Wii #0529 - Dairantou Smash Brothers X (Japan)

• Thread starter JPH
  • Start date
  • Views 164,049
  • Replies 961
  • Likes 1

jergens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Baiano19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh shit my firmare is 3.0...
And I can´t connect to internet via Wii.

I won´t be able to play it (DVD5 or 9) will I?

djkotiq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested out the new WiiBrickBlocker and it did remove the update partition from the iso. However, when I load the game, the "Now Loading" text would appear and right after, before the intro even started, I would get  a Wii error in green text, with Japanese message that I couldn't read. From there, I couldn't do anything but turn the Wii off.

I'm using an NTSC-U Wii with Wiikey.

I burnt the image on a Memorex DVD+R DL

I've done the 15% with the SL version of the game and that works fine.

I've attempted the swap trick (during the main menu), and that did work. However once I get into 1 player mode and beat the first character (Mario vs Kirby), it would freeze and say the same error. Also, the videos being played would lag and not play at it's full speed.

Any suggestions?

http://kotaku.com/349900/super-smash-bros-...l-bug-confirmed - This?

nope, this:
dsbx_wii_error418.jpg

Pazu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For God's sake, can someone confirm or not if the game is playable Online ?

you can play online buttttttttttt you need -100 ping or you cant play becouse you are a lagger xd
Which means usually you can't just join any match but if you exchange friend codes with someone it will work, but it will still lag.
hmm I'm kinda disapointed then..
frown.gif

Does that means the DVD5 release Online was working fine but I was never able to find a match because of the 100ms ping ?
Because we thought that the problem was due to the DVD5 version

vinikun

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm having trouble running SSBX DVD9 version on my Cyclowiz. Ok here's the breakdown:

Downloaded SSBX off newsgroups
Repaired with pars
Got a 8.3GB iso
Burned it using imgburn @2.4x
Put it in my Wii... disc unrecognized
Tried booting DVD5 version to menu and swapping (disc error)

Info about my Cyclowiz:

Updated last at release of SMG (this should be ok right?)
Missing the update switch (fell off, is this ok? I just have the two wires from the switch hanging out, not touching)

My wii doesn't even seem to try to read the DVD9 disc. It sounds like it just stops after reading it for 1-2 seconds. Any ideas? Could it be the update switch? Could it be the newsgroup download? Or is there a newer update for cyclowiz after the SMG release?

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
does the autorun patch work on dvd9 coz i have a wireless sensor bar which i need to swith on evrytime to play and i have gc contollers, that way i can play instantly when i put in the game

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
If u already have duplicate channels (like i do) will this add another 2 channels if i let the update run to 100%??

Xtreamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got the SSMB working with wiikey..

- Wiikey 1.9g
- Pal machine
- Did the 15% trick with the singlelayer version
- Brick blocked the image with the new brick blocker
- Burnt the DL image to Verbatim DVD+DL @ 2.4x with imgburn

Result..

Game boots ok, videos are ok, but still some areas give me the green screen or just
plain black screen.. areas like the demo virtual console games are accesible but when try to boot
one the console freezes and I get a black screen.

anyone else having this problem?

-Xt

GamerzInc

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe the freezing comes from not updating your system fully or using brick blocker.
-Wiikey 1.9g
-NTSC
-Full Update (2x channels)
-Verbatim DVD+R DL 4x Nero Latest
Everything runs smooth. EVERYTHING

mkill

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Qatar
Hello,

Just wanted to add that I can confirm, that I wont hurt your wii to have "Triplicate" (3x) weather and news channels.

PAL Wii 3.1E
Wiikey 1.9g

DVD9 clean backup.

gsarlis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Maybe the freezing comes from not updating your system fully or using brick blocker.Â
-Wiikey 1.9g
-NTSC
-Full Update (2x channels)
-Verbatim DVD+R DL 4x Nero Latest
Everything runs smooth. EVERYTHING
Lol i hope you're right, since i have already the triple channels lol.

djkotiq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the DVD+R DL I burnt the ISO on (Memorex) is the problem because the Wii has trouble switching from reading the first layer to the second layer. I noticed this especially when I tried viewing the videos off of the DVD9. It would take me that white screen green text error message.

I think I'll have to go with the Verbatim.

Another possibility is that RegionFrii'ing the DVD9 ISO might also be a problem. I havn't heard a confirmation from anyone that used regionfrii on their ISO and confirmed it working, people are just saying to use it as a suggestion.

I want to know if people who HAVE used RF on this DVD9 ISO were able to run the game successfully?

Xtreamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know the adventure mode works perfectly, and I can watch the videos, but random black screen might
be wiikey based read errors.. who knows..

mrbiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, wiinja forums have been down all day. I've ordered a wiinja deluxe but since search is down and no has commented on it I feel forced to be a noob and ask:
Has anyone tried this with a Wiinja Deluxe?

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
I did get those green errors on the SL brickblocked I hope it dont happen witht the DL
Might be because of
*Brickblocked
*wiikey chip

We need more confirmations from user and their chips and method of burning to distinguish this problem

enriqueiglesias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I did get those green errors on the SL brickblocked I hope it dont happen witht the DL
Might be because of
*Brickblocked
*wiikey chip

We need more confirmations from user and their chips and method of burning to distinguish this problem

I'm pretty sure those problems can not be related to either brick-blocker or the wiikey. Actually, I'm 99.999% sure that's not the reason.

Remember the DVD5 dump of the game is incomplete, so there are places where it will crash or give errors. That could be the reason.

Also, the most likely reason, is a bad burn. The Wii is more finicky than you may think reading discs. Perhaps it has worked well so far because most games don't read all the way to the end of layer 1. But this one does (plus "keeps on going to layer 2"). So I would recommend burning the game again in another brand disc at low (4X or 2,4X) speeds.

Also, if you are running this game in the PAL region ... well, Nintendo may stll have a few bugs with the video modes, etc, so it could also be the cause.

So trust me and try to figure out why that is happening to you but rule out the brick-blocker and the wiikey and concentrate on other possibilities.

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Are posters who swear the game is 100% working sure ?

every mode and video works ? even in places where the DVD5 doesn't ?

Please be sure before you post, if there is a problem and you fud the situation by 'just' assuming everything is working you wil be delaying a proper dvd9 (with the layer break correctly set along with a correctly sized 1st layer)

Afaics this release has NO chance of being 100% without a correct layer break.

Mr Q

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. My pal uses a Cyclowiz (latest update), and gets the "Error 001" problem with the DL-disc. The Wii has been fully updated (both 3.1e and the smash-update).
What´s the problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch