Wii #2120 - Harley Davidson Road Trip (USA)

JackSakamoto

Bad Ending Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not a Brigitte Bardot song ?
unsure.gif

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keshire said:
I'll probably get this just to bother my wife with her 'motorcycles are deathtraps philosophy'.

I hope you are kidding.. The cars are deathtraps even more than the motorcycles. Really! I learned that from the motorcycle school class over 10 years ago.

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
RockmanForte said:
Keshire said:
I'll probably get this just to bother my wife with her 'motorcycles are deathtraps philosophy'.

I hope you are kidding.. The cars are deathtraps even more than the motorcycles. Really! I learned that from the motorcycle school class over 10 years ago.

I hope you're kidding. Where are the airbags, seatbelts and ABS on a motorcycle? Not to mention Motorcycle VS Car...Car wins.

I like motorcycles, I did my licens with 18 for both..just motorcycles are for sure not very safe, but still much more fun to drive.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
taktularCBo said:
RockmanForte said:
Keshire said:

I hope you're kidding. Where are the airbags, seatbelts and ABS on a motorcycle? Not to mention Motorcycle VS Car...Car wins.

I like motorcycles, I did my licens with 18 for both..just motorcycles are for sure not very safe, but still much more fun to drive.

True but motorcycles are less dangerous than driving a car. Statistically, you are in more danger driving a car than riding a bike. If you practice safe, sober riding, there is absolutely no reason why you should fear death. Motorcycle riding is a safer, cheaper form of transportation and less harmful to the environment.

I found one:

There were 43,510 vehicle-related fatalities in 2005. Of those, 4,576 were motorcyclists, 4,892 were pedestrians, and 23,237 were drivers in non-bike vehicles.

http://www-fars.nhtsa.dot.gov/Main/index.aspx

In 2005 there were 6.2 million registered motorcycles. There were 232 million registered automobiles and light trucks.

http://www.bts.gov/publications/state_tran...fast_facts.html

For motorcycles there was 1 death for every 1355 registered motorcycles.

For autos/light trucks there was 1 death for every 9984 registered autos/light trucks.

If your anecdotal data is correct in regards to your 10,000-member, safety-oriented, motorcyle club having only three deaths in the last three years then the club is as safe as average drivers and six times as safe as average motorcyclists. See?
wink.gif

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
RockmanForte said:
taktularCBo said:
RockmanForte said:
Keshire said:

True but motorcycles are less dangerous than driving a car. Statistically, you are in more danger driving a car than riding a bike. If you practice safe, sober riding, there is absolutely no reason why you should fear death. Motorcycle riding is a safer, cheaper form of transportation and less harmful to the environment.

I found one:

There were 43,510 vehicle-related fatalities in 2005. Of those, 4,576 were motorcyclists, 4,892 were pedestrians, and 23,237 were drivers in non-bike vehicles.

In 2005 there were 6.2 million registered motorcycles. There were 232 million registered automobiles and light trucks.

For autos/light trucks there was 1 death for every 9984 registered autos/light trucks.

If your anecdotal data is correct in regards to your 10,000-member, safety-oriented, motorcyle club having only three deaths in the last three years then the club is as safe as average drivers and six times as safe as average motorcyclists. See?
wink.gif

well German statistics say something else, but I couldn't find a English version.
At least in Germany and France, their are far more deads (in %) on motorcycles than with cars.
could be that our roads are different than yours, we have like million of highways with 5-6 tracks and unlimited speed (germany) and ordinary road..well, very dangerous, cause you can't see if someone comes from infront if you overtake sb.

One thing at least is world wide the same, if you have an accident with a MC youre dead, in a car you have at least some chances.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I live in Florida and for every 15-25 cars I see one motorcycle, I think accident rates would be lower on motorcycles since their are more cars... From what I see anyways, but I do believe motorcycles are more dangerous, the fact they have no seat belts or airbags alone is enough for me to think that. I think motorcycles are more dangerous, that doesn't mean I think the motorcycle drivers are the cause to this, sometimes accidents happen. I rather be hit while in a car.

