Wii #1856 - Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (USA)

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can't see how people can say this game is "not bad". I played for an hour and I think the atmosphere is very eary and creepy and the graphics are AMAZING for Wii standards.
Plus the little voicemail sequences are a big plus in this game.

The fact that they stray from the ol' run and shoot like crazy path I think is very daring and brave.

Almost horror game for Wii (RE4 stays at number 1)

ringorinfret

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you find your way out of the woods by now? lolll

edit: i played the game last night...wow I had chills! the atmosphere in the game is great and it somewhat match what there was in real life...lots of wind and snow, creepy! the visuals are great and the interface also, this is one of my top games on wii

c1o2n3

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not all too common with wii piracy and the like, but using USBloader with this on a pal wii, Do I need a patch or will it just play?

Sorry i'm such a nub.

elmariachi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
jink84 said:
Destructoid - Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Review

Wow, Destructoid gave this a 9.5! It seems like nobody is amped on it though...

EDIT
Nobody has mentioned this yet: I have Cios Revision 14 and full CIOSCORP, the game runs fine through my disk channel so far.

I run it on cIOS Rev 14 Neo Gamma R8 rev12 and works very well on disk
smile.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not a fan of survival horror games. If you like survival horror, this'll get a high score. If you don't, it won't. Simply put. Well, I like survival horror when it's very action packed, like Resident Evil 4.

I'm quite a pussy so I won't be giving this a try anytime soon.

jink84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
I'm not a fan of survival horror games. If you like survival horror, this'll get a high score. If you don't, it won't. Simply put. Well, I like survival horror when it's very action packed, like Resident Evil 4.

I'm so scared of this game, but I keep playing. Seriously, I'm terrified. I made my roommate come out and watch me play for moral support.

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
the start of this game is messed up.
you have to run around with no weapons from these crazy train monsters and if you get more than 2 on you. GAME OVER!
im almost at silent hill now. but im scared to play again

Tonindo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:

You're missing out. The story in this game is amazing and the athmosphere the developers have built is just wonderful. It's one of the best games this generation so far, in my opinion. The story beats anything I've seen in a game in the last 10 years.

bathingapebape

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
couldn't get it to run through the disc channel or neogamma, but got it running through gecko OS. Pretty interesting so far, waiting to play it at night.

jink84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bathingapebape said:
couldn't get it to run through the disc channel or neogamma, but got it running through gecko OS. Pretty interesting so far, waiting to play it at night.

You might have a crappy dump. What's your cioscorp edition? what's your cios rev38 on? what's your disc format? what's your mother's maiden name? etc...

bathingapebape

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jink84 said:
bathingapebape said:

You might have a crappy dump. What's your cioscorp edition? what's your cios rev38 on? what's your disc format? what's your mother's maiden name? etc...

All I did was the simplistic mod. Now a 4.2J.

Tetram

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This game is the scariest I've ever played. Just great ! Even better than the very first resident Evil who scared me out when I was 15...

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm quite a pussy when it comes to horror games, but I'm not finding this particularly scary. Once you realise that nothing can hurt you until you get into the nightmares, which are all telegraphed miles in advance (ie, so there's not the constant dread of not knowing where the next threat is coming from) it's actually quite a relaxing game to play. Toddling around, picking up mementoes, looking at stuff, finding recordings etc.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I love the Silent Hill games...well any game before Silent Hill 3. 4-5 just sucked, they weren't scary and were just action games with shock moments, but not an all around scary and lonely atmosphere that Silent Hill 2 perfected.
But I am going to get this game since I heard it was good and made up for the suck Silent Hill Homecoming brought into the games.
And before anyone says Silent Hill Homecoming was scary, go pick up a copy of Silent Hill 2 then say Homecoming was scary.

A Divine Unicorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have wiikey and just get a black screen after boot up. 3.2u and when i try geckOS it gives me error #002. Tried without brickblocker and it wanted to update through disc channel and i still got the 002 error on geckOS.

anyone care to explain how to get it running? i haven't touched cios edits since Animal Crossing, so i'll need a refresher course if i need to do it to play this game.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tonindo said:
Guild McCommunist said:

You're missing out. The story in this game is amazing and the athmosphere the developers have built is just wonderful. It's one of the best games this generation so far, in my opinion. The story beats anything I've seen in a game in the last 10 years.

I don't play games for stories. I play games to play games. Sure, I expect a good story with my games and not just a bunch of feces on a funny-looking platter, but I don't think a game based purely on the story is good. It's probably the reason I'm bored to tears with "adventure" games (y'know, the "point and click" type of games) and skip through most cutscenes if possible.

For survival horror, unless it plays like RE4 I'm quite honestly not interested.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's one bad nightmare