - it goes through the motions and says it's done ( I even watch the .tmp file exists until it says it's finished ok) but then, no file. tmp file gets deleted end result nothing.

Any ideas? or are we broken for dual layer games at the mo?

I cant test with another game cos I only have one .

I've noticed this happen occasionally with the tiny ISO forwarders as well - some don't transfer others do

Oops you just answered that one!
blush.gif

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
If you want colons inside the names, I think you are going to have to use titles.txt (or custom-titles.txt). You physically can't put colons into a filename or directory name. The only other thing I can think of is to edit the actual game image to insert the title into the disc header.

What's so bad about titles.txt anyway? It's not like you need to have every game in there. It's easy to create in Cfg too. Just save your global settings and it will produce gamelist.txt for you. Fix any of the missing colons, and save the file as titles.txt or custom-titles.txt in either Cfg's base directory or apps directory and you have your solution.

QUOTE(fig2k4 @ Feb 10 2010, 04:40 AM) Like Dr. Clipper suggested, I'd recommend the custom-titles.txt for that. Just add the entries that you want to show in the loader. 0.3.5 will allow you to do that too by editing the entries with custom titles enabled..

Actually, colons used to display fine without a titles.txt. The individual text files generated when converting an ISO to wbfs contained a custom title, which could be changed by the user. After upgrading Wii Backup Manager from 0.2.2 to 0.3.4, I decided to take advantage of the new storage convention and convert from all files in a single folder to separate sub-folders. After changing to a new convention, the loader started ignoring the custom title inside individual text files. It goes strictly by the folder name now.

Audion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best & quickest Wii transfer software I've used yet. Thanks for all the work!!

I'd like to request the ability to export a CSV file of a list of selected games. At minimum Game Title & Size but preferably user selectable fields.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Audion said:

I'd like to request the ability to export a CSV file of a list of selected games. At minimum Game Title & Size but preferably user selectable fields.

It's coming in future releases, just be patient
biggrin.gif

@fig2k4, maybe u should put a list of things that have already been suggested in the first post to reduce the number of repeats (kind of like what oggzee did with the cfg loader thread)

also, sorry i haven't had a chance to test that beta version u sent me yet, but its on my to do list!

cheers

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Audion said:

That is already a planned feature.

Edit: I must have forgot to refresh before posting. Whoops. :/

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
that guide there is very old, don't be fooled by the covers.

Covers were in the initial release, but then temporarily removed when fig2k4 re-wrote the app from the ground-up. It will be included in the app again eventually.

the guide still works, even though its outdated, it just doesn't explain a lot of the new features, but basic functions remain the same

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love this app now that I have it configured properly!

One request, if its possible, can you make it eject the tray once a dvd is done ripping? its a small thing, but it would be very nice.

fred bloggs

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fig2k4 said:
Makes perfect sense. It would be handy keeping it on the FAT32 drive, maybe even auto running when the drive is inserted.

Did you get anywhere with looking at this - I've tried searching the thread but not found anything....

It would be great to have it the Backup Manager auto start when the HDD is plugged in.

Thanks in advance,

Fred

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
0.3.5 beta 1 is up.

Changes
Fixed: Read-only file handling. If write access fails, then files are opened as read-only (when it's valid to do so).
Added: Multi language support. UK English by default. I did a US English translation but the only difference is the word "Colour"
smile.gif

Added: French translation by redia
Added: German translation by Kaligula
Added: Brazilian Portuguese translation by leo_bsb
Added: Dutch transation by spidy1000
Added: Inline editing for titles/ID/Region. Only the title is editable with read-only files, which will be added to the custom titles file.
Added: New list column. "File access", which shows if a list entry is considered to be read-only.
Added: Option to "Allow permanent changes to Wii discs". Write title/ID to the Wii disc header in ISO/CISO/WBFS.
Added: Option to "Allow changes to WBFS discs". Write title/ID to WBFS disc header. This must be enabled for the above option to work with WBFS too.
Added: New column, "Original title". This shows the title stored in the file.
Changed: Display order for titles. In order of priority... Custom, WiiTDB, original.
Changed: Rename functions use the new display order. So what you see in the list is what's written to the files and also used for the file/folder names.
changed: CustomTitles.txt is now custom-titles.txt for CFG 52b2+ compatibility.
Changed: Settings dialog layout so it's easily adjusted to fit the text width of different languages.
Added: Spanish translation by 6izmo.
Added: Traditional Chinese translation by TeenTin.
Added: Simplified Chinese translation by sniperz
Added: Drive/DVD insert and removal detection.
Added: Cached drive lists for the menus, format dialog and settings dialog.
Added: Game list export with templates.
Added: More comprehensive game region list.

@VashTS
If you plan to rip more than 1 DVD, enable batch mode in the transfer menu. The disc will be ejected and it'll wait on the next one to be inserted. I'll add an option to eject the disc for normal rips too..

@Knocks
0.3.5 is the first version that allows editing of the internal title of ISO/CISO. Other versions only changed WBFS/WBFS files and renamed the ISO folders etc. if necessary. The actual ISO files were never touched. You can now "Allow permanent changes to Wii Discs" in the settings to edit ISO titles/ID/Region.

@fred bloggs
You could create an autorun.inf file on the drive. If you have autorun enabled then WBM should start when the drive is inserted. I think you'll be prompted on Vista/Win7. Anyway, something like this...
Code:
[autorun]
open=WiiBackupManager.exe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: