Homebrew Why we need r4? What stop us?

naxil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi tempers! ! I have see lot of good news around 3ds.
My question is Why we can use any dat with custom site?
What stop us to run homebrew without r4? Launch cfw ecc? I cant understand why that not happen

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi tempers! ! I have see lot of good news around 3ds.
My question is Why we can use any dat with custom site?
What stop us to run homebrew without r4? Launch cfw ecc? I cant understand why that not happen

basically because the .dat files are encrypted so we can't dissect them to have a look and reverse engineer them to make whatever we want

this is done so that flashcarts like gateway (or, "R4", as you put it) still make a profit.

naxil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
basically because the .dat files are encrypted so we can't dissect them to have a look and reverse engineer them to make whatever we want

this is done so that flashcarts like gateway (or, "R4", as you put it) still make a profit.
Thanks for answerme
Now we have arm9 and arm11 via custom site hack.
The old launcher.dat we start via nds hack is opensource?

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
the source of gw version 1 is reverse enginered if that's what you mean, and there's memoffset as opensource the new gw web exploit is also mostly reverse enginered. pm me if you'll need the sources

naxil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I haven't understood why with the jan news (ylanfu works ecc) .. we haven't those dat.
With the ds hack exist lot of dat signed for gw ds hack....

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yifan has already reversed the launcher, as per his spider3DStools were created. There are also mirrors of the webpage that are able to launch non-encrypted binary files. There is a long road ahead of us before any type of CFW, but many things are arising since ARM9 and ARM11 tools have been released. Yifan has also stated that he should be able to use the a WebKit hack to link with other stages so we can launch Ninjhax's boot.3dsx via our browser. I hope that answered your questions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended