Wii #0330 - Super Mario Galaxy (USA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prema

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
uploaded a movie of super mario galaxy trick, no dubble channels, but I have a wiikey, so I do get the error, I think it will be playable at a pal version some day.\

link video : http://rapidshare.com/files/66307356/wii_m...ne_with_SMG.mov

This is indeed, the best news of the day, lets see some results from Cyclowiz owners...

THX
bow.gif

Shinji1989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Pleeeasse... no eta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That would mean that we're not gonna see any update for months
frown.gif

Well... any pictures of happy playing people with the game running in the background?
wink.gif

Killakae

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yep i can also confirm the MP3 trick DOES work for PAL consoles...

instead of having a black screen on my brickblocked version, it now has the 001 Error

thanks!!!!

now we wait....
dry.gif

totty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
NEW WORDS FROM WIIKEY!!!;

QUOTE said:
Contact form temporarily disabled
Unfortunately, we have had to remove the contact form and email facilities at wiikey.cn for the time being.

We would like to thank the huge number of people who have emailed us recently with their messages of support and encouragement regarding the SMG update. However, sadly, a small minority of people have been abusing our email facilities with multiple identical emails (thousands at a time) to as a way of expressing frustration that they cannot play SMG backups at the moment.

Therefore, in order not to let the problems with the website distract our attention from the more important issues, we have taken this step to disable the contact form and all wiikey.cn email addresses. We truly regret that this puts us out of touch with those who would simply like to offer constructive feedback and messages of support, but unfortunately there is no alternative available.

Please stay tuned to the News section for further developments!

shure, they were able to make a whine message, but not to burn the update on their own system.

and btw; "distract our attention from the more important issues" did they make the update or not?
cry.gif

katsuce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
NEW WORDS FROM WIIKEY!!!;

QUOTE said:
Contact form temporarily disabled
Unfortunately, we have had to remove the contact form and email facilities at wiikey.cn for the time being.

We would like to thank the huge number of people who have emailed us recently with their messages of support and encouragement regarding the SMG update. However, sadly, a small minority of people have been abusing our email facilities with multiple identical emails (thousands at a time) to as a way of expressing frustration that they cannot play SMG backups at the moment.

Therefore, in order not to let the problems with the website distract our attention from the more important issues, we have taken this step to disable the contact form and all wiikey.cn email addresses. We truly regret that this puts us out of touch with those who would simply like to offer constructive feedback and messages of support, but unfortunately there is no alternative available.

Please stay tuned to the News section for further developments!

shure, they were able to make a whine message, but not to burn the update on their own system.

OLD, same player shoot again

totty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
WOWO! CECHK;
[07.10.29] Update on Super Mario Galaxy Issue
In addition to the announcement made earlier today about Super Mario Galaxy, we are pleased to confirm that we have now identified the copy protection method responsible and created a fix.

In order to guarantee stability, we have had to make a fairly major change to the way the code works. While all tests have proven positive, the challenge now is to create a delivery system to allow existing Wiikeys to be updated.

As ever, we appreciate your patience and support while we do this.

totty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
if noone bans me will i probly keep whining... i actually strongly suggest that you ban me, cause i have issues. And i am not kidding.

soul2soul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey viscera,

Brickblocker won't remove the channels, sorry. If you apply the brickblocker patch, the game won't run!

All hail Ninty, and their extremely annoying copy protection!

For PAL owners, the process for not having duplicate channels with SMG is the same as it was for MP3 (it would appear everyone has forgotten there were three steps)

a) Ensure you are patched to 3.1E via either online or using the MP3 Pal release.

b) Region patch the SMG backup to PAL. Burn to DVD. Do not apply brickblocker. Insert the game and allow SMG to apply patch to approx 10% then pull the power cord. When you reboot there will not be duplicate channels.
(If you do not yet have a compatible modchip the SMG logo will not appear in the game channel. Simply select the channel and then the after a short pause you will be asked if you want to update. After 10% pull the power).

c) Apply BrickBlocker to a new PAL patched SMG. Burn to another DVD. Now because there is partial info about the 3.1U firmware somewhere on your 3.1E Wii it will now boot the PAL patched SMG backup without trying to update.

----

I have already completed the steps above ready for when openwii or wiikey (which can be run on openwii) release a modchip firmware patch. I do not have duplicate channels and I am now able to see the SMG channel, open it, hear Mario's intro voice, then get the famous "001" black screen error.

To recap, it is possible to perform a partial update to a PAL Wii and NOT get duplicate channels.

Thanks dude, it does indeed work. I see the Mario Bumper in my channel. I have no duplicate channels but I have a Wiikey so I get error 001.

Now the wait for a Wiikey Firmware.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOWO! CECHK;
In addition to the announcement made earlier today about Super Mario Galaxy, we are pleased to confirm that we have now identified the copy protection method responsible and created a fix.

In order to guarantee stability, we have had to make a fairly major change to the way the code works. While all tests have proven positive, the challenge now is to create a delivery system to allow existing Wiikeys to be updated.

for hells sake read the damn thread this has posted numerous times in the last 2 days. (yes I said two days cause it was posted on the 28th in the states because of the time difference.)

stok3d

Retro Gaming Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WOWO! CECHK;

for hells sake read the damn thread this has posted numerous times in the last 2 days. (yes I said two days cause it was posted on the 28th in the states because of the time difference.)

Unfortunately, I'm getting the feeling that Nintendo specifically targeted WiiKey algorithm with this specific SMG protection since the WiiKey is in fact the most common Wii mod used, accounting for at least 70% of all Wii mods. If that's the case, the WiiKey crowd most likely will never see a fix for SMG or any future realeases using this specific protection.

I also feel that the WiiKey team is in fact working dilligently on the problem, therefore the longer this takes, the grimmer the prospect is that we'll be playing SMG backups someday soon, or at all.

fldash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any truth to the rumor that the 3.6 Cyclowiz update was already being worked on? It was suppose to fix speed it up and increase it's stealthiyness (is that a word?). It just so happened that it made SMG work as well?

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Unfortunately, I'm getting the feeling that Nintendo specifically targeted WiiKey algorithm with this specific SMG protection since the WiiKey is in fact the most common Wii mod used, accounting for at least 70% of all Wii mods. If that's the case, the WiiKey crowd most likely will never see a fix for SMG or any future realeases using this specific protection.

I also feel that the WiiKey team is in fact working dilligently on the problem, therefore the longer this takes, the grimmer the prospect is that we'll be playing SMG backups someday soon, or at all.

Fortunately I think you are talking BULLSHIT! But do yourself a favor and keep the shit flowing. It keeps us entertained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1