Hacking Wii and copy protected DVD movie

aabbccdd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I bought two Disney movies, and they don't work in my computer. The drive doesn't even begin to read them, just spins them around and stops. Windows tells me that there is no disc in drive.

I tried to play those movies through Wii, but they didn't work - I'm guessing because of the copy protection? Superdump didn't work either, error reading sector data.

Anything I could do with my Wii to get those to work, or do I really have to buy a DVD player? :|

aabbccdd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
My wii plays every other DVD movie just fine through MplayerCE, these two are the only ones giving me problems.

My PS2 has a broken drive, so that's not an option. They do work on a friends DVD player though, I just find it very weird that my computer isn't capable of reading them.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I mean, you could even first try to understand what you're doing...

1)Superdump is for Wii/GC-Games. NO Movies.
--> 1.1) Even IF it would work, you would also get an .iso file. What would you do with it? Think, please...

2) Have you installed MPlayer-CE and their cIOS?

3) Compability is VERY, VERY, VERY bad, don't expect that the DVDs will work on the Wii, I would even say forget the whole DVD-Movie/Wii-Thing!!!

@PC: Pretty Off-Topic, and the wrong section, but more Info? Which OS, etc? On Ubuntu, you need to install first an Package, so that it can read Copy-Protected DVDs, for example...

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
On your Wii you might need DVDx.

On your PC, get AnyDVD. This software should help you with troubling copy protections on DVDs.

aabbccdd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I was only using Superdump to check if the Wii is able to read the disk from beginning to the end, and it wasn't.

And it's not an operating system related fault on my computer, the drive doesn't even begin to read the disc. Not in Windows, not during POST, not during boot. So AnyDVD can't help me, because Windows doesn't even recognize the disc. Maybe I'll really have to buy a DVD player :/

e: And yes, I have tried both DVDX and the cios from Mplayer-CE. Again, every other DVD movie works fine, these two Disney titles don't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk