Wii #2120 - Harley Davidson Road Trip (USA)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chanser, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Chanser
    OP

Chanser :o

Jun 27, 2006
    Monaco
    ^^wiirelease-4276^^

2. JackSakamoto

JackSakamoto Bad Ending Guy

Sep 13, 2009
    It's not a Brigitte Bardot song ? [​IMG]

3. Keshire

Keshire GBAtemp Regular

Sep 8, 2007
    United States
    I'll probably get this just to bother my wife with her 'motorcycles are deathtraps philosophy'.

4. morcar

morcar GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2005
    oh if only this was road rash ffs come on EA get your asses moving

5. Prophet

Prophet Resident Black Militant

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    This is great for all those Harley Davidson enthusiasts who also own Wiis...

6. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    I hope you are kidding.. The cars are deathtraps even more than the motorcycles. Really! I learned that from the motorcycle school class over 10 years ago.

7. taktularCBo

taktularCBo GBAtemp Fan

Nov 8, 2009
    France
    I hope you're kidding. Where are the airbags, seatbelts and ABS on a motorcycle? Not to mention Motorcycle VS Car...Car wins.

I like motorcycles, I did my licens with 18 for both..just motorcycles are for sure not very safe, but still much more fun to drive.

8. Slave

Slave GBAtemp Fan

Aug 29, 2006
    Canada
    Montreal, Quebec.
    Because All Harley Davidson bikers DO Own a wii! [​IMG]

9. azoreseuropa

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    True but motorcycles are less dangerous than driving a car. Statistically, you are in more danger driving a car than riding a bike. If you practice safe, sober riding, there is absolutely no reason why you should fear death. Motorcycle riding is a safer, cheaper form of transportation and less harmful to the environment.

I found one:

There were 43,510 vehicle-related fatalities in 2005. Of those, 4,576 were motorcyclists, 4,892 were pedestrians, and 23,237 were drivers in non-bike vehicles.

http://www-fars.nhtsa.dot.gov/Main/index.aspx

In 2005 there were 6.2 million registered motorcycles. There were 232 million registered automobiles and light trucks.

http://www.bts.gov/publications/state_tran...fast_facts.html

For motorcycles there was 1 death for every 1355 registered motorcycles.

For autos/light trucks there was 1 death for every 9984 registered autos/light trucks.

If your anecdotal data is correct in regards to your 10,000-member, safety-oriented, motorcyle club having only three deaths in the last three years then the club is as safe as average drivers and six times as safe as average motorcyclists. See? [​IMG]

10. taktularCBo

taktularCBo GBAtemp Fan

Nov 8, 2009
    France
    well German statistics say something else, but I couldn't find a English version.
    At least in Germany and France, their are far more deads (in %) on motorcycles than with cars.
    could be that our roads are different than yours, we have like million of highways with 5-6 tracks and unlimited speed (germany) and ordinary road..well, very dangerous, cause you can't see if someone comes from infront if you overtake sb.

One thing at least is world wide the same, if you have an accident with a MC youre dead, in a car you have at least some chances.

11. omgpwn666

omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

Jun 14, 2008
    United States
    Florida
    I live in Florida and for every 15-25 cars I see one motorcycle, I think accident rates would be lower on motorcycles since their are more cars... From what I see anyways, but I do believe motorcycles are more dangerous, the fact they have no seat belts or airbags alone is enough for me to think that. I think motorcycles are more dangerous, that doesn't mean I think the motorcycle drivers are the cause to this, sometimes accidents happen. I rather be hit while in a car.

Could not find screen shots. [​IMG]

12. azoreseuropa

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    [​IMG]

I'm talking about America.

13. taktularCBo

taktularCBo GBAtemp Fan

Nov 8, 2009
    France
    The world is not the USA my friend and I was talking at all in the world. [​IMG]

Never mind,
    Im driving a Honda and not a Harley, probably here are some differences too [​IMG]

14. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    You won't get much response talking about America here. GBAtemp is not a USA based website. Unlike say, GameFAQs.

15. crook

crook GBAtemp Fan

Feb 24, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Whats your point? The data says bikers have more deaths than car drivers on a percentage basis. You're contradicting yourself.

16. Arm73

Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Mar 4, 2006
    Italy
    Switzerland
    Who the hell cares to what degree motorcycle are dangerous guys ?
    War is far more dangerous, but I still like to play COD.

What I like to know is, is this game any good ?

17. azoreseuropa

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Oops! Your attitude is showing… The only thing "unacceptable" here is your attitude. That is not nice to do. I want to be friends with you guys... Is this so bad ? And I just want to discuss it, but your attitude is unacceptable. Please don't, alright ? [​IMG]

18. referencer

referencer GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2008
    United States
    RockmanForte has a habit of making very stupid arguments, sorry about that.

19. azoreseuropa

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Referencer, are you too nosy ? You heartless jerk!!! You are being a jerk! Do you know that ?! What's your problem ? Then don't drag me into your argument! Stay outta it, man! JUST STAY OUTTA IT!!!

20. elmariachi

elmariachi GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2009
    Netherlands
    Amsterdam
    The last sentence probably says it all: no screens is 9 out of 10 rubbish ...