Status
Not open for further replies.

Epak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
please someone can say if mario galaxy update is 3.0u or 3.1u? i've 3.0e ,no internet connection and i'don't want brick the console!!!

Hmmm... does anybody know if I can update my PAL Wii with a game disc. I don't have an internet connection for the Wii yet so I'm stuck with 2.1E or something. Does Metroid 3 pal have the 3.1E update?

mypetfrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brand new here. Have been on this site for quite a while, but have had no need to post. Read a couple of pages ago that the image size needs to be padded so it becomes 1.4GB. When I burn the iso, it comes out to 40MB. Am I doing someting wrong? I am an NTSC user, this should not be difficult, but I am sitting here typing this message while I am trying to be a good dad, and my son is getting frustrated while I screw around on the computer (in other words, I can't fully concentrate).

SO... I have a 40 MB image burned. Is this what I proceed with? There is something written about filechop etc. before. Sorry for my newbishness, but what do you expect from an old man?

personally this wasn't a problem, just burn the ISO using any decent burner (hey I even used Toast on the Mac!) and it shoudl be fine. I think the only issue is with some burning software that won;t add on enough of an 'out' track on the disk and it might not be recognised by the wii. burn it, if wii see's it then fine, of not then use the filechop program to make it the full 1.4gb and try again.

might be wrong, feel free to correct me (i'm 'old' too, well so my son tells me!)
Ste

zebrone

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1) Download the game.
2) Patch the game with RegionFrii and burn it.
3) Launch the game and run the update. Unplug the Wii at about 10-15%.
4) Repatch the game (who is already patched with RegionFrii) with Brickblocker and burn it again.
5) Launch the game patched with RegionFrii and Brickblocker and play !

I've 2 questions:
This trick run if you don't have dupe channel? but if you already have it you must do the trick however?
I've fw3.0e if i run SMG i will brick completely my wii..? The update contained in it is 3.1u?

mypetfrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK have 2 well experienced posters to this board advising of 2 options for pre-patching prior to updating the wii with the SMG update.

One says to update the PAL Wii using a regionfrii patched SMG, one says to use the clean SMG to update the PAL wii.

Are both you guys right or doesn't it really matter? Does one lead to a US firmware on the Wii and one PAL?

I'll finally 'do this thing' once I hear back
smile.gif

thanks again guys!

Ste

phrostminor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated the Wiikey to 1.9g and mario is giving black screen. Error #001 unauthorized device has been detected. What can I do now?

spiderben25

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
1) Download the game.
2) Patch the game with RegionFrii and burn it.
3) Launch the game and run the update. Unplug the Wii at about 10-15%.
4) Repatch the game (who is already patched with RegionFrii) with Brickblocker and burn it again.
5) Launch the game patched with RegionFrii and Brickblocker and play !

I've 2 questions:
This trick run if you don't have dupe channel? but if you already have it you must do the trick however?
I've fw3.0e if i run SMG i will brick completely my wii..? The update contained in it is 3.1u?

If you already have duplicate channels, just burn the game patched with RegionFrii (but not with BrickBlocker) and run the full update
smile.gif
This trick is just here to do not have the duplicate channels.
I am not sure but I think the update contained in SMG is 3.1U. So if you have a Wii 3.0E don't do the update or you will brick your Wii !

QUOTE(omgwtfbbqq @ Nov 1 2007, 04:24 PM)PAL users cant run SMG without getting duplicate channels? If thats true then ill wait for PAL?
The "Metroid Prime 3" trick is here not to get the duplicate channels
wink.gif

spiderben25

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
OK have 2 well experienced posters to this board advising of 2 options for pre-patching prior to updating the wii with the SMG update.

One says to update the PAL Wii using a regionfrii patched SMG, one says to use the clean SMG to update the PAL wii.

Are both you guys right or doesn't it really matter? Does one lead to a US firmware on the Wii and one PAL?

I'll finally 'do this thing' once I hear back
smile.gif

thanks again guys!

Ste
If you have a Wiikey, you can use a clean SMG to update because the Wiikey have a RegionFrii feature. However, you should patch with RegionFrii and do the update, it take 5 seconds and you are sure it will work.

canli

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I live in Belgium. I'm glad to have bought an US Wii by the internet;

After the update of Wiikey, SMG works fine. The game asked for an update. Updated without problem.
Thank you Wiikey.

Jools07

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
All this PAL talk is confusing me. I have an NTSC Wii (v3.0U and v1.3 WiiKey), are these the steps I need to take.

1) Burn 1.9g .iso
2) Update Wii to 3.1U
3) Run 1.9g dvd
4) Run clean SMG .iso and let it update as normal
5) Play SMG

Is this correct? I don't need to go from 1.3 to 1.9b first do I?

canli

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
All this PAL talk is confusing me. I have an NTSC Wii (v3.0U and v1.3 WiiKey), are these the steps I need to take.

1) Burn 1.9g .iso
2) Update Wii to 3.1U
3) Run 1.9g dvd
4) Run clean SMG .iso and let it update as normal
5) Play SMG

Is this correct? I don't need to go from 1.3 to 1.9b first do I?

That's what I did. Ah no, my Wii was on 3.0U. I think the update in the Game made it 3.1U.

PS: My wiikey wasn't on 1.9b but on 1.3 before the 1.9g.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!