Hacking Wii backup loader......looks real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thinking maybe this thread should be locked until waninkoko actually makes an official release?

Framework43

I'm International
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.. i dunno, i think it should stay -.-
Some people need to release their feelings about things,
but its seems everyone has forgotten about #gbatempwii @ rizon.net

Praetor192

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Miles said:
Thinking maybe this thread should be locked until waninkoko actually makes an official release?
I disagree. However, I do hope that mods go through and purge the spam, and maybe temporarily block of some of the off-topic users from posting for a bit.

Framework43

I'm International
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I disagree. However, I do hope that mods go through and purge the spam, and maybe temporarily block of some of the off-topic users from posting for a bit.

I wouldnt worry about it, this thread has to die at some point.Or maybe a new thread should be made by a mod, and if any spam or off-topic things are said there the mod can erase the post.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Topic re-opened. I'm sure I'll regret this.

DO NOT POST IRRELEVANT IMAGES. THIS IS NOT THE TESTING AREA.

DO NOT POST SEMI-NUDE IMAGES. THAT'S JUST PLAIN NOT ALLOWED.

DO NOT RUN OFF-TOPIC ABOUT THE COLOR OF THE SKY.

DO NOT BICKER WITH OTHER USERS. FOR FURTHER EXPLANATION, PLEASE WATCH BAMBI, THUMPER IS WISE.

I'm sad I even have to post this.

Vegeta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Two important questions:

Will the patcher modify games so much that they won't work on a modded Wii?

Can it run GC games with GCOS?

Sorry if my questions come off as strange. Just read all 49 pages while drinking coffee in the middle of the night
grog.gif

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vegeta said:
Two important questions:

Will the patcher modify games so much that they won't work on a modded Wii?

Can it run GC games with GCOS?

Sorry if my questions come off as strange. Just read all 49 pages while drinking coffee in the middle of the night
grog.gif
These questions were already anwsered.

1) Yes. If you burn the patched ISO for this you will not be able to play it on a modded Wii unless you install the ISO loader on it.
2) No you can't play Gamecube back ups using this.
To do that you need to buy an SD Gecko or USB Gecko, and install the Gamecube Homebrew loader into your Wii.
Get a program like SD Launch or SD Loader, apparently GCOS doesn't load the games up when working on the Wii.

wiimodder69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is this the same as an SD Gecko?
QUOTE said:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3993

Also, can you give me a link for SD Launch, I can't find it.

Thanks.

QUOTEDO NOT POST IRRELEVANT IMAGES. THIS IS NOT THE TESTING AREA.

DO NOT POST SEMI-NUDE IMAGES. THAT'S JUST PLAIN NOT ALLOWED.

DO NOT RUN OFF-TOPIC ABOUT THE COLOR OF THE SKY.

DO NOT BICKER WITH OTHER USERS. FOR FURTHER EXPLANATION, PLEASE WATCH BAMBI, THUMPER IS WISE.

I'm sad I even have to post this.

man, guys two threads up.... Common

Christen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm just damn curious about how the patching process works, I wish someone would release a video so we aren't left in the dark.

I mean, can it differentiate from an ISO ripped from Waninkoko's app and one that has been say, downloaded from the Internet? I'm just not sure how exactly that works, and would really like to know.

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
What people said before was a good idea.
If we get the beta version, we have wiichess, zelda and Mario Galaxy to play with for sure and others that might work, but havent been tested.
That would make the wait a lot easier.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With all the flak Waninkoko has been getting from the whole Bushing drama, I'm sure the last thing he wants is for the app to be leaked before it's finished and end up bricking people's Wiis.
Because you know there will be a few idiots who start complaing that wani can't make a good app because an unfinished beta version got leaked and bricked their Wii.

Vegeta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So you can use Twilight hack on Wii firmware v3.0 or below but what if the firmware version is higher. What then?

Sorry for the silly question but I'm a noob at this Wii stuff and don't want to end up buying a Wii only to find I can't softmod it.

Thanks.

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
people understand he has not released it yet because he wants to make sure it don't brick your wii how hard is that to understand . also when its released it will be a beta learn what that means please people

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Vegeta said:
So you can use Twilight hack on Wii firmware v3.0 or below but what if the firmware version is higher. What then?

Sorry for the silly question but I'm a noob at this Wii stuff.

Thanks.

You can use the twilight hack on 3.3, and since there isnt any updates after that yet, I dont know if it doesnt work on 3.4 for example.

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
skedone said:
people understand he has not released it yet because he wants to make sure it don't brick your wii how hard is that to understand . also when its released it will be a beta learn what that means please people

I know yeah, but the beta testers have tested those versions already and their wii's arent bricked (I think).
I wasnt talking about the full version, I want that to be perfect, I'm just saying we could use the beta version while we wait, still just a thought, I dont know if it is capable of bricking wiis, so if it is, the wait will continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: We all knew once Panda joined chat, after the response OMG, she/they be back everyday, much...