Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I found interesting quote by Slowking in this thread:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112115&st=0

Slowking said:
IOS16 is the only IOS nintendo didn't update or release with the 3.3(2) update, probably because it was never released with any game or any online update. It can only be found on a repair disc that theoretically only nintendo has (it was dubbed "gay fish" by the first people that got their hand on it, because there are two pink kissing fish on it). I say theoretically, because there is a dump on the net. If your were to insert that disc into a chipped Wii you would get IOS16 installed, which still has the trucha bug. That would be your way in.
I don't believe there is a way to install anything if not even one IOS on your Wii has the signing bug, unless you use twiizers workaround, that they don't release (and with good cause) at the moment. Worst case scenario you will have to wait till bootmii comes out.
It could be that you can install original IOS-versions if there isn't a newer version on your Wii. e.g. look for IOS16 on the web and try it with wad-manager and see what happens. I'm really not sure if this would work...
In any case if you have the Nintendo repair disc and a modchip it will install IOS16, which has the signing bug, on your Wii. So that would be a way in...

Is it technically possible to do that?

knowitall599

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to figure this thing out for a couple of days now. I do not think it is possible with the current WAD Manager by Waninkoko. Maybe, I'll post some questions if I find the part of the code to change. That way I might be able to come up with a new version of WAD Manager.

Posts merged

And, yes, I have the pink fish disk on my computer and have IOS16 installed on my Wii.

StoneRoses

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Thank you knowitall599.

If you or someone come up with the solution (a modified wad manager that use signing bug in IOS16) , a lot of people will be very happy.

alpha0000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Maybe it's useful for current 3.3. But nintendo can release 3.3 update again to fix IOS16 a few days after. This method is too easy to fix and can help a few people only.

toastert2003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey "knowitall" how's your new improved Wii web browser coming along?
nyanya.gif

alpha, ninty specializes in 2-3 month "improvement updates" look at the last ones, june-october, and while not totally, it has been worked around for the people that were smart enough to not update.

knowitall599

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody know what this means so I can compile and test my version of WAD Manager.

C:\Users\Blaine\Downloads\WAD-Manager_v1.3_src\wad-manager>make
Makefile:13: /opt/devkitPPC/wii_rules: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `/opt/devkitPPC/wii_rules'. Stop.

More specifically, what is the opt directory doing int the makefile? I do not even know what opt stands for let alone it's purpose in a make file that is otherwise perfect.

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
knowitall599 said:
Anybody know what this means so I can compile and test my version of WAD Manager.

More specifically, what is the opt directory doing int the makefile? I do not even know what opt stands for let alone it's purpose in a make file that is otherwise perfect.

create an opt directory and then a devkitPPC directory and copy/paste the wii_rules file in there.
or edit the makefile and get rid of the opt. *if opt is listed many times, might be easier to just copy/paste the file/s needed.

see what happens.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
knowitall599 said:

change the path in the makefile according to your installation of your devkitpro... it seems the above makefile assumes devkitpro is installed right in /opt folder...

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
alpha0000 said:
Maybe it's useful for current 3.3. But nintendo can release 3.3 update again to fix IOS16 a few days after. This method is too easy to fix and can help a few people only.
Well Nintendo takes usually about 3 months to roll out updates. At this time Bootmii will be long since out and there'll be no need to have vulnerable IOS-versions anymore...

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Also aint the IOS region free? So even that disc is a USA it should be able to just extract the IOS and put on a PAL wii?

Simo75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
waninkoko said:
Simo75 said:
waninkoko said:
IOS16 works.
And IOS254 (PatchMii_core) ?
smile.gif

Too.
But there is no version of Wad Manager (and cIOS installer) compiled to use IOS254, right ?
Sigh..soob..sniff..
For the Wii with last Nintendo firmware and NO cIOS installed..a selection of IOS default (store in a configuration file in the SD root) during the start would be great!!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    +1
    Was just one single custom packet. I miss when Internet security was an afterthought lol almost all modems and network hardware operated in promiscuous mode.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Was just one single custom packet. I miss when Internet security was an afterthought lol almost...