Hacking Wii backup loader......looks real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
darkhawk said:
Hype wont fade especialy for those who are eager to play some free games and for those who say they are using it for "back-ups" your not fooling anyone. If you cant wait for it then get a modchip
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I suppose...
I was mostly saying to get waninkoko to think/reply to it.
I'm espicially someone who wouldnt lose hype!
I've been looking on here everyday!
I dont think hype is the right word really, I dont know, maybe reasonable thoughts of the backup loader's release date fades?
Sorry, cant really think of the word.
I really want it to be out.
I want to play star wars...
unsure.gif

truballr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Waninkoko quit this project, or he told the testers to lay low. Last time Linkinworm commented on any web was like two days ago

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is kinda off topic agian, but related...

I have some backups, and they are already burnt... I've tried caitsiths wifi/sd/usb backup mod, but since my Wii isn't chipped, it can't read the disc to re-backup the burnt disc...

Is there a way to backup a burnt disc without having a modchip? these are 1:1 backups, mostly from my own collection...

HaloBenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wanikoko has said that the chances of this getting a release in september are very small so dont get your hopes up.

zidane_genome

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
when/where was that said?

and who said about the 2 week thing?

as far as the internet is concerned, I will only take the word of someone if I can hear/see them say it personally, not 7th hand...

can you post a link to where Waninkoko said a September release was not likely?

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Richy Freeway said:
I'm pretty sure you can just dump them with your PC's DVD Rom drive and IMGBurn.
Totally true! I did it lots of times in the last weeks, because a friend of mine has also bought a Wii with a modchip so he wants all the games I have too. I even did it on my Acer Aspire laptop....no problem whatsoever.

HaloBenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wanikoko said to me over msn "Probably not" when asked if a september release was possible, I then went to ask if it will be getting a public release and responded "It will be getting a public release".

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*asks zidane_genome for a Wii softmod*

Oh whatcha going to do now? Huh?

I would take that out of your avatar before you sound like a noob for saying this was an impossible project. Which you really did think...I've seen your posts on some forums literally yelling at poor people saying "A WII BACKUP LOADER IS NOT POSSIBLE!!! GTFO"

Anyways...

Is it me, or does it seem like these 2-3 weeks are going uber slow o.o;

HaloBenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Brian117 said:
*asks zidane_genome for a Wii softmod*

Oh whatcha going to do now? Huh?

I would take that out of your avatar before you sound like a noob for saying this was an impossible project. Which you really did think...I've seen your posts on some forums literally yelling at poor people saying "A WII BACKUP LOADER IS NOT POSSIBLE!!! GTFO"

Anyways...

Is it me, or does it seem like these 2-3 weeks are going uber slow o.o;
Just to make this go slower, it's not going to be out in less than 3 weeks from now
tongue.gif

pebls123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if i was getting games for this i shouldn't get scrubbed or regionfrii releases or does that not matter?

zidane_genome

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Still... nothing concrete about any timing?

Hell, even i can say I talked to Waninkoko on MSN... he told me it'll be released tomorrow...

see... does that make it credible? No...

Seeing your sign-up date, and post count, let me help you out some here... You need to have some proof, or everyone on this board will call you a liar, and want to rape your mom for lying to them. Unlike the US Justice system, on GBATemp, your a lying bastard until you prove your not.

As for my yelling at people that a WiiSoftmod will never exist, I think you might wanna go re-read those posts... Every time I posted about a wii softmod, I've said it's not possible YET. Since every system out there (since the PSx) has been softmodded, it was only a matter of time till the Wii was on that list.

I hate to be a complete dick on this thread, but as you can tell, sometimes it nessicary, and sometimes it's not... I have complete faith that Waninkoko will release this soon, and it will be everything we've hoped for. But I'd rather it be delayed than get it, and brick 99.9% of the systems out there due to a misplaced code.

That being said, I won't be installing this until a week after it's released anyway. I've never done Starfall, cIOS downgrader, or anything other than WADs... and I bless Waninkoko every day for programming a WAD un/installer!

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
Marcan, who is always worth reading, has a view on the loader:

http://www.engadget.com/2008/09/15/wii-bac...ideo/2#comments

QUOTE said:
Waninkoko didn't even do this for himself, at least not entirely. He used to claim that he wasn't interested in writing this. The reason he changed his mind is because he used to work for a certain modchip team, for a short while. They're shady, and haven't been paying him (not the first time they do this - I've known others who have had problems with them), so now he decided to stick it to them by writing this and trying to cut their sales. Almost a noble cause, except we did warn him about these idiots and he chose to ignore us.

zidane_genome

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I can't trust Marcan or Bushing... they've both lied about Waninkoko's work before... and if your wondering what, the Region Changer and Downgrader... they both said it'll 100% brick your system, yet there are hundreds who've downgraded/region changed, and are still playing away...

Framework43

I'm International
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
Sorry, I can't trust Marcan or Bushing... they've both lied about Waninkoko's work before... and if your wondering what, the Region Changer and Downgrader... they both said it'll 100% brick your system, yet there are hundreds who've downgraded/region changed, and are still playing away...

if it werent for them, some of waninkoko's apps wouldn't even exsist.But, i hope beta 9 of the hbc doesnt block this loader
ohmy.gif

Arceles

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Marcan and Bushing seems to be quite bit upset about this... but I think the way they act toward this isn't exactly the correct one... hell, just seeing marcan posting and posting the same stuff in many forums (and languages) makes me think that they just like to flame all the people who don't share their ideas.

Edit: If Hbc beta 9 blocks that stuff... we need another loader (Ha... just imagine it... who now is playing the role of blocking the homebrew???)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: And is incredibly annoying.