Hacking wii 90% bricked.. need help! :)

TheRanker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok.. so ... 4.2u.. LU64+... no bootmii as boot2.. only ios.. .. so as a precation... after thinking ill need a way to get my system back up and running, before i actually screw thigns up by trying things out... i decided to get preloader... couldnt get preloader .30 to work.. so i used .29 ... got it installed... then auto update came and said i should update to .30... so i tried.. but it just froze on downloading some log file... and woudlnt download... and eventually wii power was turned off... restart.. wihtout holding restart... preloader automaticlaly loaded up... tried system menu.. nope... system menu files are corrupted.. ios 70. .. so. . its bricked.. but still hope... followed steps.. wad manager... on root of sd.. and patched ios70 latest version on wad and systemmenu 4.2u from NUS on wad as well in wad folder.

got wad manager to run...
select a IOS as part of the wad manager.. and gets a code dump...
im stuck.. anyoen with advice is greatly appreicated.. and hpoefully promptly.... i got a final fantasy game to conquer. hahaha.

please help!
smile.gif
tks in advance

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If preloader still loads up have you tried booting the HBC from preloader?

If it works then run wad manager and reinstall the proper files.

TheRanker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
when trying to load HBC on the preloader.. it says its not installed..
error autobooting HBC maybe title not installed?
thats the error i get.

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Preloader doesn't say it's installed, because the new HBC has a titleID of JADE, whereas Preloader 0.29 and 0.30 ask for HAXX, not JADE...

If you are set up on a network, try using the cIOS rev15 installer by taking the boot.dol file, renaming it to cIOS15Install.dol and copy it to SD Root.

Load it with Preloader (go to load/install file, highlight the cIOS15Install.dol, and press '1') Install cIOS over network in IOS249 slot.

Then, try WAD Manager 1.4 by taking the boot.dol from it, and renaming it to WADMan14.dol, and copy it to SD Root.

Load it with Preloader.

Install wads that you tried to install earlier.

P.S. If you don't have network, download the new IOS38 from NUS and put it in SD Root, and install cIOS 15 with the "Wad Installation" option.

TheRanker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
total failure... got a white pixeled screen..
restarted wii... got system files are corrupted message

maybe have to re-install ios70 before system menu? thats what i read on other forums.. ?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
After you got the code dump with wad manager did you try to run it again?Sometimes it will work on the 2nd or 3rd attempt.

Also if wad manager 1.5 code dumps everytime then why not try wad manager 1.4

TheRanker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes.. ive tried it a few times.. and not able to get 2 other versoins past the load.. .. and one other past the ios selection menu.. tried 3-4 times each.
frown.gif

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here's a thought.

In the preloader settings what ios do you have it set to to run preloader from? It should be ios70

If its not set to that then make it set to that and then try your system menu again.If that doesn't work try setting it to 249 and see what happens.

TheRanker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
its set to ios 70 as it should be.. .was told not to chagne it.. as tahts teh system menu on the 4.2u system. .. so would rather leave it at that and keep trying things.. i found HBC.dol... so im going to try and run it there now.. see what happens.. more code dumps?? never know.

TheRanker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
found HBC.dol .. ran taht in the preloader... and got my homebrew channel up ...
now to try a few things and see what the hell is going on... stand by lol

TheRanker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
got ios70 bugged installed...
installing system menu.. error -1022..
wad manager.. 1.5.. using 249 ios..
and yes.. trucha bug is installed.. but i can do that all over again i guess? .

TheRanker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so.. as before... 1022 error when installing system menu...
i got cracked ios70... i got cios38r14... i got ios222.. all trucha bugged installe.d.. prior to bricking...
only thing i ran was homebrew from a .dol file... and wad manager 1.5.. which works perfectly... and ios70 installed..

im stuck here now as to try and get system menu back installed agian.. still in homebrew.. still able to use wad manager... think ill reinstall cios38.. and maybe re-do the TBR ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: @K3Nv2