Wii #0330 - Super Mario Galaxy (USA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
k, now i'm confused.
"If your are correct then i can run super mario galaxy ntsc on my pal wii with wiikey"
"Yes, that's correct. I just did it myself less than an hour ago."

quite frankly, i don't care if my channels duplicate or not, i just want to run mario galaxy. by what is said there, i'm under the impresstion that mario galaxy works on pal wii's with wiikey. is there any reason this trick wouldn't work on ntsc wii's with wiikey?

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
k, now i'm confused.
"If your are correct then i can run super mario galaxy ntsc on my pal wii with wiikey"

quite frankly, i don't care if my channels duplicate or not, i just want to run mario galaxy. by what is said there, i'm under the impresstion that mario galaxy works on pal wii's with wiikey. is there any reason this trick wouldn't work on ntsc wii's with wiikey?

ELL OH ELL

Xuphor

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
....what?
he got wiikey to run mario galaxy on a pal wii. why wouldn't it work with ntsc wii? just 3.1u instead of 3.1e

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
k, now i'm confused.

Ahh sorry about that. I didn't make myself clear in my earlier post. I'm referring to being able to get the game running (up until the detected modchip error screen) while avoiding the duplicate channels. In other words, I'm just saying that the metroid turn off trick works to avoid duplicate channels.

Xuphor

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah, ok. thanks for that clear-up.
biggrin.gif

i'm probly not the only one who got confused.
wacko.gif

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
....what?
he got wiikey to run  mario galaxy on a pal wii. why wouldn't it work with ntsc wii? just 3.1u instead of 3.1e
He didn't get the game to work..He just got the update included with the game that happens when you first put the game in to not update his PAL wii with NTSC firmware.. Keeping him from, in turn, getting duplicate channels.

edit: after posting this i see i was very late to the draw...

Xuphor

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
people who started reading on page 123. and the last page they read was 84, due to being at work/college.
you try it
tongue.gif

PainToad

Trophies
XP
Country
So why has everyone else who has tried the metriod trick reported it not to work, its even mentioned on the front page

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
So why has everyone else who has tried the metriod trick reported it not to work, its even mentioned on the front page

They most likely tried to do it while not on the latest Wii system firmware. Not having the latest firmware results in corrupt settings. That's already been proven in this thread.

I've updated the news post to reflect the information as we get it.

Shoter350

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know this doesnt work on Wiikey (YET), however i still HAD to try it out (im sure i wasnt the only one!)

anyways, my dog flips out at the game channel when you hear "Super mario Galaxyyyyyyyyyyy". everytime i play it, my puggle RUNS to the tv and looks at it like she's possessed. funny stuff.

now if only we could play the damn thing, im DYING here!

fishcatdog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah especially since it's probably going to take the 6 months to release the upgrade! LoL! Like last time!

I'm so funny, my comments add a lot of value to the thread by creating more useless banter that technical readers have to sift through to find the information that they're looking for!
wacko.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    light27 @ light27: oh it’s the least I could do +1