Wii #2351 - Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon (Europe)

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This actually looks like a decent game to me -- more Time Crisis than actual Ghost Recon, but that's cool with me. Gonna wait to see what reviews say before nabbing it, though.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It looks really similar to the last Transformers game on Wii... I didn`t like that game, simply because it was boring.

I don`t know if choosing cover is enough to make an already really boring gameplay-style fresh!? I`m skeptical...

I also think it is a shame, that they didn`t wanted to make a proper third-person-game, since I think the Wiimote-Nunchuck controls would fit it well, similar to rogue trooper just with the updates made on IR-controls in the meantime (such as boundary-boxes, turning-speed, etc).

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Master Mo said:
I also think it is a shame, that they didn`t wanted to make a proper third-person-game, since I think the Wiimote-Nunchuck controls would fit it well, similar to rogue trooper just with the updates made on IR-controls in the meantime (such as boundary-boxes, turning-speed, etc).

True enough. The Wii could definitely house a bona fide Ghost Recon. That being said, I think they're going for "the dad audience" with the Wii version, and keeping it simple might satisfy without frustrating folks looking for more casual war entertainment.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
GeekyGuy said:
True enough. The Wii could definitely house a bona fide Ghost Recon. That being said, I think they're going for "the dad audience" with the Wii version, and keeping it simple might satisfy without frustrating folks looking for more casual war entertainment.
Yeah, I respect that developer try to develop their games for a specific audience but with a little bit more dedication there could be both - a game that is more guided and "casual" and a so called "core"-game.

Like in MoH:Heroes2 there was a fully fledged out FPS but there was also the guided Railshooter experience. In that game everyone new the developer had great dedication to the project in every way (also much appreciation to MoHH2, since it was the first game doing IR-controls completely right with massive customization
biggrin.gif
)

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Was expecting an FPS.
Just another arcade shooter...

Posts merged

Was expecting an FPS.
Just another arcade shooter...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo