Wii #0330 - Super Mario Galaxy (USA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fldash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Redsquirrel, that's what I'm trying to get at... Wiikey users need not be discouraged if Cyclowiz team had been working on this update for a while and it just happened to make SMG work... Wiikey team will have to start from scratch... Who knows how long the Cyclowiz team had been working on this update.

stok3d

Retro Gaming Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unfortunately, I'm getting the feeling that Nintendo specifically targeted WiiKey algorithm with this specific SMG protection since the WiiKey is in fact the most common Wii mod used, accounting for at least 70% of all Wii mods. If that's the case, the WiiKey crowd most likely will never see a fix for SMG or any future realeases using this specific protection.

I also feel that the WiiKey team is in fact working dilligently on the problem, therefore the longer this takes, the grimmer the prospect is that we'll be playing SMG backups someday soon, or at all.

Fortunately I think you are talking BULLSHIT! But do yourself a favor and keep the shit flowing. It keeps us entertained.

Hey, I'd like to see it fixed as much as the next person. But as days turn into weeks, and weeks into months, you can come back here and read what I said and say 'Damn, he was right.'

As far as actually putting in a Cyclowiz goes, not the smartest thing to do since the actually buying original game will cost less than changing the modchip - but some people are kinda obsessive when it comes to stuff like this.

Daimakaimura

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey viscera,

Brickblocker won't remove the channels, sorry. If you apply the brickblocker patch, the game won't run!

All hail Ninty, and their extremely annoying copy protection!

For PAL owners, the process for not having duplicate channels with SMG is the same as it was for MP3 (it would appear everyone has forgotten there were three steps)

a) Ensure you are patched to 3.1E via either online or using the MP3 Pal release.

b) Region patch the SMG backup to PAL. Burn to DVD. Do not apply brickblocker. Insert the game and allow SMG to apply patch to approx 10% then pull the power cord. When you reboot there will not be duplicate channels.
(If you do not yet have a compatible modchip the SMG logo will not appear in the game channel. Simply select the channel and then the after a short pause you will be asked if you want to update. After 10% pull the power).

c) Apply BrickBlocker to a new PAL patched SMG. Burn to another DVD. Now because there is partial info about the 3.1U firmware somewhere on your 3.1E Wii it will now boot the PAL patched SMG backup without trying to update.

----

I have already completed the steps above ready for when openwii or wiikey (which can be run on openwii) release a modchip firmware patch. I do not have duplicate channels and I am now able to see the SMG channel, open it, hear Mario's intro voice, then get the famous "001" black screen error.

To recap, it is possible to perform a partial update to a PAL Wii and NOT get duplicate channels.

Thanks dude, it does indeed work. I see the Mario Bumper in my channel. I have no duplicate channels but I have a Wiikey so I get error 001.

Now the wait for a Wiikey Firmware.
but if you've already got duplicate channels.. will you get them triple?
wacko.gif

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
As far as actually putting in a Cyclowiz goes, not the smartest thing to do since the actually buying original game will cost less than changing the modchip - but some people are kinda obsessive when it comes to stuff like this.

Damn! He is right!

Deekman

Trophies
Website
www.deaconross.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I'd like to see it fixed as much as the next person. But as days turn into weeks, and weeks into months, you can come back here and read what I said and say 'Damn, he was right.'

The reason they would change out the modchip would be if this type of protection is used in later released games. If the Wiikey team cracks it though then they would have no reason to worry.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
The reason they would change out the modchip would be if this type of protection is used in later released games. If the Wiikey team cracks it though then they would have no reason to worry.
Hey, that's logic!! Where did you learn that?
laugh.gif

fenix4o9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Damn! He is right!
i dono where u guys buy ur mod chips .. wiikey is like 15 bucks now and cyclo is like $24 . wii games are like $49. if you get smg to work you save money plus u get it early.
lecture.gif
so how is it more

asher

^ Liar
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
until today i wasnt seriously thinking about buying a cyclowiz...

its been 2 days if wiikey could update theyll have it right now on their page.

now im not being paranoid... i just want the best performance experience from a
product i bought.

if mario galaxy original was already out i wouldnt hesitate to buy the original but...

i just dont know anymore... kinda got dissapointed with all the i have to move to another
house from one of the wiikey guys.

fenix4o9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
any news from emu_kid or the guy from wiinewz (im sorry if forgot his name its xa something . sorry guy) last thing i remember reading is wiikey team was about 70% done.

anyways from reading all of this all i know is we have fire power in this game. lol anything else new or anything else that has made a comeback in smg? i want to fly again like mario 3 for nes....

and hay is anyone else mad that nintendo does not give out points for doing stuff in a game like say if you beat smg you get 100 wii points or like smb 1 for free something stupid like that
frown.gif
.. u know like if you beat a game on really hard you get like 50 wii points sigh
hate2.gif

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been defending wiikey for months now on another forum but I was way more impressed with the update from cyclowiz and the apparent lack of more specific updates from the wiikey team. So I think I'm going to swap out my wiikey with cyclowiz even if I didn't play smg. I just think that they are way more on the ball.

gamecubex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
and hay is anyone else mad that nintendo does not give out points for doing stuff in a game like say if you beat smg you get 100 wii points or like smb 1 for free something stupid like that
frown.gif
.. u know like if you beat a game on really hard you get like 50 wii points sighÂ
hate2.gif

that would be cool, but i dont think that nintendo would give us points for beating games, because all you have to do is download a savegame and play it through.
wink.gif

but cool idea

back to topic:

When will the Wiikey update be released??

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frown.gif
.. u know like if you beat a game on really hard you get like 50 wii points sigh 
hate2.gif

that would be cool, but i dont think that nintendo would give us points for beating games, because all you have to do is download a savegame and play it through.
wink.gif

but cool idea

back to topic:

.....please tell me you're joking about that big text, and that the "" part was intentional.
if not, you're plain and simply retarded
lecture.gif

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
frown.gif
.. u know like if you beat a game on really hard you get like 50 wii points sighÂ
hate2.gif

wink.gif

but cool idea

back to topic:

How about REALLY getting back to topic. How is the game? Is it fun, what's new? What kind of things do we have to look forward to when we can play it.

People that can play the game or have figured it out how to get it to work should be talking. All the speculating/complaining on an update with no source should be going on in another forum.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw people, that double thing.
if you do it once like that, it'll double them,
and if you do it again, it'll double them again, not add +1 of the all the channels
so basically, doing it twice quad's the original, not triple.

biscuit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I'm back now having played SMG for an hour or so......

Before I say this know that I'm a massive ninty fan and have owned all consoles and completed all mario games several times 100% and think they're great. I even LOVED sunshine (can't understand those who don't).

Anyway........ as I say I've had hands on now for around an hour or so and I'm not impressed.

I don't like running around the planets. I'm one of these players who excitedly moves round when playing games (you know like when you steer on a racer you lean the way your steering for no good reason), and I'm finding myself tilting my head all weird angles whilst playing this and I'm getting neck ache.

Story line seems average, graphics look great, sound is what you'd expect and the controls are spot on. I just dont like the perspective and because all the planets I've been on so far are so small it's massively annoying.

Sorry to moan when most of you reading this cant play it but thats just my opinion. I will play this to the death and will probably hail this the best game ever eventually. It's just I was a bit disappointed after the wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, I know what it is. :creep: