Wii #1511 - The Beatles: Rock Band (Europe)

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I've played a lot of guitar in the past. I recorded stuff, played in bands. I remember sitting on my bedroom playing along to my favorite Metallica songs.

Well nowadays I only play the occasional guitar when I'm recording in a friends studio where we just sit together drink a beer and think up music which we produce in Cubase.

When Guitar Hero Metallica came out I really had that feeling again that I had when playing the stuff for real. Only in a different way. It's very fun knowing how to play for real and then playing it Guitar Hero style. I really enjoy the GH and RB games a lot. I think the GH guitar all look horrible though, like an actual toy. They should have made it look more like a real guitar.

I must say NOTHING compares to playing Metallica stuff for real, but this really manages to capture a bit of the guitar playing magic.

I downloaded this Beatles title but am not too enthusiastic because Beatles music to me isn't "guitar music".

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't get it to work on my NTSC-U with USB Loader GX or CFG, I'm burning it to a disc now to try it that way.

EDIT: I was forcing NTSC since I only have an SDTV.

UPDATE: It works from a disc using NeoGamma and forcing NTSC

hitmanpham

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might I inquire what your config was? I burnt the game to a disc and cannot get it to force ntsc using neogamma. I have a wiikey and cios rev 10.

hitmanpham

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My theory is that there may be a necessary wad included in the disc update to allow 3 mics at once. I get a black screen when I try to launch it from neogamma.

pbb76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Got a twightlight hacked Wii and trying to boot this via the DiscLoader channel.

Just keep getting a ERROR 002 message and a Blue Screen.

I've had this on the last 3-4 backups I've tried, can anyone let me know why please? Always worked previously using the same methods...

Thanks!

Kramzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
download ''Wii Scrubber'' & Wii Generic Patcher
Open the iso file with wii scrubber open the second partition and extract the main.dol file
next open the wii generic patcher and open the main.dol file remove the 001 protection and the 002 protection
save the file replace the original main.dol file in the iso with wii scrubber and see if it works

pbb76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kramzy said:
Open the iso file with wii scrubber open the second partition and extract the main.dol file
next open the wii generic patcher and open the main.dol file remove the 001 protection and the 002 protection
save the file replace the original main.dol file in the iso with wii scrubber and see if it works

Thanks! I'll give that a go
smile.gif

onionpalac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Works fine for me - great intro.
Only thing is throughout the game I can see what appears to be some kind of code text on various spots on the screen.
2 examples:
blue_icon
insert_date_month_time

Not a problem at all really just wondering if anyone else gets this . . .

dearodie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works on NTSC Wii with 4.1U + WiikeyV1 1.9g
Update partition has IOS56, if not installed get black screen. Install IOS56 from GH5 US, but don't want to take chances with Euro version on this disc.
Tested the game, works fine.
cool.gif
Didn't try online.

EDIT: of course, this was brickblocked and regionfrii'ed beforehand.

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maduin said:
I couldn't get it to work on my NTSC-U with USB Loader GX or CFG, I'm burning it to a disc now to try it that way.

EDIT: I was forcing NTSC since I only have an SDTV.

UPDATE: It works from a disc using NeoGamma and forcing NTSC

Thanks. THAT'S the info I was looking for!
smile.gif

Force NTSC works. And I read elsewhere that it works via USB if set to 223 instead of 249. That leaves no reason that the two options shouldn't work together.

mugel0190

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
When I play drums on lefty flip and hit yellow and green at once, Beatles Rock Band recognizes yellow and red?! If I hit green, green is recognized and if I hit yellow, yellow is recognized... Only when they are hit at the same time, this error occurs... could anyone try, if this is a common bug or if it has to do with my setup?!

GHWT Drums
Wii 4.1E, cios rev14, Wiikey V1, USBLoader_GX...
Game started via USB Loader...

pbb76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kramzy said:

Thanks - its better! Doesnt crash to #002 now, screen flashes green (as usual) but stays black.

Any ideas on this one now? (PAL machine BTW)

Kramzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
pbb76 said:
Kramzy said:

Thanks - its better! Doesnt crash to #002 now, screen flashes green (as usual) but stays black.

this happened to me when trying to run gh5 just use cioscorp and should worj

pbb76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kramzy said:
pbb76 said:
Kramzy said:

this happened to me when trying to run gh5 just use cioscorp and should worj

I'm on menu system 4.0E though - so cannot install cioscorp can I?

sio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on PAL 4.1 (I think) with WiiKey V1, 1.9g

All you need to do to get past the 002 error is install IOS56-64-v5146.wad (From your region of The Beatles: Rock Band/GH5) using wad manager.

It solves the GH5 002 error too
smile.gif

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lisa200 said:
Rammoth said:
It works for me
biggrin.gif

PAL wii, 3.1, Wiikey

did you allow the update?

I'm on 3.1, so no. I still use the ancient freeloader to block all updates, but anything capable of blocking the update should do. If you have a 4.1 console it should be safe to let the update run though. One small add, I did manually add the IOS56 from Guitar Hero 5 a few days ago. If Beatles doesn't work, it probably uses the same IOS, which you can add manually
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag