The fairest in all the land
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I want to buy a WiFi enabled *thingy*
tongue.gif

I want to browse on the webs with something that will fit my pocket.
Does a Dingoo work with wifi mini-sd + browser?

D

Deleted User

Define Cheap, also would you be using it just at home or would you be using it abroad? I assume abroad.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
The cheapest WiFi dongles you'll find are the myriads of WiFi-G dongles running at 54mb/s (not MB/s). They can be for as little as £5 in places, to as much as £30. Some do include micro-SD card slots to be used as data storage too, but I've only seen them in magazines, never one actually sold in shops.

The more expensive WiFi dongles are the WiFi-N dongles running at either 150mb/s or 300mb/s. Those cost in the region of £25-50, and I've never seen one that includes micro-SD.

You can get WLAN dongles, which require you to put your phone SIM card in and connect to the EDGE/3G/similar networks that allow smartphones to connect to the internet. They all rely on price plans which are typically paid monthly (on contract - otherwise you can get Pay-As-You-Surf in some places but I don't like them). Beware if you use one - they often have hidden charges if you go above the bandwidth limit (usually 2-6GB per month, depending on company).

Before you buy any dongle, always check for reviews. Many are difficult to work with or have connection problems, like my Broadcom WiFi-N adapter for my tablet laptop. In fact, Broadcom especially seem to have the most problems in my experience.

elimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iphone or android. you can also get slow text and black and white image browsing on the amazon kindle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol