mariogalaxy002.jpg

and what does that mean ???

Phange

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, wouldn't it be crazy if it was designed to search for a demo Wii unit? We already know there's a slightly different hardware signature for demo units (like the timer, among other things).

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think it needs to be added to the first post that people should read the ENTIRE THREAD before posting the same stupid comments over and over again.

gnorilgrande

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
PIC01017.JPG

Error #001
found a device not authorized

This is the (italian) error when i try to run SMG on my wii pal fw 3.0e whit wiinja v1
the other game run fine. The "protection" it's in the game and not in the firmware, then i think we can forgot SMG backup or original in wii modded.
ph34r.gif

tbyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
does the d2ckey have some kind of stealth code built into it or does it just use a different method for booting?

it's highly probable now that the game isn't detecting the disc or the chip themselves, but it detects the actual method of booting. if it really works with d2ckey, that is.

katsuce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I call BS on that rumor saying it's running fine on D2Ckey.

and I don't really care if it's running or not, because there's always a way to circumvent (or should I say, "cirsumsvent"? :gob: ) that kind of problem.
If a solution is found after the game's released, then so be it, buy or import the game if you want to play it that hard (which I do, that's why I'll import a US copy)

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
does the d2ckey have some kind of stealth code built into it or does it just use a different method for booting?

it's highly probable now that the game isn't detecting the disc or the chip themselves, but it detects the actual method of booting. if it really works with d2ckey, that is.
I haven't read up on the d2ckey much but as far as I can tell, current modchips alter the data written in the drives memory where as the d2ckey alters the data directly on the line.

So theoretically if nintendo's method of checking for drivemods is checking if the contents of the drives ram has been altered then the d2ckey might work.

THAT IS THEORETICALLY THOUGH.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

I haven't read up on the d2ckey much but as far as I can tell, current modchips alter the data written in the drives memory where as the d2ckey alters the data directly on the line.

So theoretically if nintendo's method of checking for drivemods is checking if the contents of the drives ram has been altered then the d2ckey might work.

THAT IS THEORETICALLY THOUGH.
Exactly what I explained until now. So SMG working on D2CKey is perfectly possible
tongue.gif

Ben_j

Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
Hey guys I have an idea ! Since it's meant to be in a kiosk, maybe it doesn't work because it detects it's not a kiosk
nerd.jpg

Just kidding
biggrin.gif
I'm tired of reading this same question all over since friday... Must've been asked at least a hundred times on every forum...

katsuce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hey guys I have an idea ! Since it's meant to be in a kiosk, maybe it doesn't work because it detects it's not a kiosk
nerd.jpg

Just kidding
biggrin.gif
I'm tired of reading this same question all over since friday... Must've been asked at least a hundred times on every forum...

you're not totally right:

first question was: "when is it gonna be available for download"

now it's "why isn't it working"

sinon, marrante ta "blague"
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1