Wii and external Hard Drives

MeXen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Got myself a blue 1GB Toshiba drive and backed all my data from my USB into it, but my wii doesnt read it, and i already format it to FAT 32.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
("the Wii" does not support USB drives, individual titles do at their arbitrary standards, so the by far most common denominator is...)

is it MBR partitioned, with a single type C (FAT32 in LBA mode) partition?

MeXen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
("the Wii" does not support USB drives, individual titles do at their arbitrary standards, so the by far most common denominator is...)

is it MBR partitioned, with a single type C (FAT32 in LBA mode) partition?

What? i could load stuff from the Toshiba hard drives before, and yes, is a single partition.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What? i could load stuff from the Toshiba hard drives before, and yes, is a single partition.
In the MBR system (have you confirmed it's MBR and not GPT or whatever?) partitions have type codes, while they are absolute chaos for historical reasons (and many thing will partially ignore them for the same reason), a "large" FAT32 partition should be type C

https://thestarman.pcministry.com/asm/mbr/PartTypes.htm

Example (lol it's wrong, type B when it should be C since it's over the 8.something GB limit of CHS addressing, but as said most PC operating systems nowadays are sloppy):
1696325092451.png

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just to clear a few things up - Stated that you're using a Toshiba HDD. You stated 1gb, but I think you meant 1tb.

Do have a google as to how Wii file & folder structures meant to be. Provide what you used.
Provide info on what loader/s you're using (USBL GX etc.). Eg. Certain ticks need to be activated within loaders.

Get a bit more in-depth with your methods. Help us to help you :)

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Got myself a blue 1GB Toshiba drive and backed all my data from my USB into it, but my wii doesnt read it, and i already format it to FAT 32.
Good morning,

did you use "wii backup manager" to transfer your games to the hard drive?

maybe you need a Y cable for better connectivity with the hard drive??

MeXen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
OK it was morning, i meant to say 1TB, not GB, i derped out, also i havent tested Wii or GCN, but i got ps1 to work on Wiistation, is just that the cable wasnt being read properly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...