Wii #0529 - Dairantou Smash Brothers X (Japan)

• Thread starter JPH
  • Start date
  • Views 164,107
  • Replies 961
  • Likes 1

dydy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
strange the old relase DVD 5 work only in 50 HTZ mode on a WII PAL and this release work on PAL in 60 HTZ?

smile.gif

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To get 60Hz working, you must turn off the Deflicker option. This works for both dumps.(or at least what I've read, I don't have a PAL Wii)

chienboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My wiikey is not region free but is there a new version of regionfrii for dual layer support? I have the dvd 5 version with regionfrii but i don't know if you need to patch the DL version also.

Sorry for my bad english

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
i dunno whether anyone has said this or not, but im PAL and my TV didnt like the 50hz, in fact, 60hz/480P worked for me straight away without having to hit deflicker at all. Im on a samsung; so i assume pal users, you'll be okay to run 480p!

aardvarks

Trophies
XP
Country
didnt do any patching to the iso. just burned at 8 speed to play safe. normaly burn at 10 speed. put in game, did the update an play

Fish on a Stick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you guys think this'll work with wiikey 1.9b?

If not, is there a risk with upgrading to 1.9g? I just did a google search and some say it might create problems.

[edit] Also, is there any way to find out what firmware your wiikey is at? When I use my setup disc it says wiikey base v1.2, does that mean anything?

Thanks in advance.

finite

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have the update that enabled the SMG backups then you should be ok otherwise you need to update.

Zharay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If not, is there a risk with upgrading to 1.9g? I just did a google search and some say it might create problems.

[edit] Also, is there any way to find out what firmware your wiikey is at? When I use my setup disc it says wiikey base v1.2, does that mean anything?

Thanks in advance.
From what I understand, this game has the same protection scheme as SMG, so you MUST have 1.9g in order to play. I can tell you that the few posts you have read about people have problems are that of the few. There are much more successes then the very few that have failed. So just try updating your Wiikey.

You don't have to worry what your current version is to get 1.9g. The firmware update to the mod chip completely rewrites the data on the chip, its not incremental. That setup disk is just giving you the version number of that particular disk, not the chip itself. Check this post out for all the update disks and config disks for your Wiikey.

sizza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got one freeze so far using this dual layer dump in vs mode, anyone else experienced freezing? I used the Singapore verbatims, burnt at 2.4x, on pal with wiikey.

Torup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry fo the question but....

Is imperative to have Firmware 3.1U? I have 3.0U and Wiikey 1.9G (so Galaxy plays). If it is, can someone say a game that have 3.1U update (no internet here).

And this thing of Regionfree? Do i have to set this on os is default at on?

Thanks in advance.

DrQuack02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been getting freezing

Sony DVD+R DL 2.4x burn

Burned twice, once with Nero, once with Imgburn

NTSC-U Cyclowiz 3.6b

Can't do anything that the DVD5 can't already do.....
frown.gif

Anyone else having similar errors?

katsuce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Nice news =)
So does anybody know what program can burn DL backups???

Thx in advance

Some people use IMGBURN but I personally recommend CloneCD by Slysoft (can find it cracked on Usenet or torrents etc.).
I've used the app to burn over 80 Verbatim 8.5GB Dual Layer DVDs for my 360 and have only ever had 1 bad burn which was due to the ISO being corrupt.
If your only using it to burn this game you can grab a free trial from SlySoft.com that I think lasts for 30 days.
Theres also a newer version of the app called AnyDVD or something like that but I've never tried it out.

clone dvd ftw, never failed me for my wii and ps2, except for a crappy manhunt 2 UNCUT iso for ps2

Fish on a Stick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Thanks in advance.

From what I understand, this game has the same protection scheme as SMG, so you MUST have 1.9g in order to play. I can tell you that the few posts you have read about people have problems are that of the few. There are much more successes then the very few that have failed. So just try updating your Wiikey.

You don't have to worry what your current version is to get 1.9g. The firmware update to the mod chip completely rewrites the data on the chip, its not incremental. That setup disk is just giving you the version number of that particular disk, not the chip itself. Check this post out for all the update disks and config disks for your Wiikey.

Thanks very much

Sorry but I have one last question (for now). Whenever I set my wiikey to Region Free ON. When I save changes and reset the console, if I go back to the config screen the Region Free still says OFF. Is this normal?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 229 steam games more than I thought