Wii #1511 - The Beatles: Rock Band (Europe)

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Guys, which set should i buy? Guitar Hero or Rock Band? i wanted one that could work with all games (GH, RB)... but i dunno which does the trick :S

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hero-Link said:
Guys, which set should i buy? Guitar Hero or Rock Band? i wanted one that could work with all games (GH, RB)... but i dunno which does the trick :S

GH3 and later guitars and drums work on all GH3 and up games. Also all Rock Band games EXCEPT for Rock band 1, Track Pack 1 and 2.
Rock Band instruments work on all Rock Band games ever released + Guitar Hero 5.
You can use RawkSD to get all Guitar Hero songs into Rock Band though. So if you look at it that way, Rock Band instruments are the only instruments which CAN support all the songs ever released on music games.

*edit: I'm burning it right now, will let you guys know if it works, or if we're gonna have GH5 problems all over again
wink.gif

xCM Punkx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So does anyone know if this works on NTSC? I know your a bunch of brits on this site, I just wanted to know whether to bite the bullet and burn it or not.

kingofsnake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xCM Punkx said:
So does anyone know if this works on NTSC? I know your a bunch of brits on this site, I just wanted to know whether to bite the bullet and burn it or not.

D/L and try it, look at the country flags of the posters in this thread.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it'll be released in the US sometime soon. And this is definately worth buying, the new instruments are just awesome.

Oh yeah, and all the remastered Beatles came out on the same day. So pick them up too.

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hero-Link said:
Guitars from Guitar hero,

Drums From rockband

Trust me.

So glad this is out. :J

SkankyYankee

GBAtemp Advanced Skank
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
DjoeN said:
I don't get the whole rockband hype
tongue.gif

Not my kind of stuff and i preffer strings instead of buttons:D
Harmonix set the GH/RB games to be pure rhythm games. Of course I could play most of these myself, I could form a tribute band and play the songs and maybe earn some money singing badly but these games are just meant to be pure fun in your living room. Its like singing along to your favourite songs only in game form.

Again I could play along with my guitar but then I also like to unlock challenges and so on. To me its just the same as Dance Dance Revolution and other rhythm titles. With a group of people who can't play instruments (which is most I know) its a lot of fun and there lies the appeal, its like karaoke. Some people love it some people hate it.

In my experience most people who know and took time how to play the real thing think the guitar is a joke.
It is virtual air guitar essentially. I have all the respect in the world for real artists. I used to write songs but cant play a lick. I used to be into Stepmania on the keyboard so this is right up my alley. It is a karaoke thing. Especially with rock band which took the harmonix karaoke revolution engine for vocals which is better imho.

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SkankyYankee said:
In my experience most people who know and took time how to play the real thing think the guitar is a joke.

That's cause most of them don't like the learning curve to playing 'fake' guitar, while they can play the actual thing. They lose sight of the fun factor for which this is intended and get stuck on comparing it to the actual instrument.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
all the remastered Beatles came out on the same day. So pick them up too.
The remasters are nothing special, its like the record company made them that why so they can release another set of remasters in a few years just like the last set of remasters they did.

You'd be better off with the Dr Ebbetts remasters, they mast the original vinyl sound perfectly.

Tetram

Trophies
XP
Country
France
SkankyYankee said:
It is virtual air guitar essentially. I have all the respect in the world for real artists. I used to write songs but cant play a lick. I used to be into Stepmania on the keyboard so this is right up my alley. It is a karaoke thing. Especially with rock band which took the harmonix karaoke revolution engine for vocals which is better imho.

Well, I've met a lot of guitarists who enjoyed playing Rock Band/Guitar Hero as soon as they keep in mind that this is a game, not a simulation.
I play piano, so I more or less a musician too and know what it means to learn how to play : RB/GH is fun from the very begining, and it is designed for that and just for that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: That counts as a software update :tpi: