Wii #0239 - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (USA)

luka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
my friend with a pal 2.2E fw have updated with metroid 3 and no brick happend
ohmy.gif
maybe nintendo have do better fw update for not brick console?

Cocytean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK. let's sum up all we know so far, so that new visitors to the post don't keep on asking questions asked several times before.

The game updates your Wii to allow it to be played, but does NOT contain a firmware update on it - your firmware version will remain the same. If you Brickblock the file, the game WILL NOT PLAY - the update is necessary for it to be run. The game has been confirmed to work on Pal Wiis several times, including those with Wiikeys, but at the cost of duplicating the weather and news channel. These duplicated channels cannot be removed, and cannot be accessed. However, you can move the channels to a different location on your Wii channels should the aesthetics of duplication displease you. No-one knows for sure yet whether or not this is an attempt by Nintendo to 'flag' modded Wiis - more likely is some differing region pieces of code are arguing with one another. All other channels, Internet connection and the like work as normal.

NTSC-J owners still haven't had a confirmed report of Corruption working, but I'm determined to find at least ONE person tonight. I'd do it myself but the game is still on download, and a full day away from finishing.

Oh, and the Brick Blocker designer is on holiday, so there's no chance of him doing a work around this update any time soon.

I think that's about it....

Cocytean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Brad,

It won't brick your system, just add the duplicate channels. I myself could care less about duplicate channels on a system, but you may differ in your opinion.

To everyone else, how about some feedback on the game itself whilst I'm waiting for the first brave NTSC-J owner to come to light? IGN's review was good, but I'd prefer some 'real' people to give their views. No spoilers, please...

Plus it'll help me stop watching this terrible film

ddrrmm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would this be very different for NTSC-J owners then it is for PAL owners?
Id say, the "channel adding" would also occur..?

Innes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i got a disc read error after the first level, i thought my wii was borked but turns out there was a spot on the disc
tongue.gif

Jokiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I dont care about multiple channels, the thing I think about however is that this might not do any harm now..but what if it bricks the wii during the next update or something! :S

bradws

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Cocytean. I put it in the game runs well (played 10 mins) but I wanted to check out the menu, settings, version #, etc and post back...

In essence:
* Still reads 3.0E in menu.
* Channels have duplicated and are not-functional (originals still are as per normal).
* Wii Shop retains functionality (ie. differences between US and AU are still same).
* Wario, Zelda TP (legit), WiiSports (legit), WiiPlay (legit), Big Brain Academy, SSX all played fine - tested for 5 minutes in each.

My feeling is that for USA consoles with 3.0U the game simply checks that the firmware is up to date and flags the game OK to run rather than checking each time the disk is inserted. For PAL users the same thing happens BUT it appears having the equiv firmware installed avoids bricking but still runs and cross checks channels (Mii, Weather, News; the works) and adds in what it believes was missing. I don't have code or anything substantial to back this up but my gut feeling is that I now simply have two useless channels and still the core 3.0E firmware untouched. Nintendo has never conspired to screw modders and I don't believe if they did that they would go about it this way...

coolbgdog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im so mad right now this doesn't even work. If I put it in my wii after like 10 secs I get a black screen saying an error has occured. The funny thing is it only happens with this disc. I played another game and it didn't do that. I dont' understand how a disc is causing the wii to error. I have a ntsc wii chipped with wiinja.

ev0lusi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
coolbgdog: in my experience, that is usually a burn malfunction or bad DVD media. I had the same problem when i Use a different media.

for others, could the duplicated channel be erased if we format the wii memory? i plan to do this after backing up my miis to wii mote and save files to SD card. has anyone heard anything about format?

thx!

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
coolbgdog: in my experience, that is usually a burn malfunction or bad DVD media. I had the same problem when i Use a different media.

for others, could the duplicated channel be erased if we format the wii memory? i plan to do this after backing up my miis to wii mote and save files to SD card. has anyone heard anything about format?

thx!
the weather and news channel remain the same after the format.
only the opinion and the internet channel are deleted (and of course all miis, savegames, vc-games, adressbook etc).

coolbgdog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

thx!
I just burned it again on the same disc another time and it works now.
tongue.gif
I looked at the one I burned before and the disc had some bad deep scratches.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: