Hacking Wii backup Manager for Windows

tstwitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks Fig, all done, sent you an email. I think if I did the web reply in text only it probably would take a lot less room. I will have to test....... Nope, still to big, even in text only mode.

tstwitter

tstwitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Donate $10 dudes to support Fig and development of Wii Backup Manager. Go to his website www.wiibackupmanager.tk , he deserves our support for his excellent product and anyways, think of how many free games you have gotten! $10 is nothing, but helps ensure we have a good product to load up games.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
Got the email and the donation, thanks. :)

First of all there's a couple of files you should check (not related to the error).
Unsupported archive format
E:\Downloads2\Wii Games\[WII]Rock N Roll Adventures [PAL][ESPALWII.com].rar
Is this RAR file corrupt?

No valid files found in archive
E:\Downloads2\Wii Games\[Wii]Excite_Truck[PAL][MULTI5][wiisos.com].rar
Is there an ISO in this RAR?
The error doesn't actually happen with the games you mentioned. The problem file is..

E:\Downloads2\Wii Games\[WII]Charm Girls Club Pajama Party [PAL][ESPALWII.com].rar

There is a bug, or lack of error handling somewhere in WBM because it should carry on with the next files even if there's an error, but it doesn't with this one. There's probably 20+ games (I didn't count them) not added to the list because the thread terminates early.

The first thing you could try is to test this file with WinRar. If it's OK, then increase the archive extraction size in the WBM settings to see if it helps. If that still fails, move the file from the search path to see if there's any more errors with the remaining files. Send me the logs at each stage in case I spot something more meaningful because the stack trace wasn't as detailed as I hoped for.

There's other things I could try, but I'll wait on the results from those suggestions first. Even if you decide to simply delete that game, I'd appreciate it if you can let me know the results anyway so I can fix it. :)

Cheers.

tstwitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Fig, cool. Did the following regarding these offending file (games)...

"Unsupported archive format
E:\Downloads2\Wii Games\[WII]Rock N Roll Adventures [PAL][ESPALWII.com].rar
Is this RAR file corrupt?"

File has not COMPLETELY downloaded, it has about 5% more to go and there are 0 seeders left . I just left it there, looks like WBM is just skipping over it which is perfect.

"No valid files found in archive
E:\Downloads2\Wii Games\[Wii]Excite_Truck[PAL][MULTI5][wiisos.com].rar
Is there an ISO in this RAR?"

It is a rar within a rar, it extracts to an iso
(single rar, that extracts to many rar files, which extracts to a single iso)
The single iso turns into a zero byte file! Still seems to be included in the correctly extracted Files Games List of the first tab. So I will just leave it there. Strange unrar'ing process thought that gives me a zero byte file. I use 7zip for all my archiving as it has low overhead and extracts just about ANYTHING.

"The error doesn't actually happen with the games you mentioned. The problem file is..
E:\Downloads2\Wii Games\[WII]Charm Girls Club Pajama Party [PAL][ESPALWII.com].rar "

regarding the offending [WII]Charm Girls Club Pajama Party [PAL][ESPALWII.com].rar
I unrar'ed it and it became the four files below. I don't know how to test the iso
but it looks ok from a size point of view.

b-cgcpjparty(compress).iso 4,589,824 kb
ESPALNDS.com - Tu portal de descargas para Nintendo DS.url
ESPALPSP.com - Tu portal de descargas para PSP.url
ESPALWii.com - Tu portal de descargas para Wii.url
Leeme.txt

Test 1) Double archive extraction size from 16MBto 32MB,... run WBM, same number of games extracted (no Kirby games for example)
Test 2) Maximized archive extraction size to 64MB,... run WBM, no difference

Test 3) For some reason "Add files from folders recursively" was NOT ticked, in the options I ticked it
and retested. No difference, no "Kirby games" so it did not complete

Test 4) Temporarily MOVE E:\Downloads2\Wii Games\[WII]Charm Girls Club Pajama Party [PAL][ESPALWII.com].rar
to E:\Downloads2\Wii Games Bad\[WII]Charm Girls Club Pajama Party [PAL][ESPALWII.com].rar
by using Utorrent, Right click on torrent, Advanced, Set Download location

Ensured [WII]Charm Girls Club Pajama Party [PAL][ESPALWII.com].rar does not exist in E:\Downloads2\Wii Games\
in an extracted format, it did, delete extraction, source is still in E:\Downloads2\Wii Games Bad\
Rerun WBM, we still don't seem to have the Kirby games and there still in a exception in the Log right after
processing Chaotic Warriors.