QUOTE said:
* Cross-Country Adventure: Ride coast to coast on assignment for HOG Magazine. Fill your Travel Log as you take on over 18 assignments across three regions (East Coast, Midwest, and West Coast) in five game modes.
* The Open Road: The road doesn’t end when you reach the Pacific. Throw the map in the trash and find your own route in Free Ride and Time Trial modes.
* Authentic Harley-Davidson Motorcycles: Get behind the handlebars of the Softail Cross Bones, XR1200, Softail Rocker C, Nightster, and Dyna Fat Bob and the Iron 883.
* The Real Feel: Twist the Wii Remote to feel the power. Tilt the Wii Remote to lean into the curves, all the while hearing the authentic H-D V-Twin engines for the ultimate experience.
* Make it Personal: Customize your bikes with over 70 official Harley-Davidson parts and different custom paint schemes.

Could not find screen shots.
laugh.gif

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
taktularCBo said:
RockmanForte said:
taktularCBo said:
RockmanForte said:
Keshire said:

I found one:

wink.gif

well German statistics say something else, but I couldn't find a English version.
At least in Germany and France, their are far more deads (in %) on motorcycles than with cars.
could be that our roads are different than yours, we have like million of highways with 5-6 tracks and unlimited speed (germany) and ordinary road..well, very dangerous, cause you can't see if someone comes from infront if you overtake sb.

One thing at least is world wide the same, if you have an accident with a MC youre dead, in a car you have at least some chances.

smile.gif

I'm talking about America.

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
smile.gif

I'm talking about America.

The world is not the USA my friend and I was talking at all in the world.
yaywii.gif

Never mind,
Im driving a Honda and not a Harley, probably here are some differences too
wink.gif

crook

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
RockmanForte said:

Whats your point? The data says bikers have more deaths than car drivers on a percentage basis. You're contradicting yourself.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Who the hell cares to what degree motorcycle are dangerous guys ?
War is far more dangerous, but I still like to play COD.

What I like to know is, is this game any good ?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crook said:
RockmanForte said:

Whats your point? The data says bikers have more deaths than car drivers on a percentage basis. You're contradicting yourself.

Oops! Your attitude is showing… The only thing "unacceptable" here is your attitude. That is not nice to do. I want to be friends with you guys... Is this so bad ? And I just want to discuss it, but your attitude is unacceptable. Please don't, alright ?
sad.gif

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Referencer, are you too nosy ? You heartless jerk!!! You are being a jerk! Do you know that ?! What's your problem ? Then don't drag me into your argument! Stay outta it, man! JUST STAY OUTTA IT!!!

elmariachi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Arm73 said:
Who the hell cares to what degree motorcycle are dangerous guys ?
War is far more dangerous, but I still like to play COD.

What I like to know is, is this game any good ?

omgpwn666 said:
I live in Florida and for every 15-25 cars I see one motorcycle, I think accident rates would be lower on motorcycles since their are more cars... From what I see anyways, but I do believe motorcycles are more dangerous, the fact they have no seat belts or airbags alone is enough for me to think that. I think motorcycles are more dangerous, that doesn't mean I think the motorcycle drivers are the cause to this, sometimes accidents happen. I rather be hit while in a car.

QUOTE* Cross-Country Adventure: Ride coast to coast on assignment for HOG Magazine. Fill your Travel Log as you take on over 18 assignments across three regions (East Coast, Midwest, and West Coast) in five game modes.
* The Open Road: The road doesn’t end when you reach the Pacific. Throw the map in the trash and find your own route in Free Ride and Time Trial modes.
* Authentic Harley-Davidson Motorcycles: Get behind the handlebars of the Softail Cross Bones, XR1200, Softail Rocker C, Nightster, and Dyna Fat Bob and the Iron 883.
* The Real Feel: Twist the Wii Remote to feel the power. Tilt the Wii Remote to lean into the curves, all the while hearing the authentic H-D V-Twin engines for the ultimate experience.
* Make it Personal: Customize your bikes with over 70 official Harley-Davidson parts and different custom paint schemes.

Could not find screen shots.
laugh.gif

The last sentence probably says it all: no screens is 9 out of 10 rubbish ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright