Wii #2661 - Driver: San Francisco (Europe)

T

TheRealVisitor

davebaol said:
TheRealVisitor said:
I'm on FW 4.2 with all IOS/cIOS up-to-date and the game hangs with black screens after every mission/training mission. Tested with USB Loader GX (2.2) r1108 and CFG v70 using 249d2x6[56], 250d2x6[57], 248d2x6[37].
So there is maybe really a FW 4.3 check somewhere, that causes the black screen.

@davebaol: Are you on FW4.3 and have you tried with your latest d2x7alpha/beta or d2x6 only?
FW 4.2 with some IOSs from 4.3, like IOS58 and maybe some others.
And no, only tried with d2x v6.

If the sysmenu firmware is not the problem what else could it be? The NTFS HDD I'm using? Installed 249d2x6[56] and 247d2x6[37] with d2x cios installer 3.0, but the problem is still there. USB Loader GX r1108 isn't be the problem, is it?

I think I'll skip this and wait until there is a real fix maybe for CFG.

Now we can expect this kind of protection for other Ubisoft games this year, like Rayman Origins and Just Dance 3...

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm successfully using a wbfs hdd, not tested with the fat one.

EDIT:
Also IIRC gx is the only loader out there using the fraglist for wbfs partitions.

T

TheRealVisitor

OK. found solution (yes, I tried again)

Works fine

USB Loader GX 2.2 (final, r1100) + 249d2x6[56] + 002 fix (for game) + disabled "return to" feature (for game) + NTFS drive.

Doesn't work
Same config + latest GX build 1108 -> black screen crash

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
TheRealVisitor said:
OK. found solution (yes, I tried again)

Works fine

USB Loader GX 2.2 (final, r1100) + 249d2x6[56] + 002 fix (for game) + disabled "return to" feature (for game) + NTFS drive.

Doesn't work
Same config + latest GX build 1108 -> black screen crash
Good finding!
Please test the releases after r1100 in order to find the 1st one going to black screen.
wink2.gif

EDIT:
Oh forgot to say that return to channel enabled works great.
And you can leave the default value for 002 fix.

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
COOL confirmed working on GX r1100 (was using r1108)

and btw its working with global option and return to GX too, no need to change anything...
biggrin.gif

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think there's something more to it.
When returning to title sceen from the game using USBL GX the game hung.
After that it was'nt playable anymore on any USB loader. ( freezes usb loader. )

Hash check says the image is still fine ( using wiibackupmanager ).
Are some files chnged on the HDD ( can it really?, I have no cleu what this is.... )
Could the image get corrupted with a protection from Ubisoft?

Edit: Defragmenting drive fixed it. Strange.....

BTW, I'm acctually enjoying this game.... Looks good ( but bit blurry ) car chases are fun!

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
davebaol said:
I'm successfully using a wbfs hdd, not tested with the fat one.

EDIT:
Also IIRC gx is the only loader out there using the fraglist for wbfs partitions.

QUOTE(Hielkenator @ Sep 2 2011, 04:52 AM) Edit: Defragmenting drive fixed it. Strange.....

Wiiflow also uses frag for wbfs, since rev396 in dev.

I looked at the code changes between gx 1107 and 1108 and it seems the problem is most likely with the codehandler or some patches somehow. Most likely one of the patches needs disabled for this game.

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
harroxelas said:
Anyone managed to get this one to work on cfg? Tried some different settings but nothing...
Give dimok the time to fix the issue then all the other usb loader will be updated.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using GX r1107 I'm getting a black screen about 2 hours in, after trying to get out of a car.

Andre4yo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Black screen after a mission..Configurable USB loader latest version...IOS 249 base 56 d2x v6 (r21006) and ios 240 base 57 d2x v6 (r21006)...

saaya2020

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
gbasource said:
There has been a fix. You need to install ciosrev20b or the d2z v6 cios under ios 249 with ios 56 as base. You then run the game under ios249 with usbloadergx version 2.2. I have tested this fix myself and it works perfectly without no black screens after any of the missions.

For everyones convenience, all the required things are here with an included instructions file: http://www.mediafire.com/?zvdx651wf11fbgv

I installed the link and i have hit an issue (ciosrev20b under ios 249 with ios 56 base). All game channels on my wii that reference the usb hard drive no longer work. E.g grand slam tennis, nfs nitro, ben 10. When i click the channel, the initial wad starts up but when clicking "start", i get an error against a black screen "unable to load game press home to exit".

The games can still be played through wii flow i notice. This is the only way to play the games. USB loader gx does not detect the hard drive from the channel. It does start up when going through Homebrew channel.

How can i get these wads to work again? Grateful for any help!

T

TheRealVisitor

saaya2020 said:
gbasource said:
There has been a fix. You need to install ciosrev20b or the d2z v6 cios under ios 249 with ios 56 as base. You then run the game under ios249 with usbloadergx version 2.2. I have tested this fix myself and it works perfectly without no black screens after any of the missions.

For everyones convenience, all the required things are here with an included instructions file: http://www.mediafire.com/?zvdx651wf11fbgv

I installed the link and i have hit an issue (ciosrev20b under ios 249 with ios 56 base). All game channels on my wii that reference the usb hard drive no longer work. E.g grand slam tennis, nfs nitro, ben 10. When i click the channel, the initial wad starts up but when clicking "start", i get an error against a black screen "unable to load game press home to exit".

The games can still be played through wii flow i notice. This is the only way to play the games. USB loader gx does not detect the hard drive from the channel. It does start up when going through Homebrew channel.

How can i get these wads to work again? Grateful for any help!

Sorry, but how can you mess up your Wii just for one game by installing an old cIOS? It has been confirmed many times now, that the Driver issue is not linked to the cIOS but to the loader. I suggest you to install 249d2x6[56] for all your hardware and games to work correctly again. Use USB Loader GX 2.2 final, up to 1107 or latest beta r1111. This game won't work with other loaders atm.

Use ModMii to create the wad or d2x installer 3.0 and install d2x6 (21006) with base 56 into slot 249.

saaya2020

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
[/quote]

Sorry, but how can you mess up your Wii just for one game by installing an old cIOS? It has been confirmed many times now, that the Driver issue is not linked to the cIOS but to the loader. I suggest you to install 249d2x6[56] for all your hardware and games to work correctly again. Use USB Loader GX 2.2 final, up to 1107 or latest beta r1111. This game won't work with other loaders atm.

Use ModMii to create the wad or d2x installer 3.0 and install d2x6 (21006) with base 56 into slot 249.
[/quote]

Agreed. I'm totally depressed. What a plonker. Do i need to remove the CIORev20 before doing anything or will it get ovewritten if i just use the d2x-cios-installer recommended? This is how i installed it from the zip:

Select CIOSRev20 wad then click on it then install it.
exit to the wii menu and ciosrev20 channel should be there now.
Click on the ciosrev20b installer channel
Choose IOS249 as the IOS to use during installation, then press A.
Press A on the disclaimer screen.
Choose IOS56 v5918 as the base IOS version, then press A.
Choose IOS249 as the Custom IOS Installation slot, then press A.
Choose network installation, then press A.
It will all download then install.

Thanks for your support

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think