Test 5) Tryed moving [WII]Caspers Scare School Spooky Sports Day [PAL][ESPALWII.com].rar
to E:\Downloads2\Wii Games Bad\, Perfect! All the games are processed including the Kirby games that were previously missed. Note it seems to process the Wii games names in the log from the bottom up (reverse). That is why I chose to move [WII]Caspers Scare School Spooky Sports Day [PAL][ESPALWII.com].rar
Cool, resolved. Looks like [WII]Caspers Scare School Spooky Sports Day [PAL][ESPALWII.com].rar was the offending game!

Wiil try new version now
tstwitter

tstwitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Fig,

Started using new 4.68mod (that's what I have called it) version of WBM

Test 1) Just ran the program with the newly added search directory of E:\Downloads2\Wii Games\ and the two questionable games not included. Questionable games are:
[WII]Charm Girls Club Pajama Party [PAL][ESPALWII.com].rar and
[WII]Caspers Scare School Spooky Sports Day [PAL][ESPALWII.com].rar
WBM runs perfectly and ALL games are picked up with no exception in the log with those questionable games not in the search folder

Test 2) Add back [WII]Caspers Scare School Spooky Sports Day [PAL][ESPALWII.com].rar (Utorrent, right click on torrent, advanced, set download location E:\Downloads2\Wii Games\)
WBM now halts with an exception after [WII]Chaotic Shadow Warriors [NTSC] [ESPALWII.com].rar just like the original version of WBM 4.68, and does not process any more games.

Drat, but at least we found out the culprit, it's [WII]Caspers Scare School Spooky Sports Day [PAL][ESPALWII.com].rar game. I will email you Fig the torrent in question if you like.
I have not left any torrent comments there yet, until we come to a conclusion,.. whenever.

tstwitter

p.s. I also unrar'ed [WII]Caspers Scare School Spooky Sports Day [PAL][ESPALWII.com].rar and it turned into five files:
caspers.iso (4,699,979,766 "bytes I think" in 7zip) (4,589,824 KB in Windows Explorer)
ESPALNDS.com - Tu portal de descargas para Nintendo DS.url
ESPALPSP.com - Tu portal de descargas para PSP.url
ESPALWii.com - Tu portal de descargas para Wii.url
Leeme.txt

tstwitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hum, tried something else...
Moved the [WII]Caspers Scare School Spooky Sports Day [PAL][ESPALWII.com].rar to E:\Downloads2\Wii Games Bad\ (within Utorrent), then manually unrar'ed the iso and put the caspers.iso into E:\Downloads2\Wii Games , then reran WBM. So not we are including just the iso and not needing to unrar it. Same exception issue, except the exception is in the C's just after COD World at War. So,... it's not the unrar process, it's something to do with the processing of the caspers.iso itself.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Yeah, I have a feeling that the ISO is either fake or corrupt. Did you try to add the individual file instead of the folder search?

The main thing I'm concerned about is that WBM shouldn't quit the thread when it encounters this file. It should just label it as bad and move on.

tstwitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Question, what is a good safe and easy way to setup Wii Channel Games (wad's, Video Console, etc type games). I am looking for the most easy and safe way to do it. I am using the latest Configurable USB Loader to launch my Wii games.

As well, are Game Cube games Wii iso/wbfs games, or are they wads ? There are a few older Game Cube games I was thinking of loading up because some are quite good (good memories of the past).

I just didn't want to Brick my Wii as it works so... well. My mod is mauifrog's at
http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-guides-tutorials-only/60921-guide-softmod-any-wii.html
and GAF's d2x CIOS update that has now allowed ANY game to be played by using Block IOS Reload properly (need to update Configurable USB Loader online to complete)
http://gwht.wikidot.com/d2x

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Gamecube games can not be played from an external USB device, unless you got a WODE.

But gamecube games are GC iso's :)

tstwitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I have a feeling that the ISO is either fake or corrupt. Did you try to add the individual file instead of the folder search?

Ok, tried manually adding the caspers.iso and got the same exception. It's below..

