Wii #0558 - Winning Eleven Play Maker 2008 (Japan)

gambit420

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
i played both games pes 08 and fifa08 on xbox360 and played pes 08 on ps 3.

pes is far better than fifa in gameplay and if you got skills, nobody will score 10 goals in ten minutes.

fifa is not bad but my friends and me personaly like pes more

badabing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Famitsu gave this game a 9-9-8-9: 35. That's a VERY nice score indeed. When can we get the PAL (or USA) version?

katsuce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
i played both games pes 08 and fifa08 on xbox360 and played pes 08 on ps 3.

pes is far better than fifa in gameplay and if you got skills, nobody will score 10 goals in ten minutes.

fifa is not bad but my friends and me personaly like pes more

I guess I still got some skill left, I finished second in a HUGE tourney in Paris (France) 2 years ago, playing with Juventus. Second, when there are hundreds of players, is not that bad.

and yet, it's still possible to me to score 10 goals to another skilled players. just try (on ps3, pc or 360) to get through the sides, they're always empty (crappy AI)

but, I forgot to say: Pes 2008 (ps2) > fifa 08 (next gen) > pes 2008 (next gen, pc) > fifa 08 (ps2, pc)

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
In other news, no you can't play with a GC or Classic Controller. But the control scheme is awesome, and a football game finally feels a bit closer to playing some real football.
Bummer! But thanks for confirming. I'm fine with the new controls, if they're done well. But I'm afraid I won't be able to get my PS3/XBOX360 owning pals to learn and practice the Wii-specific setup. No local multiplayer for me then, I'm afraid.

Speed Freak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
thing is Fifa HAS been revamped this year. well, here's the thing:

PES is the same as before, less and less realistic, but awesome for those who like to score 10 goals in a 10 minutes match

Fifa is... well, Fifa08 (and this one only) is like a real football game... scoring more than 3 goals in a 10 minutes match is really hard, the AI is really tough, and you get to see something that really IS like a real football game

and I'm not talking about graphics here, fifa08 could have PS1 graphics, it'd still be more realistic than Pes 2008

Dude, whether you're a gifted WE player, or you need to adjust the difficulty level on your game. Fifa is the only football game I know you can play an entire match pressing only the shoot button.

Back to the thread, does anybody know how to effectively play on the defense? My players are more like fortunate supporters (for having such a good place to watch the game) than a team trying to recover the ball. The offensive controls felt natural after a few plays, but the defense is giving me a hard time...

xRfs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
thing is Fifa HAS been revamped this year. well, here's the thing:

PES is the same as before, less and less realistic, but awesome for those who like to score 10 goals in a 10 minutes match

Fifa is... well, Fifa08 (and this one only) is like a real football game... scoring more than 3 goals in a 10 minutes match is really hard, the AI is really tough, and you get to see something that really IS like a real football game

and I'm not talking about graphics here, fifa08 could have PS1 graphics, it'd still be more realistic than Pes 2008

Dude, whether you're a gifted WE player, or you need to adjust the difficulty level on your game. Fifa is the only football game I know you can play an entire match pressing only the shoot button.

Back to the thread, does anybody know how to effectively play on the defense? My players are more like fortunate supporters (for having such a good place to watch the game) than a team trying to recover the ball. The offensive controls felt natural after a few plays, but the defense is giving me a hard time...

yes defense its hard , shuld wait for us version for tutorial , wanna change fried codes to play =)
?

wprpalmeida

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hey Speed, there are two methods of defending
the first one is pressing the opponent that has the ball. in order to press him, you just need to click one of your players that you wish to press the guy with the ball with, with the button A
you can also set marking for players without the ball. simply drag one of your players to an opponent player that doesnt have the ball.

this game fucking rules. no one can stop nedved's passes. FORZA JUVE! (too bad Cruzeiro is not in the game...)

yohagain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will it work even if I haven't updated my Wiikey to 1.9g?
This may sound dumb, but does this one have Master League or is it like Wii's FIFA, that didn't have Manager Mode?

Thanks!

Speed Freak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
hey Speed, there are two methods of defending
the first one is pressing the opponent that has the ball. in order to press him, you just need to click one of your players that you wish to press the guy with the ball with, with the button A
you can also set marking for players without the ball. simply drag one of your players to an opponent player that doesnt have the ball.

this game fucking rules. no one can stop nedved's passes. FORZA JUVE! (too bad Cruzeiro is not in the game...)

Great advice, thanks! This is the best game I've ever played regarding attack. Positioning and playmaking are awesome! (No wonder it's called play maker...)
tongue.gif

And now there's also a new learning curve, that makes experienced "PS2 style" players and newcomers play at the same level, which is good. I had nice laugh playing it against a friend and the final score was 5x3. But before Katsuce says anything, I must warn you that neither of us knew how to play defense!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work