Wii #2315 - Monopoly Streets (USA)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chanser, Nov 3, 2010.

Nov 3, 2010
  1. Chanser
    OP

Member Chanser :o

Macau
    ^^wiirelease-4917^^

2. malefactor

Newcomer malefactor Member

United States
    What is this?

3. Chanser
    OP

Member Chanser :o

Macau
    Seriously why ask that question?

4. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    Because he has a post count of 5. That's why.

5. CarbonX13

Member CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Taiwan
    Hmm, it appears to have Monopoly in the title, and the boxart seems to relate to a boardgame about Monopoly. I wonder what this game is about.

6. Sashinco

Newcomer Sashinco Member

France
    Well, I too would like to know.
    I mean, we all know monopoly, but not a clue about what Monopoly streets changes... There is already a monopoly game on wii, so this one obvisouly has something new or something different, no?

If anyone can tell me, I'd be glad! [​IMG]

7. NDStemp

Member NDStemp GBAtemp?! No! NDStemp

Canada
    Better graphics? Different uh...places?

8. CarbonX13

Member CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Taiwan
    Alright, just finished one round of Monopoly with my bro and two AI opponents. There is a Monopoly Street mode, which basically transforms the basic Monopoly board we all know into a city (like real buildings, areas, etc.). Looks pretty cool, nothing like we've seen Monopoly as. Players roam around the city with their set pieces (the Car has a racecar driver as the player, Battleship has a captain, etc.), and do the same old Monopoly deal. There are towers in the center representing the value of each player (how rich/poor in general are they, the total value of properties combined with their amount of cash), and they grow or shrink as the players pay rent, purchase and develop property, and get taxed.

There're also other boards to unlock. Classic Monopoly board is in there, as well as a cardboard edition. Basically, it's a heavily stylised version of Monopoly. There are other types of game modes as well. Classic Monopoly is well, classic Monopoly. We also get a Speed game mode, which gets players three dice instead of two. Other modes like Quick Mode I haven't tried, but they're in there.

It's pretty fun how Monopoly got so lively and animated; I was definitely surprised how much fun I had playing... Monopoly.

So yeah, it's Monopoly, but it's a stylish version at that.

EDIT: Omg... my 300th post was about how I actually enjoyed playing Monopoly for once. Wow... =/

9. Sashinco

Newcomer Sashinco Member

France
    Thx a lot CarbonX13 for your comment, I guess I'll give it a try then!
    Monopoly will always be Monopoly, but with some animations and stuffs, can give the experience something more, sounds cool! [​IMG]

10. camurso_

Member camurso_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Portugal
    Does it have Sesame Street?

11. DjFIL

Member DjFIL GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    I posted in the PAL release. I preferred the 2008 Monopoly Wii release with it's mini-game infused Riches mode... that was a crazy and enjoyable twist to Monopoly. I personally love board games (mostly strategy heavy games), but I loathe Monopoly. Monopoly Streets has nice graphics to show off your trip around the board, and there's lots of options for different rule sets... but it comes down to the same old, luck heavy, roll and move, game everyone knows.