Wii #2354 - Epic Mickey (Europe)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Impressions so far:

Outright amazing. By far one of the best looking Wii games. I wouldn't say it's better than Super Mario Galaxy but that's also because this relies on a darker atmosphere than the super-bright colors of Mario Galaxy. It's a damn good platformer and the paint/thinner stuff adding a morality meter of sorts (yes, there's morality in a Mickey Mouse game) adds a level of depth that slapped me right in the face with awesome. Only real complaint is how fidgety the camera can be at times. But with C to center it, D-Pad to rotate, and holding C to lock on to baddies, it's not really that bad.

Awesome game, expect a review once I'm finished.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
how the fuck do you kill them robot pirates i swear their invincible. tried thinning them and attacking their backs, thinning painting their backs nothing they won't die!

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wow, played it a while now and I think it`s amazing. They don`t make these kind of games anymore...

I really like how the game feels linear but in the different areas there is so much to do, that you often feels lost in all the attractions, which is kind of strange. I think that is a great accomplishment, since it enhances the feeling of being lost in a world with forgotten things. Familiar, yet unknown...

The overall art is very good and the animations are one of the best I`ve seen in games yet.

The paint and thinner mechanic works great and I also like that it seems like the problem-solving is always a little easier with thinner but I`m more of the paint kinda guy (Jedi...
biggrin.gif
) so I constantly doing the hard work since I love the sound when you are doing the things the paint-way... But isn`t it always harder to be the good guy
tongue.gif

The only real problem with the game is the camera like many stated before me. I would have wished they had incorporated the same camera-system that was used on TombRaiderA (holding c-button and moving the curser). But like Guild said gladly there is the centering and lock-on feature even though it would have been nice, if the camerarotation with the d-pad was a little faster... Still with a little getting used to it it`s not really that bad!

Great game so far and definitely one of the finest examples of 3D-plattforming/action-adventuring in this generation. I think a genre that somehow feels kind of lost itself when I look at the VGA nominees this year for action-adventuring...

(It also makes me kind of sad, that a plattformer/action-adventure this innovative makes no impact on anyone but a little change on CoD makes everyone go ape-shit
frown.gif
- not that I don`t like CoD but still...)

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
i'm stuck i dont know what to do if anyone has beaten the game or gotten past this part i would really appericate if someone pm how to get pass it.

*SPOILERS*

I'm at the part in tommorrow city where you have paint oswalds drawings and they have a big picture of oswald and his girl and when you fix it a huge light flashes on this blue crystal. I have hit all the switches and dont know what to do next i see 4 gears 3 in which you can rotate a gargole, but i dont know what to do.

Taik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Can somebody help me ?

I just got to VentureLand and

I want to go "hero" route, I want to give flowers to the girl in order to get whatever I need from the guy, I looked around Ostown but I can only find the flower under the garden (in the huuuuge hole)...

Dunno if it matters but I pressed the wrong button earlier and the gremlin killed my phone
ohmy.gif

Nevermind I found them :

Use thinner on the wall behind the locked house, use thinner on the wall next to the factory near the lake, use thinner on the ground next to the first house.
You MIGHT need to do Horace's mission which is about finding the flower thief, I'm not sure about this since I did it before anything else

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Krestent said:
Is there one on usenet that isn't passworded?

Did you actually try out some passwords? I found a passworded w-em on usenet and I had to complete some offers to get the password, but the first thing I guessed seems to have done it... Never thought those guys would actually use "wiierd" as a password >_>

EDIT: Oh, wait, it only confirms your password AFTER it finishes extracting >_> Never mind that, then. Anyone know the password?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Master Mo said:
Wow, played it a while now and I think it`s amazing. They don`t make these kind of games anymore...

I really like how the game feels linear but in the different areas there is so much to do, that you often feels lost in all the attractions, which is kind of strange. I think that is a great accomplishment, since it enhances the feeling of being lost in a world with forgotten things. Familiar, yet unknown...

The overall art is very good and the animations are one of the best I`ve seen in games yet.

The paint and thinner mechanic works great and I also like that it seems like the problem-solving is always a little easier with thinner but I`m more of the paint kinda guy (Jedi...
biggrin.gif
) so I constantly doing the hard work since I love the sound when you are doing the things the paint-way... But isn`t it always harder to be the good guy
tongue.gif

The only real problem with the game is the camera like many stated before me. I would have wished they had incorporated the same camera-system that was used on TombRaiderA (holding c-button and moving the curser). But like Guild said gladly there is the centering and lock-on feature even though it would have been nice, if the camerarotation with the d-pad was a little faster... Still with a little getting used to it it`s not really that bad!

Great game so far and definitely one of the finest examples of 3D-plattforming/action-adventuring in this generation. I think a genre that somehow feels kind of lost itself when I look at the VGA nominees this year for action-adventuring...

(It also makes me kind of sad, that a plattformer/action-adventure this innovative makes no impact on anyone but a little change on CoD makes everyone go ape-shit
frown.gif
- not that I don`t like CoD but still...)

Don't get me wrong, this is still a good game.
It's just, to me it feels familiar... Swing to pirouette and break things ( Hello Galaxy) , Shooting paint/thinner to clean or defeat things ( Hello Sunshine ).
It's just no original concept, Even the whole game is based on the layout of Disney world Florida. Plus amusement parks have been done a million times in video games.
In my opinion it's just an easy way to make a bleuprint for a game. Own imagination lost.
I've never been to Disneyworld, so I'm totally NOT connected to the place.

The programmers did'nt have to make up the main character.
They did'nt have to make up the setting. They only thought of a ( lame ) story. WHY is mickey drawn to the F-ing mirror?
Besides everything in tis game reminds me of other disney games. Levels surrounded by a hub. Things spoken, things not spoken... Artstyle of storytelling in different ways ( cgi and still pics ) Quirky story telling in my own language ( Dutch ) does'nt do this game any good. Thrown together shit.

Graphics and enige almost 1:1 compared to Toystory 3 an Alice in Wonderland, wich is overall good.
I enjoyed the game very much, though I played through it very fast.
It's a bit predictable and therefore somewhat boring to adult players.
+ Overall I think Mickey is the least interesting figure Disney has to offer ( Go Donald! ). ( at least this game is'nt based of a movie )

One playthrough is probably enough for anybody.
BUT DO PLAY IT.

danuk76

Trophies
XP
Country
Bahamas, The
Any one now the password to the RAR, never going to click the script crazy link to get it aaaahahhhhhhhhhahahaha, ermmmm yes

Stolk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you had the problem like I did in which the cursor is horribly lagging when moving it onscreen, go into Wii options and reset the sensitivity on your remote. Whenever I tried to apply paint ingame the cursor would lag and made it impossible to aim. After resetting my sensitivity, I was able to play and enjoy the game. Loving it now! I never had a problem until this game, but I guess it's more critical in this game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1