Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously no one around here has homemade chips that they knew they were going to have to update and made an external socket? Someone man up and test my theory.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, it should work... But not too much people have an external modchip
wink.gif

No, it shouldn't work. It could work.
It should, because all you need is to bypass the initial Support Check, after that if you start the game, no error should come up, as the modchip is not present.

WarioIta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
is possible to create a firmware chip that allows the chip to turn off itself after the booting is done? i think that if it's possible, probably any chip can be fixed. the main problem is that wiikey's team won't release an update so soon, and that bastards haven't released the updater source code. Most wii have a wiikey, so someone should create a wiikey-flasher

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should, because all you need is to bypass the initial Support Check, after that if you start the game, no error should come up, as the modchip is not present.

Right, but you and I might not have the best of understanding of how the chips do what they do. It's possible that they modify some code in the Drive's ram and that code stays modified into the boot. And the Galaxy disk could be checking the ram and not the lines to the chips injecting the code. If this is true, my workaround will not work around the copy protection in the Galaxy disk.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
is possible to create a firmware chip that allows the chip to turn off itself after the booting is done? i think that if it's possible, probably any chip can be fixed. the main problem is that wiikey's team won't release an update so soon, and that bastards haven't released the updater source code. Most wii have a wiikey, so someone should create a wiikey-flasher
It's not difficult. They should just change a little the code. I think the first to support SMG will be OpenWii, WiiFree and YAOSM.

But, seriously, someone should really create a Wiikey-Flasher, Team Wiikey is soooo slow...

katsuce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

yeah, calling them bastards will make them want to release an update faster
dry.gif

Scarboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tested with OpenWii and then removed at the channel screen, doesn't work. I still get the same 001 error. While my wii is open, feel free to throw out any other crazy suggesting because I doubt they're going to work.

Scarboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tested with OpenWii and then removed at the channel screen, doesn't work. I still get the same 001 error. While my wii is open, feel free to throw out any other crazy suggesting because I doubt they're going to work.

reektan

Trophies
XP
Country
Why is everyone looking at the filenames, when the directory showing the release name is the worse fake I have ever seen in my life! The font isn't even close
wink.gif

clipur3.jpg

DiNo29

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
No surprise it doesnt work.
Looks like ppl figured that the game detect the use of the chip by looking at the ram. Removing the chip do not empty the ram.

RadicalWall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im telling you guys, the chips are only active at the channel screen.

They sense the disc insertion, send some info, and then shut off, and yes it stays in the ram of the dvd drive. The D2C chip however lost the WriteRAM function so the D2C chip modifies information on the fly, so when SMG checks the drive ram it shows up fine.

If there is a way around this with old modchips its not going to be simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Gy3BOmvLf2w?list=OLAK5uy_k27izUIERfT-RIE1qN1CHIOIkW4h5A9BY Play this song if...