Wii #0592 - Super Smash Bros Brawl (USA)

ppkhoa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm using JPN Wii and SSBB work fine without any UPDATE when i inserted the disk. I burn it with Verbatim DVD+DL at MAX speed (8.0x), it's works fine and the movie was very smooth ! Oh, i forgot, I'm using Wiikey 1.9g and I burnt the disk WITHOUT layer break. There isn't any noise from the drive like the JP SSBB, this US SSBB much more quiet than the J one

bluebright

Trophies
Website
www.portablespacemuseum.com
XP
Country
stonersteve said:
Has anybody been able to get past the level where pokemon trainer joins lucas in Adventure mode, the screen freezes and theres a loud noise, like a fog horn that doesnt stop. Im using PAL wii with D2CKey burned with IMGburn at 2.4 and I set the layer break, Philips double layer DVD+RW (I've only just noticed its a DVD+RW...should this matter?)

That happens because you've used squirtles water beam. Thats the normal B attack. That usually only freezes like that in SP but in multi it should be fine.

Also, anyword on whether video changer is required to get that 'magic' PAL 480i to 480p trick working?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
allbons said:
I have from time to time the green text DRE ("Disc could not be read, eject it and power off console" or something like that).

Any fix for this issue ?

thats what i would like to know as i can't complete classic mode becasue of this
frown.gif

allbons

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
And another question :
For PAL users, what is the point in burning this game on expensive dual layer DVDR, while your Wii wont be able to read the 2nd layer because you didn't update?

bluebright

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Yo, jalaneme, did you get 480p working? All I can remember is you had a bad burn and you went to do another one.

EDIT:

allbons said:
And another question :
For PAL users, what is the point in burning this game on expensive dual layer DVDR, while your Wii wont be able to read the 2nd layer because you didn't update?

DVD's arn't expensive, and you don't need to update to read the second layer. Thanks for playing though.

stonersteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bluebright said:
stonersteve said:
Has anybody been able to get past the level where pokemon trainer joins lucas in Adventure mode, the screen freezes and theres a loud noise, like a fog horn that doesnt stop. Im using PAL wii with D2CKey burned with IMGburn at 2.4 and I set the layer break, Philips double layer DVD+RW (I've only just noticed its a DVD+RW...should this matter?)

That happens because you've used squirtles water beam. Thats the normal B attack. That usually only freezes like that in SP but in multi it should be fine.

Thanks bluebright...I got through the level now
grog.gif

Viictoriio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My patched iso works perfect in that case. All modes and movies seem to work fine at 60Hz PAL, fullscreen. Previous patches I tried didn't give me fullscreen, a lower part of the screen where the scores are displayed was missing.

But now it's fine.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
allbons said:
I have from time to time the green text DRE ("Disc could not be read, eject it and power off console" or something like that).

Any fix for this issue ?

thats what i would like to know as i can't complete classic mode becasue of this
frown.gif

Did you guys use the layerbreak?

daq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yep ive run into the same problem of the game freezing and a loud fog horn type noise when using marios water cannon a few times during the stage..is there a patch or way to fix this (other than not using mario)

bluebright

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
daq said:
yep ive run into the same problem of the game freezing and a loud fog horn type noise when using marios water cannon a few times during the stage..is there a patch or way to fix this (other than not using mario)

The same way stonersteve got through that squirtle level...just dont use marios fludd pak and you should be fine.

taramas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
oh my god...i read this thread from yesterday and cant find any solution for my problem.

I played the Jap version just fine,did the update with the additional channels...

-Downloaded the Ntsc version

-change the region to Pal

-Burn it withought any layer specific options with a same dl disc as the jap one.

-The wii cant even read the disc..i cant hear the lazer working...

I could really appreciate any help...
cry.gif

pal wii with cyclowiz

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Viictoriio said:
My patched iso works perfect in that case. All modes and movies seem to work fine at 60Hz PAL, fullscreen. Previous patches I tried didn't give me fullscreen, a lower part of the screen where the scores are displayed was missing.

But now it's fine.

What did u use to patch it? did u use layerbreak and do u get random dre?

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I paid 10 Euro for a DL Disc, does this work on PAL do i need any patches or could i better wait until PAL Release(Really won't throw away that 10 Euro)

laurenz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I see people taling about changing video modes for PAL consoles. So what's the real difference between 50HZ, 60HZ, 480p or 480i? I mean, does it affect the actual gameplay or the speed of the game?

funkinlesson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ganons said:
Viictoriio said:

But now it's fine.

The game also works fine for me. I patched it with Trucha Signer using the INF file in post 9 of this thread: -

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=76736&st=0

I used RegionFrii on the ISO, and then burned the game using ImgBurn without specifying a particular layer break. I'm using a WiiKey though, so I don't know if you need to specify a layer break for the game to work with other mod chips. The first time you play the game, it will show as a Wii system update in the disc channel. Click on it and it'll go through the update process, but because the game has been patched it won't actually update so you don't get duplicate channels. I think it just fools the Wii into thinking the update has taken place.

I've had no DREs, no green screens, no slow down, no parts of the screen being cut off - it seems fine. I think quality media helps. I always use Verbatim dual layers, and I've never had a problem with Xbox 360 games.

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
daq said:

Mario's water cannon is a game crashing machine. First level of SSE, use it a few times and game freeze. Even when you go to controls configuration and test out the moves, the game uses Mario as demo to set up your controls and it freezes when using his water cannon there too. With a very annoying loud pitch screaming noise.

The game has just frozen with the same screaming noise while watching in spectator mode while trying to read up on it so maybe it's media problems. But I remember a lot of people reporting game crashing with Mario's cannon with the caravan release. It does seem strange that it's always that move that causes the crash, it's not just a random thing.

legendofninny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
funkinlesson said:
ganons said:
Viictoriio said:

But now it's fine.

The game also works fine for me. I patched it with Trucha Signer using the INF file in post 9 of this thread: -

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=76736&st=0

I used RegionFrii on the ISO, and then burned the game using ImgBurn without specifying a particular layer break. I'm using a WiiKey though, so I don't know if you need to specify a layer break for the game to work with other mod chips. The first time you play the game, it will show as a Wii system update in the disc channel. Click on it and it'll go through the update process, but because the game has been patched it won't actually update so you don't get duplicate channels. I think it just fools the Wii into thinking the update has taken place.

I've had no DREs, no green screens, no slow down, no parts of the screen being cut off - it seems fine. I think quality media helps. I always use Verbatim dual layers, and I've never had a problem with Xbox 360 games.

what kinda tv are you using cause I had brawl (japanese) and on my tv samsung widescreen hd-ready there is a part of the screen cut of (bottom part not much but a little)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...