Wii #0173 - Mario Party 8 (USA)

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
from the comments in the other thread, this game supposedly blows which is consistent with the last few GC Mario Party games with a stinking score of 5.2. Anyone want to explain why it sucks?

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game is not COMPLETELY terrible. Some of the minigames are a bit flawed due to the game being unresponsive to some input. If you have friends over this game is not all the bad, however if you want something more single player this is obviously not your game. Also, the fake bordered widescreen is terrible and distracting...

Whooper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've Been Waiting For this one, but apparently it sux?
unsure.gif

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
from the comments in the other thread, this game supposedly blows which is consistent with the last few GC Mario Party games with a stinking score of 5.2. Anyone want to explain why it sucks?

It doesn't suck. IGN's score is way off base, and people in the other thread just like to bitch. According to GameRankings, Yahoo gave this an 80%, GameTrailers gave it an 83, and GamePro gave it a 90.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not played a mario party game since the n64 but I think that is may be suffering the same problem as the battle network megaman series: great if you are just breaking into the series but if it is your xth go round.....

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
still pretty sick of how long it takes to play a game thanks to all the text bubbles, will the big N ever get a fucking clue and remove that shit from the game? you actually only have about 15 mins of game play the rest is just bs text! ARGHHHH!!!!

p.s. i havent played this but the reviews state that this is still around (and has been since at least 5), btw 7 sucked ass, hope this is better :/ not diggin the 4:3 tho!

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i really enjoy the game. played it for over 3 hours with my wife last night and had a blast. i plan on having my brother and his wife over soon for some 4-way action
tongue.gif

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
still pretty sick of how long it takes to play a game thanks to all the text bubbles, will the big N ever get a fucking clue and remove that shit from the game? you actually only have about 15 mins of game play the rest is just bs text! ARGHHHH!!!!

p.s. i havent played this but the reviews state that this is still around (and has been since at least 5), btw 7 sucked ass, hope this is better :/ not diggin the 4:3 tho!

I'm still pretty sick of people talking out of their asses.

Mario Party 8 has streamlined the process of moving around the board very nicely. It's not perfect, but I think that it's much improved over previous iterations.

Houou

Trophies
XP
Country

It doesn't suck. IGN's score is way off base, and people in the other thread just like to bitch. According to GameRankings, Yahoo gave this an 80%, GameTrailers gave it an 83, and GamePro gave it a 90.

Oh yes, three sites that guarantee quality. People only hear what they want to hear.

Mark my words: this game will suck ass.

ksponge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've played it and I think it's pretty shitty. The mini games I played were boring eg. poor some stuff on a scale and stop it within 5 grams!!!! WOWWW!!! That's so fun.... erm yeah... Thanks but my IQ is > 90.

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Oh yes, three sites that guarantee quality. People only hear what they want to hear.

Mark my words: this game will suck ass.

These 4 reviews are the *only* reviews for Mario Party 8 that I have seen, and IGN is clearly the odd one out. How am I hearing what I want to hear?

I played the game for an hour an a half last night and I thought it was really good. Whereas you haven't played it, yet still feel like talking out your ass. Mark my words: you have no idea what you're talking about.

If people don't like the game, then that's cool. But I really don't know why so many people are deciding to bad mouth it without even playing it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-