Wii #0338 - Asterix at the Olympic Games (Europe)

WarmWoollySheep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NTSC compatibility:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/index.php?title=Wi...patibility_List

So are you saying it does/doesn't work on NTSC-U (since the wiki link you posted doesn't show that info)

...and see, games DO get released in Europe before the USA!
wink.gif

JK

tGW

I don't know if it works on NTSC or not, but if you find out, update the wiki, then everyone will know!

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love Asterix! First introduced to his world during my vacation to Europe in 1996. I started with the comics, owning almost every single issue. I later found the movies. And then went to Parc Asterix, France's number 1 theme park (a spectacular experience topped only by Disney World). The books are great and the world is just a great experience. Truly there are few people with such talent as René Goscinny and Albert Uderzo. The only Asterix game I hate is Mission Wifix fof the DS. It's a side scrolling beatem up with the worst touch screen control you've ever seen. It's nearly impossible to play due to a collection of mini-touch-games that requires you to have Jedi reflexes to complete. Other than that, they're all good. I was blown away by XXL on the GBA! And the console versions are great regardless of what the stupid reviewers say.

ninpou90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I used to play Asterix and the Great Rescue on the Sega Megadrive... Great game, untill you encounter a boss balancing on on a tree in a river... I haven't beaten this boss ever. It is almost five years ago that I last played that game... Wish I could beat that damned boss.

I'll try this game. Graphics look pretty neat and I like Asterix. If only this game has the same great humor as the comics. Uderzo and Goscinny rule.

Dave3622

Trophies
XP
Country
hi

i heard that there are some voice hiccups

is it true?

+

I noticed that the voices skipped a little every few seconds after I reached the olympic stadium. I have a Wiikey installed and wondered if it was related to the alleged disc slowdown to 3X after installing the new 1.9g update.

As for the game itself, I have only played for a couple of hours and have reached the trial stages at the Olympic stadium. The game is a cross between platforming/exploration and sports events (ala track & field) and so far I have found it thoroughly enjoyable. The graphics are stunning (love the real video of olympian actors mixed in with the cartoon gfx) and the streaming audio is excellent and very funny, with superb voice-acting from english actors.

So it's a thumbs up from me
biggrin.gif

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
This game is REALLY fun. I didn't think much of it but both graphics and gameplay are awesome. There are some Zeldaesque puzzles and the olympic minigames are only a way to get further into the maingame.

The humour is pretty fun too, with a strangely british sense of humour.

I am glad I've downloaded this one, because allthough Mario Galaxy is superb, this game took up most of my game time today
smile.gif

Alastair

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I noticed that the voices skipped a little every few seconds after I reached the olympic stadium. I have a Wiikey installed and wondered if it was related to the alleged disc slowdown to 3X after installing the new 1.9g update.

I'm getting this too but on a non-updated WiiKey. This could well be a game problem (not a duplication one). The drive does sound like it's working hard during speech.
unsure.gif

The humour is pretty fun too, with a strangely british sense of humour.
I'm finding myself enjoying and laughing at the humour - it's not bad at all. I haven't noticed anything intrinsically English/British yet though. Perhaps I'm numb to recognising it.

Alastair

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No mattaer what controller and nunchuck configuration I use, I cannot get javelin to work correctly for one of the players (in multiplayer)! I cannot complete the "both up" combo motion so one player's always at a dis-advantage. I'm perplexed. Both controllers and nunchuks work perfectly for all other motions and mini-games.
frown.gif

This game is great though!
smile.gif
I'm looking forward to the movie!

Attendu le trente janvier en France!!!

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Psi's still profiting off his meth sales.