Wii #0529 - Dairantou Smash Brothers X (Japan)

• Thread starter JPH
  • Start date
  • Views 164,040
  • Replies 961
  • Likes 1

enriqueiglesias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
same here fully updated
all newest firmware
real wiikey also with latest firmware
verbatims at 2,4 speed on a pioneer 112d
used image burn
movies freezes some parts dont work

Of course, I'm assuming your are running the DVD9 version of the game burnt on DVD+R DL media
smile.gif
- Otherwise, it's normal not to be able to play movies/frozen wii with the DVD5 release.

Read the first post a few pages back IGN: Nintendo to Clean Japanese Wiis Over Smash Bros. Errors

enriqueiglesias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So you found no cases of people with d2cpro that can run the dvd9 game but several that couldn't?

Also, no wiinja users able to run it successfully either (w/o hotswap)?

L0cky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
same here fully updated
all newest firmware
used image burn

Of course, I'm assuming your are running the DVD9 version of the game burnt on DVD+R DL media
smile.gif
- Otherwise, it's normal not to be able to play movies/frozen wii with the DVD5 release.

Read the first post a few pages back IGN: Nintendo to Clean Japanese Wiis Over Smash Bros. Errors

yes i use the full version dvd9 but they gave me same errors as old release.
i dont think my lens is weak or dirty actually my lens read some disc that some wii's dont recognioze at all never had any reading problems

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States

Baiano19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a NTSC Wii, w/ 3.0U firmware and I can´t connect my Wii in the internet.

Do I have to use brickblocker to run the DVD5 version?
Will the 15% trick do too?

antpod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To those who downloaded the dump through bittorent has your copy worked? Im kinda worried because the ones i have are only 7.92 gb only and have 84 rar files while the nfo said from Caravan differed...

enriqueiglesias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
same here fully updated
all newest firmware
used image burn

smile.gif

yes i use the full version dvd9 but they gave me same errors as old release.
i dont think my lens is weak or dirty actually my lens read some disc that some wii's dont recognioze at all never had any reading problems

Well, your problems could (theoretically) be explained by your wii being unable to read the second layer of the media you used given these:
--You use the DVD5 version and get errors in one part of the game that also gives errors to absolutely anyone who plays de DVD5 version (because they are in the missing second layer). This happened mostly on the movies and some parts of the game, like you described.
--People who are successfully running the DVD9 version don't get the problems on those same spots of the game, but you still have problems with those parts of the game with the DVD9 (because they can read the second layer and you can't).

So perhaps you want to ask someone who has both, a successful DVD9 and a DVD5 to test for you if their DVD5 disc "freezes" at a specific point while their DVD9 disc runs. That way, you can be sure you are the only one having slow downs/freezes and that those are related to not reading the second layer correctly, since both of you fail with the DVD5 (second layer can't be read -- doesn't even exist!) and only you have problems with the DVD9 (the other person doesn't get the freeze/problem because he can read the second layer just fine, but you don't).

That test would confirm that your particular burner/media/chosen speed has problems allowing your wii to read the second layer. Of course then you could try different media/recorder/speed, although I see you already made good choices, but it doesn't hurt to try others.

If nothing works then ... well, your wii probably can't focus on the second layer properly, it seems. To double-confirm it, use GCOS to create yourself a multigame Gamecube disc with enough games to fill a Dual Layer disc and run it. If all the games just seem to run fine, that would void the theory and confirm that your wii IS reading the second layer fine and the problem is something else. Google MultiGame ISO Creator v3.2.4F+.

Please note that the way the modchips work don't really have much to do with the ability to read from the second layer (trust me in this even if you kind-of-heard otherwise), so don't suspect too much that your chip/chip firmware may be the cause. It's very unlikely. Besides, others with the same chip and chip firmware would've confirmed to you that their DVD9 Bross didn't freeze/etc on the same spots you had the problem.

Now you just have to find someone to do the tests with you
smile.gif
I don't even have a Wii, so I can't help.

Also .. I just thought of something ... are you by chance using your burning software (ie. imgburn) with settings "destined" to burn xbox-360 games (i.e. layerbreak fixed instead of allowing the software to determine the best spot automatically). Not sure if this could cause a problem, but just worth checking.

soul2soul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Works perfect on my Wiikey. PAL Wii.
Verbatim DVD+DL burned at 4x in nero Booktype DVD-ROM

Burned 1 Brickblocked DVD9 and 1 Original ISO DVD9.
Did the 15% swap trick with the original ISO DVD9.

No double channels.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
To those who downloaded the dump through bittorent has your copy worked? Im kinda worried because the ones i have are only 7.92 gb only and have 84 rar files while the nfo said from Caravan differed...
Perhaps the rest of the space from the Usenet release is just par2 files.

EDIT: I can confirm that the copy I downloaded from Usenet is 7.92GB without par2 files. Your copy is safe.

shark1987

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
alright, so i've tried burning this twice, both on verbatim DL discs.

the first one burned at x8 froze at some of the movies, the second burned at x4 gives me a #001 error before it boots up (which i thought was very strange). But if I boot one of the other copies and then on the menu screen switch discs it runs just like the first and freezes on the movies.

Is anyone else getting a #001 error on wiikey that has been playing the SL release and SMG?

Xtreamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
those people who have a fully working ssmb copy how old is your machine and what chipset is
it based on..

Mine is one of the first wii batches that were sold on 2006 with panasonic D2A chipset.
and Im having random read errors during movie scenes..

also notices that if wiikey readspeed was 6x the game would not boot
but would only result in "white screen" changed read speed to 3x and the game
is working except for the random errors wich can be by-passed by ejecting
and re-inserting the disc..

antpod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

EDIT: I can confirm that the copy I downloaded from Usenet is 7.92GB without par2 files. Your copy is safe.

what are the par2 files? are they important?

QUOTE(shark1987 @ Feb 5 2008, 07:16 PM)alright, so i've tried burning this twice, both on verbatim DL discs.

the first one burned at x8 froze at some of the movies, the second burned at x4 gives me a #001 error before it boots up (which i thought was very strange). But if I boot one of the other copies and then on the menu screen switch discs it runs just like the first and freezes on the movies.

Is anyone else getting a #001 error on wiikey that has been playing the SL release and SMG?
Did you get yours from bittorent?
unsure.gif

soul2soul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
those people who have a fully working ssmb copy how old is your machine and what chipset is
it based on..

Mine is one of the first wii batches that were sold on 2006 with panasonic D2A chipset.

Mine is a EU launch unit. Reading it at 6x speed. No errors yet.

Xtreamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it based on..

what media are you using, burn speed and burner?

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country

They are not important for torrenters, as they only fix corrupt files. The Bittorrent protocol has certain failsafes in it to prevent corruption, but Usenet does not. Occasionally my Usenet downloads have some corruption and it's quickly fixed inside my client (alt.binz) with par2s. I have never had a single problem with corruption in torrents. You should be fine.

shark1987

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Did you get yours from bittorent?
unsure.gif
nope got it from usenet

Crippler666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nah I'll wait for the US release, i dont want to brick or get duplicate channels or whatsoever, i dont even want to risk running a japanese update

soul2soul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it based on..

what media are you using, burn speed and burner?
Verbatim DVD+DL, 4x speed burned, NEC 3520AW.

enriqueiglesias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:

Yeah ... there is another thread about it here Error #001, Brawl, huh?, Read da OP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol