Wii #1371 - EA SPORTS™ Grand Slam Tennis (USA)

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can some one please answer trainerabu's question... i think he has the back up launcher... and i have it also please answer us...

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
WiiMotion+ sucks with this game. I took the WM+ off mid match, and started playing better. But it still takes too many of my 'wind-ups' (to prepare for a real swing), as a swing... and then it puts my character out of position for my actual swing. WM+ does work... as Tiger Woods 10 is amazing with this... that game you can really see the difference WM+ makes.

In practice mode... it doesn't appear to be 1:1 like the demo video is getting. It's quite choppy and he doesn't always show it on left or right side when i hold it as such... but almost all my swings are correct (Forehand/backhand)... but not always with the slice/topspin.

Edit: on another note... i just tried to play old fashion wii sports style (you know, waggle in any direction, just time it right) with WM+ still connected... and I'm playing better then if I try and play normally.

EvanUnisil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
berlinka said:
Hmmwell, I just tried this game (pal version) today with WMP and it almost seems as if there's something wrong with the game.

When you like at the guy in this video

he shows how he turns left/right/up/down and the character does exactly the same.

Well I tried exactly the moves that he does (also racket up/down moves) and the character looks more like a breakdancer on steroids (leftrightleftrightrightleft).
It's insane. There just has to be something wrong with thist game. The motherfucker can't even stand still for a moment.

With Virtua Tennis and TW10 I had no problems. Could it be that GST has to install an update first for the WMP to run correctly?

I'm curious, there's only been one person to say he got motion+ to work right and that was shredman. Tell us, did you manage to get it to work like in this video??

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
TrainerAbu said:
Whenever I pick to play against someone, it connects to them and the round starts, but then I instantly get a "Connection to opponent(s) lost" or whatever message and have to quit. Tried 5 more times and same thing kept happening. =(

QUOTE(DJPlace @ Jun 13 2009, 01:54 AM) can some one please answer trainerabu's question... i think he has the back up launcher... and i have it also please answer us...
I'm getting the same issue D:!
I wonder if the backup launcher has something to do with it...

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
berlinka said:
Hmmwell, I just tried this game (pal version) today with WMP and it almost seems as if there's something wrong with the game.

When you like at the guy in this video

he shows how he turns left/right/up/down and the character does exactly the same.

Well I tried exactly the moves that he does (also racket up/down moves) and the character looks more like a breakdancer on steroids (leftrightleftrightrightleft).
It's insane. There just has to be something wrong with thist game. The motherfucker can't even stand still for a moment.

With Virtua Tennis and TW10 I had no problems. Could it be that GST has to install an update first for the WMP to run correctly?
You need to get into the neutral position after every ball, because the W+ is always calibrated after you hit a ball in this game... Why they decided to do this I don`t know! Hopefully VT09 is not like this. But I haven`t tried it, yet.

EvanUnisil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using a D2Pro and not having any issues with playing people online, save for the fact that the game controls horribly and so I just keep losing.

I just gave the game another go with the significant other and there's definitely something wrong with how this is controlling. I think it must have something to do with the pirated copy, I had the same issue of the WiiMotion+ video crashing back to the Wii system menu. It just doesn't make sense that they would release this game with such shoddy controls. And watching that video... even after he's done talking, the character is still moving with his hand movements, there doesn't seem to be any tricks... I dunno. I really want to like this game because of the split screen multiplayer. If Virtua Tennis had that I'd have the perfect tennis game.

MasterMo - I tried that too. In VT09 you aim the wii remote at the screen to calibrate it, but they actually wait for you to do it, which is why it's always calibrated and the WM+ works so well. In GST I've tried not moving the remote whatsoever between points, I've tried aiming it at the screen, I've tried everything and it still doesn't calibrate correctly.

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
did anyone get the same accuracy as the guy demonstrating the controls in the video posted here? i cannot EVERRRR get that. im in practice mode, trying my hardest to get the same accuracy but its impossible! w/ or w/o a nunchuck nothing changes!

EvanUnisil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
phantastic91 said:
did anyone get the same accuracy as the guy demonstrating the controls in the video posted here? i cannot EVERRRR get that. im in practice mode, trying my hardest to get the same accuracy but its impossible! w/ or w/o a nunchuck nothing changes!

When I put the nunchuk in the motionplus stops working on the serve. I dunno man this thing is pretty bad. If only they had the VT gameplay to this design it would be waaaay better

I've been trying to find some advice on how to play this game correctly and I found this. Reading through it, it seems like way too much trouble to get this game to work the way it should be. The least they could've done was the calibration thing that VT has. But whatever, I'm probably only going to play VT 1 player and wait for the next tennis game with good motion+ control and split screen multiplayer.

shredman

Trophies
XP
Country
OK - here goes....

You do need to calibrate your WM+

Hold it steady for 2 seconds about waist high...
Whenever you hold the racquet (wiimote) steady for 2 seconds it recalibrates - so....

Pick a position in front of your TV/Plasma/Display device (central is good)

NB. This part assumes that you have calibrated your wiimote correctly in the first place through the settings menu...

You make movements from here and to the left and to the right (try not to move too much in either direction)

In between points you must hold the racquet (wiimote) in the ready position in front of you as you had at the start...
This will mean that you dont let the WM+ recalibrate in the wrong position and...

Thats it!

As far as connecting online - the manual (which I'm sure most of you priates don't have!
smile.gif
states that the Wii should be placed
in a DMZ from your router (this will help connections) and a minimum of 1.5MB/s DSL is required to play this without lag....

The manual also states that you can port forward certain ports but I can't remember which ones they are - its easier just
to put the Wii in a DMZ. Consult your router manual for details.

Check out this YT vid (by someone on the EA.com forums - bigfunballs to be exact...)

Keeping this in mind (below) might make it easier for you to understand the motions
(I still use a different grip and it seems to work better for my topspin shots....)

moteb.jpg

Use the bottom picture as reference for your ready/recalibrate central position
(with the wiimote out in front of you and d-pad facing towards the ceiling)

SHREDMAN

EvanUnisil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just played a few games online... the first game, I won a point but they awarded it to the other guy (it wasn't out and they didn't say 'out', I hit it in, the guy didn't make it, the replay was played but it was 30-0?!) then the other guy hit the ball out but still got the point (40-0) then I hit it out but they call 'out' and so I lost. Game 2 of the set. The guy hits it out TWICE and gets the points, I hit it out once and get a point, hit it out again and lose the point. I beat him again, this time the ball was in, and he gets the point again (45-15)! Pathetic!

So I quit that game. Played again. This time the lag was so bad that when the guy served you would see him hit the ball really slowly (laggy) and then the lag would 'catch up' so the ball sped past me. He aced me four times and then HE quit the game.

I really wanted to like this game but in the end, I'm hugely disappointed. It has all the right options (split screen multiplayer, nice online options) but the gameplay is just too horrendous. Virtua Tennis has the great gameplay but the online play options aren't as well setup as GST and the two player isn't split screen so when you're not serving it's almost impossible to play.

The two should make a super tennis team and make the best Wii tennis game out there.

mark.m.moran

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on softmodded 4.2E and it won't load using NeoGamma R7. I didn't brickblock it, should I have done this?

Cheers guys,
M

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work