Wii #0529 - Dairantou Smash Brothers X (Japan)

• Thread starter JPH
  • Start date
  • Views 164,039
  • Replies 961
  • Likes 1

L0cky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ok guys what worked for me to solve the freezing and white screen errors was putting my wii horizontal instead vertical in the stand.
movies dont freeze anymore so far no errors anymore
could be that the wii cant read the disc properly on its side

Xtreamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
those people who have a fully working ssmb copy how old is your machine and what chipset is
it based on..

Mine is one of the first wii batches that were sold on 2006 with panasonic D2A chipset.
and Im having random read errors during movie scenes..

also notices that if wiikey readspeed was 6x the game would not boot
but would only result in "white screen" changed read speed to 3x and the game
is working except for the random errors wich can be by-passed by ejecting
and re-inserting the disc..

Mine is a EU launch unit. Reading it at 6x speed. No errors yet.

what media are you using, burn speed and burner?
Verbatim DVD+DL, 4x speed burned, NEC 3520AW.

You have basicaly the same setup as mine, but I have LG H42N burner and I burnt the disc @ 2.4x
dunno maybe the verbatim dye requires higher speed to get better quality burn as it might have lower
error count..

coolbgdog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Idk whats wrong I get a white screen after the now loading screen. These DL discs costs too much money to waste so I'll just wait till i see a confirmation on what to do.

Akoji

+5 internets to psyfira for avatar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nobody know's about those error who comes out random in the middle of a game? Could it be because I would need to wash the CD the game works but I need to re-insert the DVD each time the game freeze.

joedodgy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It worked for me, I used RegionFrii 1.21 and the first partition from my brickblocked DVD5 wich I injected to my DVD9 image.
Now I can play the DVD9 without swaping.

thank you..thats what i wanted to see

open iso in regionfrii, right click first partition and inject the patch file (that ~2mb file) from brickblocker and away you go..
or you could just open an old iso and extract the 1st partition from that and inject it into the smashbros file..

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Works perfect on my Wiikey. PAL Wii.
Verbatim DVD+DL burned at 4x in nero Booktype DVD-ROM

Burned 1 Brickblocked DVD9 and 1 Original ISO DVD9.
Did the 15% swap trick with the original ISO DVD9.

No double channels.
You must got lots of DVD+/-DL to spare! XP

Anyway, I already downloaded the DVD5 and did the 15% update trick. Then I burn the DVD9 5 minutes BEFORE someone posted that a new version of WiiBrickBlock is out! x_x
In any case I burn it using Nero at 2.4x speed on Verbatim DVD+DL. NTSC Wii 3.1U with Wiikey 1.9g reading at 6x. I have NO problems or errors... except that now I have to load up the DVD5 first and swap the DVD9 disc when it says now loading. You don't have to wait to get to the in-game main screen. XP

Ceasama

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Every mode works with no issues. Played 40 percent through Subspace Emissary with no problems whatsoever (no freezing or errors in movies also).

Wiikey 1.9g
Firmware 3.1E
Previously used the 15% trick with the DVD5 version. No other modifications or updates since.
ISO was brickblocked and disc used was DVD+R DL Mitsubishi Kagaku (Verbatim) Burnt with Pioneer DVR-112D @ 2.4x.

Disc was instantly recognized and the game started just like the brickblocked DVD5 version did.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: For some reason despite Deflicker causing problems for PAL Wii's, provided it's off when you hit the menu screen you can turn it back on for the duration of your game. I haven't kept up with the thread since, like, page 30 so I'm not sure if anyone has already made that obvservation.
Just make sure you turn it off afterward I guess. =D

fenix4o9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To those who downloaded the dump through bittorent has your copy worked? Im kinda worried because the ones i have are only 7.92 gb only and have 84 rar files while the nfo said from Caravan differed...

Perhaps the rest of the space from the Usenet release is just par2 files.

EDIT: I can confirm that the copy I downloaded from Usenet is 7.92GB without par2 files. Your copy is safe.

what are the par2 files? are they important?

alright, so i've tried burning this twice, both on verbatim DL discs.

the first one burned at x8 froze at some of the movies, the second burned at x4 gives me a #001 error before it boots up (which i thought was very strange). But if I boot one of the other copies and then on the menu screen switch discs it runs just like the first and freezes on the movies.

Is anyone else getting a #001 error on wiikey that has been playing the SL release and SMG?
Did you get yours from bittorent?
unsure.gif
nope got it from usenet
ya i was using the swap trick. when i came home today i saw that a new brickblock was out so i busted out a new dvd dl and brickblocked and regiofrii my iso and burned it poped that bad boy in and error 001 came up after i hit start on the disk channel.. hmmmmm weird oh well back to the swap trick till someone figs this out maybe ill wait for the wiikey update and try again im not trying to waste anymore dvd dl . lol i was the ginnie pig yesterday
ph34r.gif

jjkm4a1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'm having issues as well.

I did the 15% trick using the DVD5 release.
Burned 2nd copy of the DVD5 using RegionFrii then the Brickblocker. Everything works 100%.

Now, as for the DVD9, I first used RegionFrii, then the new version of Brickblocker. Burned at 2.4x, and I'm getting the green-text error :'(

Should I cry or just go out and buy another dual layer DVD?

I used a 2.4x speed Verbatim +R DL disc. I'm using a USA wii, with a version 1.9g Wiikey.

fenix4o9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'm having issues as well.

I did the 15% trick using the DVD5 release.
Burned 2nd copy of the DVD5 using RegionFrii then the Brickblocker. Everything works 100%.

Now, as for the DVD9, I first used RegionFrii, then the new version of Brickblocker. Burned at 2.4x, and I'm getting the green-text error :'(

Should I cry or just go out and buy another dual layer DVD?

I used a 2.4x speed Verbatim +R DL disc. I'm using a USA wii, with a version 1.9g Wiikey.
im thinking wiikey is still a bit unstable for booting dvd 9.. i can do the swap trick with my dvd 5 brickblock regionfree
and swap it out for a dvd 9 brickblock and regionfii
but if i try to just load up the dvd 9 regionfrii and brickblocked i get error 001

Corneliuscack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiikey 1.9g, 3.1j firmware (did the full update with the dvd5 copy, had 3.1u firmware before update)

have dupe channels, however, the dvd9 copy runs perfectly; no need to swap or anything.

i burned the iso with imgburn at 2.4x speed and used memorex dvd+r dl media. no regionfrii or brickblocker patch was used (since I already did the full update)

at first, the game started up, but crashed at the intro and there was an error message in japanese, but then i reset it and booted up the game again, and after that it has been working like a charm.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Everyone with white screen issue (freeze at intro movie - no clicking past), please tell me what DVD+R DL booktype is set to in imgburn and what chip you have.

Trying to find out whether changing the booktype will help at all - Mine was set to DVD-ROM by default and I didn't change it, so maybe setting it to Normal and burning again would help. I'm reluctant to try, because DL DVDs are so expensive here - probably cheaper where you guys live.

soul2soul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Everyone with white screen issue (freeze at intro movie - no clicking past), please tell me what DVD+R DL booktype is set to in imgburn and what chip you have.

Trying to find out whether changing the booktype will help at all - Mine was set to DVD-ROM by default and I didn't change it, so maybe setting it to Normal and burning again would help. I'm reluctant to try, because DL DVDs are so expensive here - probably cheaper where you guys live.

What did you pay?
I paid 23 euro for 10 Verbatim. That's 2.30 per disc, not bad imo. A retail game costs 59 euro..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played