Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malta
Thanks to everybody's advice I've revised my plan for SMG:

[Current situation: PAL wii 3.0E with wiikey 1.9g updated]

1. Wait til I can update my PAL wii to 3.1E (go to my mate's house tomorrow)

2. Download SMG (done), extract iso and burn. No regionfrii, no brickblocker.

3. Insert disc, start SMG update, unplug at 10%.

4. Restart wii. Play SMG.

5. Mid-November, download PAL SMG and run PAL update.

Is there anything I'm missing out ?(still not too sure whether regionfrii should or shouldn't be used)

Don't forget to apply the brickblocker to the 2nd copy.

Ah! I knew there was something!
Thanks!!

flyingsnow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This should work for anyone on pal 3.0e....make wiikey update says reset galaxy after its done

1) Download the game.
2) Patch the game with RegionFrii and burn it.
3) Launch the game and run the update. Unplug the Wii at about 10-15%.
4) Repatch the game (who is already patched with RegionFrii) with Brickblocker and burn it again.
5) Launch the game patched with RegionFrii and Brickblocker and play !

Theres no reason why it wouldn't work if you do this
Done this but for 3.1E, worked a charm, ta, no duplicate channels (am using WiiKey 1.9g, RegionFrii 1.21 and WiiBrickBlocker 1.3). Was worth the 5 day wait to play this, absolute brilliant game, even has Super Mario Brothers - World 8 music at the beginning ... class

Jokiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I just used the "Swap Trick", no problem, so I start the Brickblocked version and the game boots! YAY SMG!!
Everything seems to work just fine, I create a save file, se the intro and can finally controll Mario. But when the second "Scene" comes the game freeze..Then it stays frozen for 10 sec and the screen fade to black...
I think Ive burned this wrong :S

I did what I always to with my wii games, I burn them at a dvd-r with Nero at 4x speed..WHY DOES IT FREEZE!?

Btw: I havent tried it since it froze since the wii is on my brothers room and he just trew me out...
frown.gif

mooyah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Played for a few hours and completed the first.. constellation?.. well the first group of stages.. and its so gooood! Like Mario 64 and Sunshine there's a main hub area leading to all the stages. There less stars per stage than in the past (8 I think it was it in 64?) so there are probably a crapload more stages. There's so much variety in them too from the looks to the design and how you're made to get through to the end each time.

Best game on the Wii for sure
biggrin.gif

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
weirdly , turns out either my wiikey nuked itself or just some dodgy connections. Put a new wiikey in (this was my first Wii i ever modded, it was shoddy - glad i expertly have done it now) and all seems fine.

forza11

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i just ran the update on the disc over my pal 3.1E wii since i already had the duplicate channels. Anyways, all went well and it reckonized the game. But when i start the game it just shows a black screen and then hangs... only way to turn it off is by pulling the plug.

Metroid Prime 3 USA still works though, so its definitly a SMG backup thing. any suggestions?

chronjohnson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Heh well since I can't run the 1.3 config I can't change my drive speed, and this is apparently a problem during FMV sequences in Mario. Or there's a problem with my burner, because old burned games are working fine and I can't do a thing with mario other than play to the first FMV...then the DRE hits me. But updating went fine. The 1.9g firmware seems to have slight difficulty recognizing my Verbatim DVD-R copies of SMG as well for some reason though likes Taiyo Yudens.

cragski56

Trophies
XP
Country
done everything and still getting 001 error not got a clue what could be wrong burn multiple copies and still no joy not a newbie so really stuck on this one help plz

omgwtfbbqq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well i dont mind waiting for PAL release, because:

1. No chance of semi-bricking my Wii. That means: no duplicated channels or no fcked up wii settings menu.

2. Ill start the game 2 weeks after you, that means more playtime for me, hehe
biggrin.gif

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOO I've only played SMG for 5 seconds but it's already awesome because it's working now!! Hooray for wiikey and openwii (their website anyway.. code doesn't run smg yet)!

rod-wii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys, please I'm really dumb in terms of those updates. I'd like to ask for your help, please.
My wii has a wiikey i've just downloaded the update the american version my wii is american as well and in the end i had that error message written in red, but the guys from orkut told me to remove the disc when wii stops scanning the sytem.. i did it and as i was following the instructions i came to an end that intallation was completeded and said something about galaxy, then i switched off my wii and turned it on again and it is there. I don't have a smg disc yet. Has my system been updated? there are no sings of update on it. can u guys help me please?

rod-wii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
are you sure the patch has been installed? because the guys are say it hasn't... i'll just get my copy of smg tomorrow
someone has been through this same problem and can play it now?
please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn I think I cant