Wii #1494 - Metroid Prime: Trilogy (USA)

sk0ld

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
friidump .4: MD5.....: 823df1c3c425f1383529f368f6479359
which is odd because that doesn't match what else is floating around.

flameo200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having the same GX problem as some others...menu works fine, booting MP1,2, or 3 not so much.

Would another loader work better?

Falcon92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So which cIOS/Trucha signed IOS is needed to be modified for the wii to access the second layer properly ? CIOSCORP seems to have broken the double layer support in my wii.
dry.gif

superkris

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lakerfanalways said:
Hero-Link said:
Lakerfanalways said:
I have a d2pro mod chip and the wii is soft modded(firmware 4.0) do I just burn the game and play it through the disc channel or do I need to do something else. Do I need the alt-dol thing too. I'm new at burning DL disks on a wii so I want to make sure its done correctly. Thanks

since you have a modchip, just burn it into a Dual Layer DVD and you will be fine, no need to use such trivial methods...

modchips are the easiest way to play backups.

Thank you so much! I assume it will fit on a dual layer since it says this 7.91 GB (8,497,659,953 bytes) I already removed the update using the Wii blocker program I have on my computer, so I don't need to change any alt-dol thing, just burn it, pop it into the Wii and play it through the Disc Channel? Do I need to put in the layer break into the imgburn before I burn it? If I do, how do I do that?

Why is my dump (made using friidump and an compatible LG drive) is 7.92 GB (8,511,160,320 bytes)???

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
flameo200 said:
Having the same GX problem as some others...menu works fine, booting MP1,2, or 3 not so much.

Would another loader work better?
This has been already addressed in other threads. You must select Alternate DOL from disk (may not work in GX, try NeoGamma loader!). Then simply pick the corresponding for each game. They are numbered 1,2 and 3. Once you pick it and load, it'll boot directly into that game. It's actually very fast way to get right in-game as well I might add!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Falcon92 said:
So which cIOS/Trucha signed IOS is needed to be modified for the wii to access the second layer properly ? CIOSCORP seems to have broken the double layer support in my wii.
dry.gif

you need to use a cIOS with DL support (I'm using cIOS_r10) or a cIOS35 from CIOScorp_v1 (wich have the DIP7)

enlargedhousecat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when I try to load it It goes to the system menu with cios14 In a game channel with cloader and says "please insert metroid prime disc" on cios 10

EvilHeadBoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I have a recommendation for something this game deserves.
Is it possible to rip prime 1 & 2 from the trilogy iso, and place them in the Japanese versions. That way (most importantly) each game gets their original title screen (which are all amazing!) and a cool banner in the wii menu. Not to mention, on a usb loader, it would be cool to view all the games individually.

Either that or a metroid prime 2 translation for the japanese version

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
this damn game has cost me 4 dl dvds so far and still not working, tho they may have all been my dvd-dl drive problem, 3 of em stopped at 50% and other one failed to "finalize" dvd, using imgburn and layerbreak, any ideas? using wasabi modchip as well...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1