Wii #2305 - James Bond 007: Goldeneye (USA)

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
lolet said:
Does anybody know if there will be any difference between this and the PAL version? I was thinking if you could play with the same people online no matter what version you have. How have it worked with previous games like CoD and Conduit?
COD and the Conduit is interchangeable so I assume this one will be too.

t7g

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was at my local store at 12:01am to buy it, nabbed the collector's edition. Glad I did, not a huge fan of mouselook with a wiimote so the classic controller was definitely a good pick up. On my 3.2U Wii I had to copy it down to the harddisk to get it to run, but other than that I played through until the level after the nightclub and had a lot of fun.

It's totally worth the purchase and I would say that it's a very nice successor to Goldeneye, see you on online play- you can't play classic bond mode without a code from the collector's edition box though, not sure how that translates to other aspects of online play. I didn't even bother trying to get on it.

When I was copying down my bought copy it said I needed about 1800ish blocks, no, not gonna up it or share- sorry! It's worth the money, go buy it.

corenting

Trophies
Website
www.corenting.fr
XP
Country
France
ACWWFAN said:
michkine said:
Same question

Idk, but on CoD they have local and then worldwide. If you play worldwide you will play with other countries I believe unless you choose local or regional or whatever. You will have to see if there's a option for that

He and I wanted to know if this release was english only or not (french,spanish...)

qazqaz123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chebico said:
OK, scrub size is 3754.00MB with just game partition.
Time to test it out!

yes This will fit on 4gb usb
hrth.gif

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lets hope and pray that online cheating is harder than simply enabling ocarina cheats....
any reports on THIS aspect so far?

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
holoflame said:
It is always safe to go online on the Wii, they cannot ban you.

EDIT~ Typos
Actually they can, only you're not banned for everything, only for the game you were banned in. And example of this is Monster Hunter Tri.

t7g

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, now that I'm bored at work I might as well write a little bit more about my impressions of the game.

To respond to previous questions, I don't know if it's multi-language, I don't know if it's safe to go online if you didn't buy it. (I never tried multiplayer this morning but they did give me a code with the collector's edition to unlock the classic multiplayer mode, maybe that's locally though, I have no idea)

From the time you create your character profile and start off on your difficulty level you'll find the level of immersion is unparalleled for a Wii game. Everything you thought was wrong with the first Goldeneye (and I was a huge fan of the movie) doesn't really seem wrong in here.

For the first level, you'll see a lot more of the Dam, it's a much longer level with plenty of not annoying cinematic bits throughout it. I like to wander in games and of course I found myself getting lost down hallways and corridors all the time because I as not following the map beacon and just exploring willy-nilly. I assume since I'm just playing "Operative" that perhaps in the harder difficulty levels these areas will be utilized but in the standard difficulty it seemed like you had more room than usual to wander around and get lost.

The ending sequence for the first level was pretty interesting, make sure you're ready to waggle or hit a random button during some of the cinematics.

Second level was the Facility, which of course is nothing like the one from goldeneye sans dropping down from the ceiling in the bathroom but the redesign of it is really nice. It actually feels like you're in a facility. At the very end of this map you'll have to do one of those cinematic button presses so be ready, but if you fail you just get to watch it over again basically.

When you come out of the facility you end up in quite a firefight, the fights in this game are nothing like original goldeneye- Even in operative mode it was very fast paced, took a few hits to kill any guy unless you shot em in the head. Even in operative mode it seems the npc enemies have half decent aim and can put a couple into your vest before you can even see them on your screen in some cases (Look for muzzle flashes)

The only having 3 weapons at a time thing wasn't bad at all, I found myself having fun picking up the different weapons and trying em out.

When you start to finish the level after Facility, and go to get on the plane- That's where you really see why they decided to re-make it.

I remember in the original Goldeneye one of my biggest complaints about single player was how much they had to gimp what happened in the movie because they just couldn't do it on the Nintendo 64 yet. When you jump off the side of the cliff on the motorcycle and climb into the plane and then do whatever to pull it up so you could finish the level- That really felt like Goldeneye. The checkpoints are pretty well arranged so you don't get pissed off when you turn a corner and walk into death.

After the Facility/escape it starts to get a little more "new" - Since they rewrote Valentin's character you might not recognize him, but the club level is actually really cool. You start off just walking in and wandering around with all the other people. People are chatting around you, you eventually get to the dance floor where they use some creative tricks to make it look like a lot more people are there without killing framerate with a bunch of models and it actually looks very believable, and very good for the Wii. Especially as you have a chat with him and he walks over to the window overlooking the club you can really see they spent a lot of time on it. After that it turns into your standard shoot and run bond level but up until that point it's an interesting change of pace and the non-agression mission objectives do actually make it feel more like bond and less like rainbow 6.

Again, I can't re-iterate enough how much it is worth it to give it a shot. This is especially true if you liked the movie as well. It's immersive, difficult, and I'm sure I'll waste away plenty more of my hours with it, but at this point, it only cost me 10$ per hour of entertainment, that's almost cheaper than the movies and it's only going to get cheaper as it gets played more.

and again, make sure to give the classic controller a try before knocking the game because of the Wiimote controls, they spent a lot of time trying to make it smooth for multiple controllers it seems and although I whined "Why play a Wii game if you're not gonna use the Wii specific controls?" it was unjustified- now that I have, I don't mind it at all.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Bladeforce said:
What a f**king fantastic game!!! Played the 360 bond and ps3 this one has the playability of a God and the controls of a genius. WONDERFUL WONDERFUL GAME!!!!!!!!

You've played both the 360 and PS3 copies of Blood Stone? You do realize Blood Stone is a completely different game, right? And yeah its fun, but its incredibly short and easy and the story was fucking awful. Lets hope they don't fuck this one up.

t7g

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crass said:
Bladeforce said:
What a f**king fantastic game!!! Played the 360 bond and ps3 this one has the playability of a God and the controls of a genius. WONDERFUL WONDERFUL GAME!!!!!!!!

You've played both the 360 and PS3 copies of Blood Stone? You do realize Blood Stone is a completely different game, right? And yeah its fun, but its incredibly short and easy and the story was fucking awful. Lets hope they don't fuck this one up.

I think he said he played the 360 bond and the ps3 one, I don't have either system so I don't know if there were bonds for it but I have to say- If you think this is going to suck like Other M (Which I didn't even bother playing after being a lifetime Metroid fan) you'll probably be really wrong. I've seen nothing in the 5 hours I played the game this morning to make me think I'll be disappointed at any point. The only way you'll know for yourself is to try.

and let me say right now, I have previously claimed I would never spend money on a videogame ever again- I was wrong, I bought this one. I don't regret it at all.

mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sucks my internet is slow as hell.Can't get this.Might buy it,but it'll be a while.Like months..Or I'll get Halo Reach instead. Wich is better?

t7g

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XXLANCEXX said:
Will This Support GC controllers

Pictured on the back of the collector's edition box was the icon for the wiimote + nunchuk, the icon for the classic controller, the icon for the gc controller, and the wii zapper

nugundam0079

Prime Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guild McCommunist said:
GeekyGuy said:
I'm expecting nothing short of epic disappointment.

Probably the same thing here. Doesn't look like a true successor to the original game or something that's trying to be good at succeeding it. It just feels like a game that's trying to use nostalgia and brand name alone to get a quick buck.

But whatever, I was always a Perfect Dark guy myself. As long as I have my XBLA version of Perfect Dark I'll be satisfied with my old N64-era shooting.

Yea I was a Perfect Dark Kid growing up so I missed the Golden Eye train (I did get to play for the first time a year or two ago and thought it was inferior to PD)

In fact PD and Virtual on Oratario Tangram were the reasons I got an Xbox360.

t7g

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nugundam0079 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
GeekyGuy said:
I'm expecting nothing short of epic disappointment.

Probably the same thing here. Doesn't look like a true successor to the original game or something that's trying to be good at succeeding it. It just feels like a game that's trying to use nostalgia and brand name alone to get a quick buck.

But whatever, I was always a Perfect Dark guy myself. As long as I have my XBLA version of Perfect Dark I'll be satisfied with my old N64-era shooting.

Yea I was a Perfect Dark Kid growing up so I missed the Golden Eye train (I did get to play for the first time a year or two ago and thought it was inferior to PD)

In fact PD and Virtual on Oratario Tangram were the reasons I got an Xbox360.

Well, Goldeneye came out before Perfect Dark back in the day so of course if you played PD before GE you'd probably like it more. That being said I played PD and couldn't get into it because to me it was just Goldeneye with different graphics and no cool Bond shit. It's all about what era you're from. I myself personally was a huge huge Goldeneye fan as a kid. (Watched the movie every night as I went to sleep for six months) so the Bond aspect of Goldeneye is what got me to buy/play it back then, and is a big part of why I bought it now.

There was a reason you never saw GE on a virtual console. Microsoft, Rare, and Ninty fought pretty hard to get Goldeneye as a virtual console type title but they all failed, why?

Same reason Nintendo bought the rights to The 7th Guest, it was just too good to let another company release it for their platform. The rights to it were split enough that the title was locked up between two competing companies and you'll probably never see them agree to release it on any console.

One last thing to note, had Goldeneye for N64 not been the success it was- Perfect Dark would've probably never been made. I see ya guys chatting about them trying to play off the nostalgia here but your favorite game was basically just them re-selling the engine they sold to us with some different content.

B

Bladeforce

What I meant was having played both the other fairings on 360 and ps3 this one beats the pants off them both. I know it's a different game but the feeling is just Bond not with the others, the controls are much better than the others. Solid solid game best of the year on the Wii (until DKCR that is
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1