secretsauce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
my brother is looking for a wifi "extender", so basicall he took the cover of an old long ethanet cable and is planning to run it through the roof, i just wanted to know is this safe for the modem because he will tie the end onto the modem, so yea just wanted to know if this is safe for the modem

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
If lightning strikes, the modem/router will fry. Or at least, that's assuming the WiFi extender is on the roof. If you're just running it through a hole in the ceiling, then it'll be fine, though you should seal it up to prevent condensation eating away at the ceiling. It's hard to know which, from the provided description.

If you could be more specific about what he's trying to do and what you're worried about, we can give more specific advice.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
that won't help, in fact it could make it worse, the length of a monopole antenna has to be tuned to the wavelength you are working on. google "diy wifi antenna" or similar, the are dozens of guides out there to making an antenna tuned for 2.4ghz.

secretsauce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
he his trying to put it through a hole in the roof, and im not really worried about anything, i cant see anything going wrong with it, my brother just wants to make sure

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
juggernaut911 said:
Do you mean a repeater? If so, you'd need another WAP and set it to a repeater type of setting/function.

i love you sig russian rick rolled
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: