Hacking Wii Backup Disc (Pink Fish Disc) IOS16 that has Trucha bug

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well in this case your only chance is to ask waninkoko or wiigator if one of them is willing to make an installer that uses IOS16...

Artik_esp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
waninkoko said:
I'll never create an app that uses IOS16. IOS16 only can be retrieved from Wii Backup Disc == illegal

Doing well
wink.gif

StoneRoses

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Peace guys,

I would like to thanks you guys that help rescued my Wii.

waninkoko for WAD Manager, Davi92 for modified WAD Manager and Slowking for hint on IOS16.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
waninkoko said:
Maybe someday I'll include support for PatchMii.
someday is better than never
smile.gif

QUOTE(AirKing @ Oct 28 2008, 11:32 AM) Hey, wad mananger work right?

anyone try install IOS11 to IOS30 using IOS from game discs...
after this... anytitledeteler works fine...

then... remove ios51

works?
no way to test now...
yes, i did this lastnight because i used the cIOS downgrader which connects to "N's" servers and updates IOS30(patched)

just follow the instructions, but yes it works

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
BL4Z3D247 said:
Slowking said:
Isn't there a wad-version of the CIOS?
i don't think so, but you can inject it into a wad using AutoInjectuwad Injector v3
Careful not to mislead people.
AutoInjectuwad Injector is intended to be used for channels.
IOS's (and cIOS's) are different to channels. They are both titles but have completely different uses.

there are wad versions of some CIOS's floating around.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OSW said:
BL4Z3D247 said:
Slowking said:
Isn't there a wad-version of the CIOS?
i don't think so, but you can inject it into a wad using AutoInjectuwad Injector v3
Careful not to mislead people.
AutoInjectuwad Injector is intended to be used for channels.
IOS's (and cIOS's) are different to channels. They are both titles but have completely different uses.

there are wad versions of some CIOS's floating around.
then i guess i'll get to eating my words... sorry, i misunderstood the concept, hope i didn't cause anyone grief
unsure.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
It's ok
wink.gif
it wasn't really harmful, i think i was a bit harsh. I'll explain things as i understand them anyway in case u like the details.

The cIOS installer installs cIOS as a title on the wii nand (IOS249). if you dump this title it will be in .wad format and installable with wad manager.

Basically asking for a wad in this context is just to allow for a different install method

AutoInjectuwad has plenty of good uses.

It's not dangerous or anything, just if u injected the cIOS installer Dol into a wad that would make the process alot longer than the normal 2 methods.

something like this:
1. inject dol into wad
2. install wad with wadmanager
3. boot channel, which runs the installer

compared to
1.run installer dol
or
1. install dumped wad.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OSW said:
It's ok
wink.gif
it wasn't really harmful, i think i was a bit harsh. I'll explain things as i understand them anyway in case u like the details.

The cIOS installer installs cIOS as a title on the wii nand (IOS249). if you dump this title it will be in .wad format and installable with wad manager.

Basically asking for a wad in this context is just to allow for a different install method

AutoInjectuwad has plenty of good uses.

It's not dangerous or anything, just if u injected the cIOS installer Dol into a wad that would make the process alot longer than the normal 2 methods.

something like this:
1. inject dol intowad
2. install wad with wadmanager
3. boot channel, which runs the installer

compared to
1.run dol
or
1. install dumped wad.
no, you weren't harsh at all
smile.gif

oh ok i gotcha, i know using autoinjectuwad has a few more steps but wouldn't you be able to just boot the cIOS installer right from the wii menu instead of going through the HBC every time(that is if you use it a lot for testing methods like the IOS16 fix lets say)... but you are right if your using it once then using autoinjectuwad is pointless

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah sure it could have a legitimately useful purpose if you were using the installer a lot/multiple times.

i just couldn't imagine anyone in that situation lol. CIOS its usually a once off install, excluding new/updated CIOs', but those new ones would require a new installer too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...