Wii #0607 - Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (USA)

mantorras

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
awesome, i hope this will be the game that will change the minds of my wii-haters-pes-lovers friends!

downloading right now, but too slow
frown.gif
i couldn't find RS links and i hold an account right now *sighs*

Horrorwood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
theclaw said:
Before anyone asks, no. I do not have anything against PAL itself. Quite the opposite in fact!

I'd love to own a PAL Wii. Problem is... Unlike Europe where nearly all TVs accept both formats, next to none sold in the US do. I've never even been able to confirm their existence. Which means unlike you guys importing a US or Japan Wii, I probably have to import a TV also.

It should work fine, the wii just outputs 576i as normal, and you can change it to 480p.

Chinman

Trophies
XP
Country
did you follow the tutorial, what exactly is the problem, i had a slight problem dribbling but i realised that you either have to use the wiimote or the joystick, dont use both at the same time or he wont dribble properly, takes getting used to, dont know if i prefer it to the conventional way of playing footy but it sure is different. i found that you need some peripheral vison to play this game, while trying to accurately pass with the wiimote, i keep getting tackled while looking at the other side of the screen. getting used to it now, scored some goals, nothing i would call spectacular like i usually do
smile.gif

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, maybe. Then I'd have to somehow navigate the menus in 576i to find the 480p option. I thought most PAL GC games don't support 480p, which would make them unplayable.

I'm not so sure. Guess I'll have to import a TV set... You guys are lucky just about every brand offers dual format models there, we don't usually get them.
mad.gif

zeckyD

Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
What language does the usa version got ? ( It's not a stpid question sometimes other languages are included )

Chinman

Trophies
XP
Country
julian: have since played a bit more and worked out even tho you need to either use the joystick and wiimote one at a time (for basic dribbling), it helps to use a combination of the two, joystick for slow precise dribbling and wiimote to make the runs. you cant just dribble with the joystick as you cant run, and you cant just dribble with the wiimote as their response with the ball is much less than with the joystick. was finding this game frustrating and goalless. maybe i'm just crap, but have since scored a lot more goals since realising this. (the 2 control technique, not the fact im crap)

Julian017

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yee_tsou said:
julian: have since played a bit more and worked out even tho you need to either use the joystick and wiimote one at a time (for basic dribbling), it helps to use a combination of the two, joystick for slow precise dribbling and wiimote to make the runs. you cant just dribble with the joystick as you cant run, and you cant just dribble with the wiimote as their response with the ball is much less than with the joystick. was finding this game frustrating and goalless. maybe i'm just crap, but have since scored a lot more goals since realising this. (the 2 control technique, not the fact im crap)

Ah thanks for your reaction, I was indeed using the wii mote and joystick at the same time. I'm gonna try it later today
smile.gif
Thanks
grog.gif

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Julian017 said:
Anyone else having trouble with dribbeling? I just cant get this to work right
wacko.gif

I've found there are other options other than just pressing A and letting them chase the arrow. I've read a bit on this game and never saw anyone mention them.

If you keep the A button in you can use the nunchuk stick to do things. Forward makes him tap the ball forward then chase it, sort of a speed boost. Left and Right are little dinky dummy type moves and Back is a sort of drag back.

You must keep the A button in though. If you just drag an arrow for them to run to and leave go of A, moving the nunchuk stick will just cancel the run. Keep the A button in and use the stick for tricks.

I've never actually done this stuff in a game, I was messing about in free practice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night.