Wifi with DVD5 SSBB?

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by Gold_Yoshi, Feb 8, 2008.

Feb 8, 2008

Wifi with DVD5 SSBB? by Gold_Yoshi at 1:47 AM (1,935 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Gold_Yoshi
    OP

Newcomer Gold_Yoshi Newbie

United States
    I have not been able to find any answers on google or by searching around here, so I created this thread. I hope I didn't miss something.

I can watch matches just fine, but I cannot even start a match with other people and battle against them. One of my friends has told me it has to do with it being on the second layer, another said it should work just fine. I have forwarded all the ports nintendo says to forward to the wii, and it connects fine.

Any ideas on why it doesn't work?

2. Anakir

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    I'm not sure if mine's working or not either. The first time I connected, it worked fine. I joined a random battle and worked with bits of lag here and there, but it's fine. After that, I couldn't connect to anyone anymore. I can watch as well, but no more then that. Maybe it's cause I'm playing at a time where Japan's asleep or something.

Try connecting to someone through friends code to see if that works. I need to try that also.

3. UchihaE

Newcomer UchihaE Advanced Member

Netherlands
    I think nobody right now with a DVD5 is able to do this.
    Friendcode connections work fine with DVD5

4. Bob Loblaw

Member Bob Loblaw Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!

United States
    Gold yoshi I added you to my list. Add me and we can play online i use the dvd5 version as well. My FC is in my sig [​IMG]

5. Gold_Yoshi
    OP

United States
    I just got a good media DVD+R DL (Memorex rocks!) and will probably try out online again later. I'll add you back, too.

6. Alonsonic

Newcomer Alonsonic Advanced Member

Venezuela
    >_> guys there is no problems with the dvds dual layer or not you will not be able to play random matchets until usa release because the random system shearch people in zones an you are not in japan so you cant battle anyone the only thing you can do is whatch battles or fight with FCs nothing more see ya an no japan is not asleep

7. Gold_Yoshi
    OP

United States
    Well, there's some options under wifi that aren't translated anywhere, and I am also wondering what they are. It seems like settings for searching worldwide or not...

8. Bob Loblaw

Member Bob Loblaw Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!

United States
    One is for allowing spectators to watch your fights and the other is to recieve downloadable contect from nintendo via wifi. it's best t leave them alone because turning on the downloadable content option could possibly send you something that may brick your wii [​IMG]

also I think the fact that to add a friend you have to 1) input their Friend Code and then 2) they have to input your Friend Code is going over some peoples heads. I think some people ar ejust adding numbers and not having the person on the other end add them back or vice versa. Because everyone saying "Add me! Add me!" I've added 20 something people in the US and about 6 have actally added me back (using the front page list of FCs that platypus compiled) then this is the only way you can look in your friends list and see who is online and who has a fight going and join in