Wii #0330 - Super Mario Galaxy (USA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lozislove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This game is, like, so awesome and beautiful in so many ways. The controls are awesome, too, and the graphics are uber pretty. I think the games a bit hard lol (but I'm not even too far in it. Maybe I just suck at it? Hehe.) Anyway, awesome awesome game!
biggrin.gif

I'll be putting my pre-order in as soon as possible. Yay.

cheza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I guess I need some help/advice now!

Did the following:

1.) downloaded and burned the 1.9g update (with filechop for correct filesize)
2.) did the update with the "disc switching" thing! Update should have gone well, as I hear Homer say "You're all Nuts" at the vey end!
3.) Pushed a button to reset the wii console, inserted mario galaxy! Made the Mario Galaxy update!
4.) Changed Language to english and started the game! Yet another 001 unauthorized and so on Error!

Did the update now a few times. No Problems at all playing other Games.

Pal Wii with firmware 3.1E and WiiKey should now be 1.9g!

Any ideas?

cya cheza

stok3d

Retro Gaming Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just used the "Swap Trick", no problem, so I start the Brickblocked version and the game boots! YAY SMG!!
Everything seems to work just fine, I create a save file, se the intro and can finally controll Mario. But when the second "Scene" comes the game freeze..Then it stays frozen for 10 sec and the screen fade to black...
I think Ive burned this wrong :S

I did what I always to with my wii games, I burn them at a dvd-r with Nero at 4x speed..WHY DOES IT FREEZE!?

Btw: I havent tried it since it froze since the wii is on my brothers room and he just trew me out...
frown.gif

It froze for me here too. Here's what I did.

When the DRE came up at that scene showing Peaches' eyes, I ejected the disc and re-inserted it, and it continued. Haven't had another DRE since. Once you get a save point past that opening sequence, you're gold.

Some people preach about the virtues high-quality media, but these Wal-Mart Maxell 16x I use have always done the job without fail. However, SMG may actually be an instance where high-quality media (Verbatim, etc) is more dependable. Going to pick some up tomorrow and see.

Good luck.

traeskapa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Whoa!
Disc switching and stuff with the Wiikey update?
Sounds scary.
So, what happens when you do the wiikey update?
Can anyone explain what to do, and how to it?
This sounds really scare for me :wtf:

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vertbatim lightscribe discs here burnt at 6x and I have no issues.

Wiikey update 1.9g worked perfect for me but did throw me for a loop with the inital testing function that came up.

chronjohnson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aha is this DRE thing Wiikey 1.9g + SMG specific...I've been fighting it all day. It doesn't recognize Verbatim 16x DVD-R at all while the above cited DRE errors occur with Taiyo Yuden 8x DVD-R

Anyone think the opening sound effect/music sounds a lot like Smash Bros.

maniza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just a question is there any reason for the update to fail?

my update fails after cheking the flash at 100% and it tells me to check my conections i updated ejecting the disk and it got to 100% and homer speaked but there didnt seem to afect or update nothing so i think that way it dosent updates the chip at all. im out of ideas

can anyone tellme what culd be causing that problem, a way to fix it. any ideas
plz help i cant wait to play that game

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
This game is brilliant so far. I have about 14 stars at the moment. I just love the music and cool worlds. Great blend of retro and new. This truly is the sequel to Mario 64.

Davy32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yo yo, i've update the wiikey, also i think i have (is there a way to check it??)
I update the wii with the regionfrii patched SMG (10-15%)
Then i want to play SMG, i used wiibrickblocker on the patched iso, but i get the eroor code #100........
Could somebody please help me.................
BTW i own a pal Wii with frimware 3.1E

THNX

soul2soul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is it me or are there people whoe think they have a Wiikey, but got a clone?

btw: First you have to region change the iso to PAL and than use Brickblock, atleast that's how I did it.

forza11

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
for the black screen issue

just burn a normal unedited ISO, do the update and change your country to UK and language to English. after changing the country and language it worked for me!

katsuce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Is it me or are there people whoe think they have a Wiikey, but got a clone?

btw: First you have to region change the iso to PAL and than use Brickblock, atleast that's how I did it.
yep, a lot of people have clones out here, and I wouldn't be surprised if wiikey team had made their update unfunctional for those people

game's great btw, not super mario 64 great, but still a lot better than sunshine

OTT13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OK, read several posts and gave it a try... works like a charm!

So, again, the steps i took:

PAL 3.1E owner

- Burned betafix 1.9g to dvd (iso of 40mb) and ran it (first press A to test, after that run again and press A to update)
- Downloaded SMG, extracted it and then patch it with RegionFrii (i used version 1.21) and burn it to DVD(+)
- Sett Wii language to English
- Run SMG, accept update and at 10-15% unplug your wii and restart
- On computer, patch your (already patched with regionfrii!) smg iso with brickblocker and burn again
- RUN SMG WOOOHOOW!!!

(Btw, first i tried it without the update to 10-15% with the brickblocker and regionfrii patch applied, but it gave a black screen (no error)... then i followed the steps above and it worked)

Goodluck, i'm gonna play!

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Man.. thanks to OTT13 for explaining how to get it up and running!
but it sounds so complicated and time consuming... im just going to wait untill it hits the stores and buy it like a sucker
frown.gif

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Man.. thanks to OTT13Â for explaining how to get it up and running!
but it sounds so complicated and time consuming... im just going to wait untill it hits the stores and buy it like a sucker
frown.gif

It's not complicated at all. I thought it was too but it's a breeze. The best thing to do is get hold of a DVDRW. So you can use that for the Wiikey update and later for SMG.

- I burned the 1.9g update on the DVDRW, popped it in my Wii ran the update. It's as simple as a push on a button.
- I burned the original SMG iso on the same DVDRW (with IMGBURN, which first erases the DVDRW and then burns the iso)
- Popped the DVDRW (with the original SMG) in my Wii. Automatically it starts updating from the Wii channel menu. Let the progress bar run for about 10 seconds until it's at about 15% and I hold the power switch for 4 seconds. The machine turns off.
- Powered on again (to see if everything was okay)
- Ran the Brickblocker and chose the SMG iso. This takes a few seconds and overwrites the existing iso.
- Burnt that iso onto a normal DVD-R
- Worked like a charm.

EVERYBODY with a PAL Wii can do it.

OTT13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Man.. thanks to OTT13Â for explaining how to get it up and running!
frown.gif

I know it's looks complicated but actually it's not...

You download RegionFrii (RF), Brickblocker (BB) and the update for Wiikey (takes 1 min.)

RegionFrii: http://wii.softwareheadlines.com/modules/rmdp/43
Brickblocker: http://wbb.rockman18.com/?page=download&ln=en
Wiikey update: http://www.wiikey.cn/resources.html

Download SMG (that takes the longest) and burn the three DVDS (wiikey-fix / SMG RF / SMG RF BB). Once you've done this, you can play within 5 minutes. Maybe unplugging your wii at 10-15% looks tricky, but it's harmless and really easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?