Wii #0172 - Mortal Kombat: Armageddon (USA)

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can use any of the three controllers to play this (it even tells you that when it's loading).

I've found that the special moves respond much much easier when you're just in practice mode or in the real game compared to the tutorials. I have no Idea why that is, but there you go.

What I don't like is how the main attack buttons are the D-Pad buttons, so they're not really within reach of your thumb. It's not that it's counter-intuitive, but you can really tell this game was not designed with the Wii controls in mind. Bleach Wii is a much better example of how a fighting game can work, be fun, simple, and intuitive with the Wii Remote. Dragon Ball Z is way too complicated, so I find myself not doing what I intend with the Wii Remote controls. This was a good attempt, but I doubt I'll be playing this one through, but it's good to have in my "collection".

ZeeMox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How were you guys able to create a profile? My game keeps showing me that all the profile slots are empty, then it launches right to the menu if I press anything, which results in me not being able to play ANYTHING but Motor Kombat. This seriously blows. It also lets me "Enter a Profile Kode."

That's just effing great, thanks - I'd love to enter a code that will never work since NO PROFILES BLOODY EXIST. And it's so kute how you've omitted the letter "C" from the alphabet. Jackasses.

I'm a little pissed.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How were you guys able to create a profile? My game keeps showing me that all the profile slots are empty, then it launches right to the menu if I press anything, which results in me not being able to play ANYTHING but Motor Kombat. This seriously blows. It also lets me "Enter a Profile Kode."

That's just effing great, thanks - I'd love to enter a code that will never work since NO PROFILES BLOODY EXIST. And it's so kute how you've omitted the letter "C" from the alphabet. Jackasses.

I'm a little pissed.

uh, go to "profiles" in the main menu...

qusai

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, you can use any of the three controllers to play this (it even tells you that when it's loading).

I've found that the special moves respond much much easier when you're just in practice mode or in the real game compared to the tutorials. I have no Idea why that is, but there you go.

What I don't like is how the main attack buttons are the D-Pad buttons, so they're not really within reach of your thumb. It's not that it's counter-intuitive, but you can really tell this game was not designed with the Wii controls in mind. Bleach Wii is a much better example of how a fighting game can work, be fun, simple, and intuitive with the Wii Remote. Dragon Ball Z is way too complicated, so I find myself not doing what I intend with the Wii Remote controls. This was a good attempt, but I doubt I'll be playing this one through, but it's good to have in my "collection".

A little off topic i know but DBZ gets VERY fun if you get used to the controls and you play with someone else that also knows what they are doing, it gets really intense.

ZeeMox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm a little pissed.

Everything is greyed out except Motor Kombat.

Bloodgod

嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DBZ control scheme Difficult? WTF? are you guys slow or something? That is probably the best controls for a fighting game out so far. But as for MK:A Jesus Christ WTF were they thinking? This thing sucks ass, at least give us an indicator if we are doing right (see DBZ:BT2). hell I'll take a pointer on the screen. Blindly waving the remote around like a jack ass is all in good fun, but if it does nothing it quite frustrating and pointless. Much as I hate to say it, use a classic controller or a GCN if you have one around.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DBZ control scheme Difficult? WTF? are you guys slow or something? That is probably the best controls for a fighting game out so far. But as for MK:A Jesus Christ WTF were they thinking? This thing sucks ass, at least give us an indicator if we are doing right (see DBZ:BT2). hell I'll take a pointer on the screen. Blindly waving the remote around like a jack ass is all in good fun, but if it does nothing it quite frustrating and pointless. Much as I hate to say it, use a classic controller or a GCN if you have one around.

I just never bothered to really learn it, and since the last fighting game I played seriously was Street Fighter II Turbo, you might see how it is a bit more complicated that I am used to.

I agree about the idea of the indicator letting us know what we're doing, that exists in the practice mode, and I'm wildly more successful at pulling off special moves there than I am in the real game where there is no indicator. Why it's in the practice mode and not in the tutorial or in the arcade mode is totally beyond me...

qusai

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DBZ wasn't hard, I'm just saying that if you find someone that knows how to play (and you know how to play) it's fun, otherwise, you'll just be throwing shitty assed kamehamehas (those mini super mario fire balls, whatever the hell theyre called) and meleeing each other to death.

Unfortunately, i havn't gotten a chance to play MK yet, I downloaded it, labelled it, but still didn't play it. The control scheme can't be too bad with the wiimote, just like any other game, you just have to get used to it.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I'm a little pissed.

Plug in your nunchuk, it's required.

dgeneral

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have to agree with this 100%....I mean after giving this game a good try, I can honestly say I have yet to do any special move with the wiimote that requires an up-down or down-up movement. I tried stepping away from sensor bar, stepping towards bar, moving the bar higher and lower, still nothing....

IMHO if you have this for PS2 or GC or xbox, I wouldnt waste the dvd on it. Im kinda dissapointed, as I was expecting it to be much more fun with the wiimote, but it just plain sucks
mad.gif

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Did you tell it to create memory blocks when you first started the game? You have to let it create memory blocks in the Wii system memory. I bet that's your problem. Otherwise, I have no idea what's up... If you ask me the entire profile password business is BS.

Bloodgod

嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Hooya: Just do the Tutorial with Vegetta and you should be good to go. Mind you I didn't stat out an "expert" with the remotes. But to me pressing buttons with DBZ is way harder. I mean holding Z & B Pull the remote back and push forward for a KAMEHAMEHA is way easier to what ever the equivalent is for the classic controller.

Unfortunately, i havn't gotten a chance to play MK yet, I downloaded it, labelled it, but still didn't play it. The control scheme can't be too bad with the wiimote, just like any other game, you just have to get used to it.

No it's really that bad. A simple hold B with an up/down motion release B is not so simple.

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
i like the controls with the wiimote, but obviously the game was made for the control pad. why bother playing this version if you don't want ot use the wand hehe!!

fatality for melina

forward, forward, dpad right

Bloodgod

嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok I take back SOME of what I said earlier. Moves are easy to do if you put some force into doing the motion. Oh and try not to point the motion actually do them. But as for doing in game it's still crap

ZeeMox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm a little pissed.

Plug in your nunchuk, it's required.
Thanks, that did it. I was so used to those little "Nunchuck Required" messages in all the other games that I didn't even think about it since MK didn't have it.

bobaphatt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
So i was almost about to throw this game out of my window. screaming and shouting out of frustratiion, BUT, the special moves are actually working really good, all you guys who think its rubbish: its all in the timing of pressing the B button...a quick pressB-moveremote-releaseB will do the trick...otherwise it appears to be doing random special moves or nothing at all. but if you time it right, it will do exactly what you tell it to do...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY