Hacking Wii backup loader......looks real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oligore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
This topic is enormous for something without a download to go with it, there can't 50 pages worth of info on it to discuss.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Vegeta said:
So you can use Twilight hack on Wii firmware v3.0 or below but what if the firmware version is higher. What then?

Sorry for the silly question but I'm a noob at this Wii stuff and don't want to end up buying a Wii only to find I can't softmod it.

Thanks.

The twilight hack works on all current firmwares, including the latest, 3.3

Retal

Trophies
XP
Country
oligore said:
This topic is enormous for something without a download to go with it, there can't 50 pages worth of info on it to discuss.
There isn't. Each page is the same, so you only have to pick one at random and read that. Here's an example of a typical discussion page.
[*]OMG RLZ PLZ I CANNUT WAITS ANY MOAR[*]zOMG SHUT HE WILL RLZ WEN REDY IT WILL BRICK UR WII[*]LOL I DUNT CARE AT LEST I CAN STIL PLAY WII CHESS[*]LOLWUT GIEF ME UR WII THEN IF U DONT CARE ABOWT IT LOL[*]HEI GAIS! LETZ MAEK A LIST OF ALL THE GAEMS WE GONNA PIRATE WEN IT CUMS OUT!!![*][*]PROFIT.

siggy2guitar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retal said:
oligore said:
There isn't. Each page is the same, so you only have to pick one at random and read that. Here's an example of a typical discussion page.[*]OMG RLZ PLZ I CANNUT WAITS ANY MOAR[*]zOMG SHUT HE WILL RLZ WEN REDY IT WILL BRICK UR WII[*]LOL I DUNT CARE AT LEST I CAN STIL PLAY WII CHESS[*]LOLWUT GIEF ME UR WII THEN IF U DONT CARE ABOWT IT LOL[*]HEI GAIS! LETZ MAEK A LIST OF ALL THE GAEMS WE GONNA PIRATE WEN IT CUMS OUT!!![*][*]PROFIT.

haha i dont think he shoulda even released a video yet cause we all knew this was gonna happen.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you are saying the game is loading slow.

Is that because the Wii drive can't read the new format very well yet, or is that the new cIOS in background decrypting the new format in real time all over the playing time due to processor resource ?
The iso loader act as a new layer between the Wii and the DVD all the time or just at booting time ?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I guess the reading speed when using the DI layer is limited, and, logically, this is used for ALL dvd access, not only boot time since common DVD functions (DI_OpenPartition, DI_ReadDVDUnencrypted,...) aren't working without a modchip

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vegeta said:
So you can use Twilight hack on Wii firmware v3.0 or below but what if the firmware version is higher. What then?

Sorry for the silly question but I'm a noob at this Wii stuff and don't want to end up buying a Wii only to find I can't softmod it.

Thanks.
Just update to and stick with firmware 3.2.
Can you even do an upgrade to 3.2 without having to go to 3.3. and downgrade?

VascoAlmeida

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
zidane_genome said:
playallday said:
No I do think its real.

Yes but I still think he needs to release it.. Just to tell people its real and works. I don't care if it bricks 99% of Wii's as long as I see it does work on some!

Bottom Line: He needs to release what he has so people know it isn't a fake.

If someone wants to think it's fake, let them... you already stated that you think it's real... If you don't care if it bricks 99% of the Wii's, then go buy 3 or 4, then just toss them in a lake... it'll be the same!

And while your at it, toss yourself in the same lake...

LET WANINKOKO DO HIS WORK! STOP DEMANDING HIS APPLOADER! YOU WANT ONE SO BAD, GO CODE ONE YOURSELF!

This is getting to the point where even some of the long time pirates are shaking their heads in shame...

I didn't state i thought it wasn't fake. I KNOW it's not fake cause i am a tester for Waninkoko Homebrews.. very different
tongue.gif

blazingwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just some details I got from brakken:

1. The ISOs go through 1 patching program, thats it.

2. The ISO patching, while varying per system, takes around 5 minutes, it took him 5 minutes to convert TP into a readable format for the loader.

3. The patcher also shrinks the size of the ISO. Its unknown what is actually stripped from the ISO but it is indeed smaller.

P.S. You can stop trying to hack his system, the files have been deleted from his computer now. Good job.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
blazingwolf said:
Just some details I got from brakken:

1. The ISOs go through 1 patching program, thats it.

2. The ISO patching, while varying per system, takes around 5 minutes, it took him 5 minutes to convert TP into a readable format for the loader.

3. The patcher also shrinks the size of the ISO. Its unknown what is actually stripped from the ISO but it is indeed smaller.

P.S. You can stop trying to hack his system, the files have been deleted from his computer now. Good job.
Thanks for the info
smile.gif
5 minutes is kinda long though... not that I mind, but I had expect it to be less.

Btw, did someone try to hack his computer?
rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...