Widget/theme suggestions (CM9)

Discussion in 'Android' started by soulx, Apr 1, 2012.

Apr 1, 2012

Widget/theme suggestions (CM9) by soulx at 9:27 PM (912 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. soulx
    OP

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    Well I got Ice Cream Sandwich running on my Tab 10.1 (3G) recently and I'm wondering what I can do with it in terms of themes and widgets. I'm not too well-versed on how to theme it so some advice there would also be appreciated. CyanogenMod version is 9.0.0-RC0-p4-KANG.

[​IMG]

Any suggestions for widgets or themes to customize an otherwise barren home-screen?

2. Zerousen

Member Zerousen 【=◈︿◈=】

United States
    Bobclockd3 is a nice looking clock you could put on that screen, it's free, too.

Although it might be a bit redundant, seeing that bobclock already has day of the week, oneseven is a nice looking way to see what day of the week it is.

Those are the only two widgets I have on my phone, but considering yours is a tablet, if you want to listen to music and stuff while browsing the web or something, you could probably put a poweramp widget on there or something.

3. pokefloote

Member pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Music widget (with your preferred player, Winamp/playerpro/doubletwist/tons of others)
    Clock widget (again, there's tons. I use beautiful widgets, but the one posted above is nice as well. BW is a paid app)
    Social networks if you use them are pretty common widgets. Scroll through other peoples business right from your home screen. lol.

I also have a heart container widget for battery life. Some roms don't let you see an actual number for your battery life. This let's you see that from your home screen. I don't need it, but it looks cool and the hearts decrease with battery life. Pretty sweet if you're a zelda fan, but I don't know.

4. soulx
    OP

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    [​IMG]

Thanks to you guys, I changed up my bland home screen a bit! Added Bobclockd3 and Minimalistic Text. Any other advice, anyone?