13:52:51 Add Files Open dialog shown
13:53:05 Add Files Open dialog returned true
13:53:05 AddFilesThread Thread started
13:53:05 AddFilesThread File count 1
13:53:05 AddFilesThread Exception raised Access violation at address 00403598 in module 'WiiBackupManager_Win32.exe'. Read of address 0000002C
Stack trace:
[00403598]{WiiBackupManager_Win32.exe} System.SysFreeMem
[00677402]{WiiBackupManager_Win32.exe} WiiDisc.TWiiDisc.BuildUsage (Line 512, "WiiDisc.pas" + 13)
[0067C760]{WiiBackupManager_Win32.exe} WiiDisc.TWiiDisc.EstimateDataSize (Line 2274, "WiiDisc.pas" + 4)
[006E872C]{WiiBackupManager_Win32.exe} Threads.TAddFilesThread.Execute (Line 1352, "Threads.pas" + 288)
[0045AF5A]{WiiBackupManager_Win32.exe} System.Classes.ThreadProc
[0040775C]{WiiBackupManager_Win32.exe} System.ThreadWrapper
13:53:05 AddFilesThread Thread terminated

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@tstwitter
I had a look at that file and the partition table is invalid.

I've added the error checks in the relevant places in the code and enforced a limit on the number of partitions, to save encountering the error in the first place.

The first partition table entry can only have 4 partitions anyway, but I've limited the others to 64. Since no-one really uses multi-boot discs or whatever, it's highly unlikely to encounter a valid disc with more than 64.

I'll email an exe to test later today(GMT).

BTW, with this file, Wii Scrubber get's caught in an almost infinite loop, constantly showing an error dialog and wit outputs that thousands of partitions are invalid, so the file is definitely crap..

@Squall Leonhart
Sorry, I missed your message. Glad you found the solution anyway. :)

Clouseau

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i encountered a conversion problem (unable to convert rar/iso to wbfs / Error Code: 1784 / The supplied user buffer is not valid for the requested operation) with following games:

Xenoblade Chronicles
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Star Wars - The Force Unleashed
Puzzle Quest
NiGHTS - Journey of Dreams
Metroid - Other M
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Little King's Story
James Bond 007 - Golden Eye
Dead Space Extraction

converting to .ciso works and the unpacked .iso returns a positive result when verifying the SHA-1 hash.

any ideas/solutions besides reripping?

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Email me the full log showing the error with at least one of these games (The more the better). The log will let me see a lot of info without the guess work and having to ask loads of questions. [email protected] If you have an MAPI compatible email client installed, you can use Help->Feedback menu to quickly send the current log.

I'll let you know more once I see the log.

Cheers.

BTW, you can send me as many individual logs as you want. The same goes to anyone that has a problem. I don't mind getting them because it helps me a lot to make WBM as stable as possible.

Clouseau

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Email me the full log showing the error with at least one of these games (The more the better). The log will let me see a lot of info without the guess work and having to ask loads of questions. [email protected] If you have an MAPI compatible email client installed, you can use Help->Feedback menu to quickly send the current log.

I'll let you know more once I see the log.

Cheers.

BTW, you can send me as many individual logs as you want. The same goes to anyone that has a problem. I don't mind getting them because it helps me a lot to make WBM as stable as possible.

log file sent.

edit: i accidentally sent the wrong stuff and will have to recreate the error tomorrow and then send the correct log.

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i encountered a conversion problem (unable to convert rar/iso to wbfs / Error Code: 1784 / The supplied user buffer is not valid for the requested operation) with following games:

Xenoblade Chronicles
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Star Wars - The Force Unleashed
Puzzle Quest
NiGHTS - Journey of Dreams
Metroid - Other M
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Little King's Story
James Bond 007 - Golden Eye
Dead Space Extraction

converting to .ciso works and the unpacked .iso returns a positive result when verifying the SHA-1 hash.

any ideas/solutions besides reripping?
Are you using the 64-bit version? I was having the same problem, but then tried the 32-bit version and it worked

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
That does sound like the most likely cause, but I wanted to make sure by viewing the log because the error code is slightly different from the one I saw.

I think I'll just upload another release with the recent fixes before I finish the new features, to save more confusion. A lot of people don't realise that I've already fixed the split file bug that was found in the x64 version here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hopefully your not like south of Tampa they got flooding