Wii #0195 - Donkey Kong Taru Jet Race (Japan)

Arthur77

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nice
smile.gif

gamermole

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah will be hard to find it brand new now. kind of like when mario strikers came out on the cube i searched everywhere, and eventually found a shop that had just 1 copy of it
blink.gif

EddyB

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The bongos wont work on the wii, as you can see you need to pull the mote and chuck back to jump, wont be able to do this with the bongos. Another thing is is the bongos cant be as acurate as the mote and chuck

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was a bit disapointed at first seeing this shifted over to the Wii but I think it is a good decision, the game looks like it has a bit more polish visually and being able to use the Wii remote is a good thing, trust me. I couldn't really play Donkey Konga or Jungle Beat for more than an hour in a single session because my hands would just get too sore!

Any idea when the US or PAL version is due? IGN have it as TBA.
frown.gif

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
And its really weak from Nintendo to make Jet Race a Wii game now, it was clearly designed for the GC Bongos, its really a very cheap turn from Nintendo.
the same goes for Zelda TP and Super Paper Mario...
I bet Zelda TP would have been much better if they hadn't ported it to the Wii...they say they used the delay time to 'polish' the game, but it's clear they only used the time to port the game to the Wii...

asher

^ Liar
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
And its really weak from Nintendo to make Jet Race a Wii game now, it was clearly designed for the GC Bongos, its really a very cheap turn from Nintendo.

the same goes for Zelda TP and Super Paper Mario...
I bet Zelda TP would have been much better if they hadn't ported it to the Wii...they say they used the delay time to 'polish' the game, but it's clear they only used the time to port the game to the Wii...

hell i loved twilight...but now without the wii hype...
i can say this.

twilight and temple of time dungeons sucks ass... same for all the hyrule field
was too useless big.

wind waker was so much better... at least the useless islands were fun to explore.

and after playing okami , twilight felt very shallow.

anyway i love kart games...
and i would love a mario themed wave race or a mario wave kart race.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Boo hoo it was originally a GC game, so what?! SO WHAT?! What is the problem?! Most of you guys already own a Wii and a GC (or a Wii that plays GC games) so honestly what difference does it make what system it comes out on? Think about it!

Heck Nintendo could have just cancelled the game altogether. And now it's coming out on the Wii it has the benefit of slightly better graphics and what I would consider a better control scheme (you try using the bongo controller for an hour or two and tell me your hands aren't sore). Also for consumers they now don't have to purchase any additional accessories in order to play the game.

Finally is it not logical from a business perspective for Nintendo to launch the game on a new sucessful system rather than a redundant system that isn't being manufactured anymore?

*Sigh*

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Boo hoo it was originally a GC game, so what?! SO WHAT?! What is the problem?! Most of you guys already own a Wii and a GC (or a Wii that plays GC games) so honestly what difference does it make what system it comes out on? Think about it!

Heck Nintendo could have just cancelled the game altogether. And now it's coming out on the Wii it has the benefit of slightly better graphics and what I would consider a better control scheme (you try using the bongo controller for an hour or two and tell me your hands aren't sore). Also for consumers they now don't have to purchase any additional accessories in order to play the game.

Finally is it not logical from a business perspective for Nintendo to launch the game on a new sucessful system rather than a redundant system that isn't being manufactured anymore?

*Sigh*
no need to get dramatic...

the point is that Nintendo should develop original games which make good use of the Wiimote, instead of porting all games that didn't make it on the GameCube

and honestly, I wish they had cancelled DK Taru Jet Race to make room for another game...the game never looked exciting at all

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk