Yuuki chan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
found this on other pirate site

bNbl1Zd.jpg

i don't want to shame him for pirating games,it's his issue,but why he still on 9.2 is beyond me?
i am lazy too,but not like this,if you want to pirate something to ask for free stuff don't ask for more(i don't know who to say it)
beggars can't be choosers

if he want to play all the game,why not update his console?
it's not like he is on 4.4 update and using the DS exploit,no,he is using the gateway URL exploit.
WHY?

PS:i tried to find a section to discuss this matter but didn't find any place,can we open a thread to for chat about everything in 3DS?

Last edited by aos10,

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I have a friend who bought a sky3DS (not the orange button) one because it was "the easiest thing to do for piracy".

Hmmm...a $5.64 game on the eshop and 2 hours? Call the 2 hours = $20 (less than minimum wage here)...so $25.64 versus $130 + $40 shipping?

$25.64 versus $170...

And the final result is that Luma3DS + A9LH is much more flexible than a sky3DS. I can play eshop games on my cfw machine AND also play undubs/translations...

Just that humans are lazy. I couldn't stop shaking my head at my friend who did that. And he refuses to get his stuff downgraded and cfw because he "likes keeping things stock".

Last edited by astrangeone,

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
What can we say about that? Piraters are piraters, they won't even change, and they never will.
And he refuses to get his stuff downgraded and cfw because he "likes keeping things stock".
This baffles me. You know you can keep things stock if you have A9LH.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm still on 4.5.0-5

why?
- I didn't need to update (gateway worked fine), so yeah, partly laziness, partly "don't fix if not broken".
- I didn't use my 3DS for more than a year
- My version doesn't have the correct Internet version (-5 doesn't work with Ninjhax, it requires -7)
- I'm afraid of updating/installing CFW but messing it.
- I'm afraid of losing gateway usage if I go with CFW. (I like using 3DS format instead of cia)
- I would need to convert games to cia (unless now they are all in cia format?)
- I still don't need it for the moment, so I push it back for later.
- It will require time to read and understand what I'm doing and why (I don't like doing things blindly in hacking), understand how the scene progressed since 7.x

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still on 4.5.0-5

why?
- I didn't need to update (gateway worked fine), so yeah, partly laziness, partly "don't fix if not broken". I'm fine with that.
- I didn't use my 3DS for more than a year Which is fine
- My version doesn't have the correct Internet version (-5 doesn't work with Ninjhax, it requires -7) I think you can still use ninjahax if i'm not mistaken. People use cubic ninja to install a9lh which requires 2.1.0-1 or 2.
- I'm afraid of updating/installing CFW but messing it. Nothing wrong with that.
- I'm afraid of losing gateway usage if I go with CFW. (I like using 3DS format instead of cia) You can always dualboot gateway and Luma3ds (the cfw you setup with a9lh) https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/
- I would need to convert games to cia (unless now they are all in cia format?) You can still use gateway and .cias at the same time without converting as stated in prevois part
- It will require time to read and understand what I'm doing and why (I don't like doing things blindly in hacking), understand how the scene progressed since 7.x The A9LH guide does a good job telling you why you are doing stuff. https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki It doesn't tell how far the scene has gotten since 7.x though

Last edited by xtheman,
Reactions: Cyan

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
- I'm afraid of losing gateway usage if I go with CFW. (I like using 3DS format instead of cia)
You can still boot into Gateway mode from a9lh, mine boots Luma cfw by default or Gateway if I hold a button.
Yes generally all games are available as CIA, I can't remember the last time I had to convert one. Plus nowadays you can use freeshop or CIAngel to install most games straight on the 3DS without having to download on your computer.

Reactions: Cyan

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pirates aren't lazy. We scath t' seas lookin' for treaaye and exotic pleaaye. Plunderin all t' prizes from t' skies t' underwater then aft abord in time for me tea. When tides be dicey we're dicin' with death like a diver fightin' t' rise for a breath I'm a tycoon takin' lives like a typhoon hypothesizin' that youll probably die quite soon but at least in t' meantime you can enjoy listenin' t' me tune

TarkinMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know safea9lhinstaller now supports uninstalling a9lh so unless you had to hardmod then technically you can make everything stock if you decided to get rid of it. If you have a warranty problem such as can't see the screen or won't turn on then yeah, you might be screwed on that.

Reactions: Deleted User

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm still on 4.5.0-5

why?
- I didn't need to update (gateway worked fine), so yeah, partly laziness, partly "don't fix if not broken".
- I didn't use my 3DS for more than a year
- My version doesn't have the correct Internet version (-5 doesn't work with Ninjhax, it requires -7)
- I'm afraid of updating/installing CFW but messing it.
- It will require time to read and understand what I'm doing and why (I don't like doing things blindly in hacking), understand how the scene progressed since 7.x
You can follow @xtheman166 advice if you want to jump to A9LH bandwagon, but you can also install CIAs in GW emuNAND, actually GW site links to a 3ds version of devmenu (or you can use the 3ds version of FBI, I think that there is/was one). But then some CIAs may not work directly on GW CFW.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thanks for all the help.
Should I do it now, or can I wait until I have a game I want to play ?
Waiting doesn't break the guide to install cfw, right? even if there's a new console update the guide can still be followed?

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for all the help.
Should I do it now, or can I wait until I have a game I want to play ?
Waiting doesn't break the guide to install cfw, right? even if there's a new console update the guide can still be followed?
You should do it now. Waiting shouldn't make a difference. If a new update comes it should be safe but just in case check here as their will be at least 15 update threads.

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I still with the third gateway update. That one who needs to formate the card every time you want to change your games. Dont even know what firmeware. I could think it's because I not play 3ds so mutch, but Im pretty sure it's because my wood leg.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu