Wii #0592 - Super Smash Bros Brawl (USA)

killer23d

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jaems said:
I have finally finished downloaded, but am hesitating to burn because I only have one DL disc left, and I'm scared of all these errors and shit I'm hearing about in this topic.

Can anyone tell me what is suggested for my situation?:
NTSC-U Wii, 3.2U
Wiikey 1.9g

I do use the DVD9 Japanese version, but have to switch it with the DVD5 to boot it up.

So what is suggested to get this damn thing to work? :/

Just burn them with some quality DVD+R DL and it should be fine. My report here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1022844

TheVirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
Used HP media from Walmart (no other choice right now) and it updated the Wii, went to create a save file and then white screened with some clicking. Gave me a green screen DRE. OpenWii 2.4 with no layer break. Reburning now with 2084960 layer break.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I can now say that swapping the file with the voices works...but I haven't unlocked any of the characters to check with those. Also, I'm wondering if they dubbed Marth in this one...?

chrono03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a disc error 0001 unauthorized device.. i loaded the ISO using trucha signer, extraded the main.dol, used balli's tool to disable the drive protection, put the main.dol back in the image, re-signed it and burned it.. Voila.. working and no error 0001

xanadunl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got Pal Wii with WiiKey 1.9g and firmware 3.2E.
First tried SSBB Brickblocked and then Regionfriid, burned with newest ImgBurn on DVD+R, default settings, game is seen by Wii, but stays black.
Then tried SSBB without altering the ISO, burned with newest ImgBurn on DVD+R, game is seen, when booted I get a green screen saying the disc cannot be read, refer to manual.

Hope this helps someone, and maybe someone has info for me.
smile.gif

TheVirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
Burned with a layer break and I get the same thing.

'An error has occured.
Press the Eject Button, remove the Game Disc,
and turn the power off. Please read the Wii
Operations Manual for more information.'

In green. Wii clicks quite a lot as well when it hits the white screen.

iffy525

not famous
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
golden said:
roboz said:
golden said:
Hmm, this game seems like it has potential. Anyone heard of this game or know how good it is? My friends all have been waiting for it forever. Don't know what the big deal is. Never heard of "Super Smash Bros." Anyone know if it is worth picking up when it hits the bargain bin?
You must not be a real gamer if you never heard/played super smash bros.. Basically it's a pretty fun fighting game that is kind of like Nintendo's Halo.
Nintendo's Halo? Ah, I see. So it is a gun and gore game. Will, seems kind of misleading with Mario and friends on it. If it is similar to Halo's violence then it should at least be rated M.
By "Nintendo's Halo" he means that SSBB is Nintendo's most anticipated game, like how Halo 3 was Microsoft's most anticipated game. SSBB is not an FPS. It is a fast-paced fighting game.

curiousmike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a USA Wii with a Wiikey that's at version 1.9whatever.
I've never tried the Jap version.

I bought the retail version, and it didn't work.

I pulled down the version from newsgroups, and didn't do *anything* to the ISO image.
Burned using ImgBurn at 2.4x with a Fujifilm DL +R disc.

It came up, did a system update. I let it do the system update.

The game booted up the first time out.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iffy525 said:
By "Nintendo's Halo" he means that SSBB is Nintendo's most anticipated game, like how Halo 3 was Microsoft's most anticipated game. SSBB is not an FPS. It is a fast-paced fighting game.

Fast-paced my left foot.

splattered

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok since there are... 39(!) pages, i'm going to ask here...

If we have a Cyclowiz with 3.5 firmware (not 3.6 which bypasses disc error in SMG/SSBB), can we use trucha to remove the disc check protection in SSBB and play it like normal? Would 3.5 even read DVD9 discs?

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiKey 1.9g
Wii 3.2U
Burned at 4x with Nero on Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R DL, no break specified.

Disc read perfectly first time and system update showed in the disc channel. Ran update with no problems. Wii rebooted and SSBB showed up in disc channel. Started SSBB and got the #001 error. Powered off and tried again with same result. Loaded a backup of SMG to confirm it was still working, and it played fine. Tried SSBB again and got the #001 error. Unplugged Wii and tried one more time and of course still got the #001.

I guess I'll have to edit the ISO. I'm curious why the #001 shows up on some WiiKeys and not others. I never ran the NTSC-J version.

UPDATE: Patched the specific byte, signed, burned a new disc with the same settings. Loaded up fine, created save file and then gave me the green text DRE. Restarted it and haven't had any troubles since. The loads that take place at the title screen sure do make that laser jump around on the disc. I'll try a few more burns at different settings with the unpatched ISO and see if I still get the #001.

chrono03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lazycus said:
WiiKey 1.9g
Wii 3.2U
Burned at 4x with Nero on Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R DL, no break specified.

Disc read perfectly first time and system update showed in the disc channel. Ran update with no problems. Wii rebooted and SSBB showed up in disc channel. Started SSBB and got the #001 error. Powered off and tried again with same result. Loaded a backup of SMG to confirm it was still working, and it played fine. Tried SSBB again and got the #001 error. Unplugged Wii and tried one more time and of course still got the #001.

I guess I'll have to edit the ISO. I'm curious why the #001 shows up on some WiiKeys and not others. I never ran the NTSC-J version.

I had the exact same issue. I used trucha signer to remove the disc detection and re burned it and now the game works flawlessly... verbatim is super high quality media, as i rarely hear my drive seeking for data. refer to my process below to fix ur game

1) follow the trucha tutorial posted on this website somewhere (search is your friend)
2) load the ssbb iso
3) go into the second partition, extract the main.dol
4) load the main.dol with the baili tool and hit " remove 001. then hit SAVE. if you do not hit save, it wont fix it.
5) In trucha signer, right click the main.dol that you just extracted and hit replace
6) right click the partition in trucha signer and resign the partition
7) burn using imgburn or nero and dont bother specifying a layer break, it isnt needed
8) enjoy and PM with questions.

georgel007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xanadunl said:
I got Pal Wii with WiiKey 1.9g and firmware 3.2E.
First tried SSBB Brickblocked and then Regionfriid, burned with newest ImgBurn on DVD+R, default settings, game is seen by Wii, but stays black.
Then tried SSBB without altering the ISO, burned with newest ImgBurn on DVD+R, game is seen, when booted I get a green screen saying the disc cannot be read, refer to manual.

Hope this helps someone, and maybe someone has info for me.
smile.gif
same for me. tried both traxdata and verbatim dvd +r dl, doesn't work

Shiranui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG.... I think I'm loosing it... Like, no one wants to help us? after 38 pages no one took his time to help us PAL users? Why? No, really, why? I know alot of people here got it working on 50hz on PAL consoles, but non of them seem to care about the rest who are confused.... Come on! It will take you 5 minutes! 5 minutes that's all...
For the third time here - I have a PAL Wii with Wiikey 1.9g FW 3.1E, Region Override is ON, and I don't care about the dual channels, what do I do? Step by step instructions please...

dvanderb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So.. I had the "Game disc could not be read" problem mid intro video. I tried this with YAOSM 3.0 RC1 and Wiikey 1.9g on the same wii. I thought I might have to adjust the pot.. but instead i first just took a dry q-tip and rubbed it lightly on the laser.. hooked it up.. and voila.. it worked. I played a few rounds.. no more problems. Hopefully some of you can avoid laser adjustments just by taking Nintendo's advice and cleaning the laser head.

Burned on Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R DL with a Pioneer 111D.

bluebright

Trophies
Website
www.portablespacemuseum.com
XP
Country
Shiranui said:
OMG.... I think I'm loosing it... Like, no one wants to help us? after 38 pages no one took his time to help us PAL users? Why? No, really, why? I know alot of people here got it working on 50hz on PAL consoles, but non of them seem to care about the rest who are confused.... Come on! It will take you 5 minutes! 5 minutes that's all...
For the third time here - I have a PAL Wii with Wiikey 1.9g FW 3.1E, Region Override is ON, and I don't care about the dual channels, what do I do? Step by step instructions please...

What the hell is wrong with you just read the damn thread like the rest of us.

Freaking hell, the first post on this page tells you what do. Don't be so lazy next time.

EDIT: Here it is since it may be to hard for you to scroll to the top of the page:

QUOTE(curiousmike @ Mar 11 2008, 01:33 PM) I've got a USA Wii with a Wiikey that's at version 1.9whatever.
I've never tried the Jap version.

I bought the retail version, and it didn't work.

I pulled down the version from newsgroups, and didn't do *anything* to the ISO image.
Burned using ImgBurn at 2.4x with a Fujifilm DL +R disc.

It came up, did a system update. I let it do the system update.

The game booted up the first time out.

If you don't care about dual channels do exactly what he did.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to