Hacking Wii backup loader......looks real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still wondering how much patching is actually done.
I'm wondering if it'll be like ESR where the patching takes a fraction of a second or if it'll have to rebuild the entire image.

So far I'm leaning towards the long patching process as one of the beta testers said it is converted into another file type.

atomikramp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
i'm just sitting still and wait for it...

and btw.. if anyone is trying to sneak a leaked version of this package, be aware, couse stupid kiddies are just around the corner waiting for some n00b to fool somehow.

for big stuff like this i'm sure that many fakes will be released, so i would be careful about it.

i don't think i'm going to download anything if it's not expressivelly declared to be the real file by the author.

i also hope that the autor will take care of applying a verifying hash for it. oh.. and use sha1 or multiple hashes, coz md5 can be collided easly ^^

hippyharry

Trophies
XP
Country
well, if thats the case, start expecting to scene some releases online with it already prepatched.

Just like real scene releases, there was the scrubbed ones as well.

would be something along the lines of

Pimp.My.Ride.PAL.KOKO.WII-ANYGRP

change it as you would....

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
atomikramp said:

and btw.. if anyone is trying to sneak a leaked version of this package, be aware, couse stupid kiddies are just around the corner waiting for some n00b to fool somehow.

for big stuff like this i'm sure that many fakes will be released, so i would be careful about it.

i don't think i'm going to download anything if it's not expressivelly declared to be the real file by the author.

i also hope that the autor will take care of applying a verifying hash for it. oh.. and use sha1 or multiple hashes, coz md5 can be collided easly ^^

Ha.
Me too!
I've got nothing else to do, and I'm too excited to do anything else.
I might get a drink and a snack in a minute.

blazingwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
atomikramp said:

No one is going to go through all that effort.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blazingwolf said:
You'd be suprised at how much effort people put into bricking or tricking someone.
Have you even been rick rolled on your DS while trying to play a DS ROM that just got released?
I have.
Twice.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Stalkid64 said:
You'd be surprised how interested Nintendo is in this. All about talking to the right person. Ahem.
I'm just curious,
Do you have any words from Nintendo about this ?
Does Nintendo inform other licensed companies about scene advancement ?
(I don't know which company you are from, but I'm pretty sure it's not Nintendo itself)

Maybe you're not allowed to answer, and I will understand.

MiloFoxburr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cyan said:
Stalkid64 said:
You'd be surprised how interested Nintendo is in this. All about talking to the right person. Ahem.
I'm just curious,
(I don't know which company you are from, but I'm pretty sure it's not Nintendo itself)

um stalkid64 works for a game company? Pretty sure is just a #wiidev'er

blazingwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Miles said:
blazingwolf said:
You'd be suprised at how much effort people put into bricking or tricking someone.
Have you even been rick rolled on your DS while trying to play a DS ROM that just got released?
I have.
Twice.

You get your DS backups form all the wrong places. Never happened to me.

You'll know when its out when its on waninkoko's front page.

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
Stalkid64 said:
I'm just curious,

Based on Stalkid's past here ... his comment is BS.

I am sure someone from Nintendo is following this thread, and all the others, right now. I'm sure other game developers are too. Yes they are interested, very interested indeed. No doubt in my mind they are not oblivious to the so called scene and have people following developments. How do I know? Create a game system, DRM, whatever ... find out it's about to get cracked and see how much interest you'd have. But the "ahem" is BS. I wouldn't believe his hype if my life depended on it.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blazingwolf said:
You get your DS backups form all the wrong places. Never happened to me.

You'll know when its out when its on waninkoko's front page.
4chan generally isn't a good source for much of anything.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
ads1212 said:
Yep, pretty funny that a good thing for tehskeen has brought them down, but use http://www.consolespot.net/forums/wii-news...r-official.html as this site is growing and I work hard to keep us up to date. And linkinworm, don't forget I got the video up before brakken. We were very lucky to test.

PS, dont get me wrong blazingwolf. Tehskeen is good, but they always get the exclusives. Its good for someone else to have them for a change.
Come on, stop the spamming
hate2.gif

ads1212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh well. Its enivitable that all the big sites will start to use there own video's as they will want to make it look like they are the official ones.

Framework43

I'm International
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, ILL just wait and see what happens to this
tongue.gif

Hopefully waninkoko will do an impressive job on this
Im surprised bushing and co havent said anything yet, usually he will say this is
dangerous/fake/possible
I hope he says something about it, it is better to know that it is possible from him
once he said the epichack5thingymajig was fake, everyone knew it was

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
agreed... Stalkid64 is full of hot air.... and 99% of that hot air is from Bushings ass (seeing how Stalkid64 has his head stuffed so far up there kissing every last inch of his colon).

If Stalkid64 claims to be talking to Nintendo, all he did was call the 1-800 line and repeat the same thing as he always does... "OMGZZZ!!11oneONE Waninkoko IZ GONNA RELEAZE THIZ NEWZ ISO LOADER THAT BUSHING MADE!!!ONEone11 STOPZ HIMZ!!oneONE1one"

Sorry, didn't mean to flame that much, but this guy is a real POS. My cat's shit is worth more than anything he says.

blazingwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Framework43 said:
Meh, ILL just wait and see what happens to this
tongue.gif

Hopefully waninkoko will do an impressive job on this
Im surprised bushing and co havent said anything yet, usually he will say this is
dangerous/fake/possible
I hope he says something about it, it is better to know that it is possible from him
once he said the epichack5thingymajig was fake, everyone knew it was

We've all agreed its not fake at all.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow... you really want Bushing to confirm this... as confirmed by 4 posts!

Bushing is staying away from Waninkoko's work because of the last thing (cIOS) that got Bushings panties in a twist... They aren't on speaking terms. Even if Waninkoko would give Bushing a copy of it, Bushing would probably say it's fake and will brick your system, and then call the FBI to raid your house and rape your grandmom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with... +2